RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Anyone else missing them.....

Yep this is abysmal.  Instead of getting people who have been involved in the industry, they add the TAB bookie Stephen Hunt to their repertoire - surely they can do better than that!?

Before Race 3, Stephen Hunt tells us that 85% of all turnover on that race has been on Bloodstream.  Really??  If that were the case and allowing for their margin, the horse should have been paying just over $1.   

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

And here's our colour coordinated chestnut.

Not picking on SH though, just smirking about the blue, on red, on large lime conifers.....I think I'd rather the short lemon dress on Francesca :) 

IMG_6818.JPG

Face for Radio you reckon.....?:lol:

Blue, chestnut and chartreuse don't go terribly well together !!!

And right on cue, to prove my point ( not sure if it was Bert, Ernie or Matt Cross ) one of the muppets chimes in with " First Serve, the wonder mare of the South, but she's getting up in the ratings now "....mmmmm.....she's on a 90 Matt, take off her sex allowance and she's an 86, that's a half kilo above the minimum in an open handicap FFS, and extraordinarily she's just won two open handicaps in a row.

On a more serious, and very sad note, commiserations to team King Montrose, just a great old horse and a shame to see it end like that.

Further note to Matt Cross.

I was a fan of yours until today ( probably still will be because you're some talent ) but now you're trying to run before you can walk Matt.

William Wallace is on 59kg ( a 63 rating ) because he won a $10k Saturday maiden, it's formula based Matt, you win a Saturday maiden you go to a 63 rating. Learn your ratings and handicapping Matt.

I'l give you another tip Matt, there is no issue with horses running down the chute first time, unless they lead across the junction, that can be distracting for them, but that's not what you said.

Less is more Matt, if you don't know what your saying just say nothing, we don't need any more bullshitters on Trackside.

On Saturday, 5 November 2016 at 2:21 PM, Midget said:

And here's our colour coordinated chestnut.

Not picking on SH though, just smirking about the blue, on red, on large lime conifers.....I think I'd rather the short lemon dress on Francesca :)

IMG_6818.JPG

I thought that was Chesney from Coro ??

Look I heard Freedman talking about Lee Magorrian the other day and how coming from Ireland he would not be used to tight tracks like Canterbury in Sydney.  Clearly Richard had no idea where Magorrian had started out.

He was quite complimentary but clearly unaware of exactly where he had  been previously

They all make mistakes it doesn't matter how 'good' they are

And they all eat three meals a day....but does that mean they're qualified to be on the Food Channel ?

They all drive cars, but you wouldn't put them on Top Gear.

The truth is that whomever is doing the recruiting and appointing for Trackside is a moron who doesn't know or care about racing, otherwise at least half these clowns wouldn't be allowed within 100 miles of a live broadcast.

That said the game is fucked at every level so I suppose it's only right we have morons and ignorami hosting the TV shows so they can drive even more people away. 

A question and a thought.

Where was D M Walsh ? he's forgotten more than the crew of the Muppet Show combined, they could've slipped him in beside Matt Cross ( their best broadcaster by a mile ) and produced something very useful.

I know DMW is a work in progress, but so's MC, and their weakness offset each other, as do their strengths, but oh no, instead of doing the right thing and bringing in experience we get the same old mind numbing shite from the likes of XXXXXX ( I only know three questions and I've got no idea ) I don't want to name names here, they've got feelings too, but it's not the likes of Mark Mc or Greg O, they're just fine, it's the talking heads who sitting static in front of the camera that are the problem.

2 hours ago, turny said:

DMW would be a good start - at least he knows the game and in time would be superb

I see according to today's stuff story he is driving work for Mark Purdon and he applied for a stipes job earlier this year and, unbelievably, got turned down.  

That about sums up how thick the powers that be who run NZ racing are.