RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Manawatu Race 4 - shocker!!

Another junior got pinged last night for trying to hard it would seem ,they harp on about public perception but surely they need to take into account the betting publics perception as there more betting public that watch and spend money on races rather than the animal rights would just protest for the sake of it 

On 18/11/2016 at 8:16 PM, gubellini said:

Sad to see the judge,jury and executioner brigade going ballistic on this thread. Wait for the respective inquiries to conclude and you can all eat humble pie!

Well. it looks like the humble pie will be going back in the freezer.  Nothing wrong at all defending him and calling it like you see it, a little misguided this time around that's all.

Mr Spyro yes I am eating humble pie. Won't be the last time. Defending jockeys and drivers can be an arduous task! Four gallopers I have shares in will race this month. I GUARANTEE I will not criticise any of their jockeys. The day I start bagging jockeys and drivers will be the day I get out of racing!

21 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Mr Spyro yes I am eating humble pie. Won't be the last time. Defending jockeys and drivers can be an arduous task! Four gallopers I have shares in will race this month. I GUARANTEE I will not criticise any of their jockeys. The day I start bagging jockeys and drivers will be the day I get out of racing!

Fair enough, as an owner I realise things don't always go to plan, anything can happen.  Years ago I remember a jockey getting stung by a wasp mid race and not being able to ride the horse out, I'm sure there was case more recently where horse itself was stung on bum.  However if the ride is so out of whack and contrary to instruction you surely have right to ask the question.   I don't know driving fee, I think riding fee is around $ 145 ?   Look at this way, if said jockey paid you that money for plumbing job and you made a complete balls up. you can bet they wouldn't be happy forking out for the bill.   I'm pretty sure ( tight little fellas they are with their money as we all know ) no excuse would wash with them.

6 hours ago, gubellini said:

Oh well looks like Geoff Martin Lynch Mob 1 gubellini 0. Looks like he will get a disqualification period for the Manawatu charge and a fine for the lesser Cambridge charge. I will continue to defend drivers and jockeys when I deem it to be appropriate. Any thoughts on his penalty to be delivered at Auckland tonight?

I think he should get 2 years suspension from driving.  Nothing wrong with telling a driver what you think. Its just a matter of saying it in a way that is not a put down.  All the good drivers get off and tell you if they have made a mistake anyway.   The main thing is they are giving it there best shot.  

17 hours ago, gubellini said:

Thanks kimtapper I never drove raceday. Only a Dominion Handicap winner in WORK. Thanks for the correction!

Sorry gubellini.I never tried to correct you- only stating i also drove a Dominion winner in Work that has a sneaky look into this site.Good Luck. 

8 hours ago, eljay said:

One assumes a appeal will be lodged.

Eljay, what basis would he appeal it?

Clearly guilty of not giving his horse every chance to win.

If he wasn't going to use the whip then he shouldn't carry one, and notify the public as such!

Danke hasn't been going that good recently because he has started him at every meeting and sometimes twice in the night, and he has gone stale.

Brodie - I'm not saying he should appeal it but isn't that usually what happens?     Seen plenty lately who appeal on grounds of "severity of sentence".       And of course it now that time of the year when the legal profession take 6 to 8 weeks off so the appeal date would be late January/February which would then mean he could carry on till such time as the appeal is held.    And it's pretty certain he would be eyeing up the December/January grass circuit with both his horses.     I don't know whether he had any legal counsel or advocate for the just completed hearing until the JCA post the full summary of the hearing in their web site.

What a bloody joke.

Geoff Martin gets massacred by many on here and gets 15 months but you say nothing about Allan Beck's conviction for not trying on Don Sebastion and he only gets 3 race days off.

That Mr Beck had failed to show enough vigour over the concluding stages of the race was said by the RIU to be “hugely detrimental to the image and interests of our sport”. Mr Beck’s actions had had a detrimental effect not only on the punters who had invested on the race but also on any potential punters who would have been “turned away” by his actions. Through disadvantaging the public, as he had, the actions of Mr Beck had only served to dent the reputation of Harness Racing.

If I were Geoff Martin I would be pretty pissed off and feel victimised. 

Complete bullshit.

Here is a good read. Comedy at its best.

Wyndham HRC - Sunday, 13th November 2016
Race 2 - A ROCKNROLL DANCE 'SIRING OUTSTANDING FOALS' MOBILE PACE
The adjourned hearing in relation to the charge issued to Open Driver Mr A Beck alleging he had failed to take all reasonable and permissible measures in the home straight to ensure DON SEBASTIAN was given full opportunity to win the race was held at Ascot Park Raceway on 24th November 2016. 

Mr Beck defended this charge and after viewing all available films along with considering evidence presented by the Racing Integrity Unit, Mr Beck and his witnesses Mr M Swain and DON SEBASTIAN's trainer Mr D Baynes the JCA found the charge to be proven.

After written submissions on penalty were filed the JCA's decision dated 15th December 2016 was to suspend Mr Beck's horseman's license from the end of racing at the WAIRIO TC's meeting on the 17th December 2016 up to and including the WINTON HRC's meeting on the 29th December 2016 (3 racing days). Mr Beck was additionally fined the sum of $480.00 and ordered to pay costs to the sum of $220.00 to the Racing Integrity Unit.

Double standards in these 2 cases.  Makes you wonder sometimes. I would have thought trying is the most important thing in any race. Some drivers can make an error of judgment sometimes,misjudging their place or their timing, but this looked a case of not wanting to win.   Not sure why he drove like he did as he is normally very good. 

Where are the crusaders for punishment for not driving a horse out? Where are the outraged followers of harness racing looking to clean up the game? Why didn't the whip lovers get stuck into him for not using it?

Allan Beck gets 3 days for not trying and nary a word!

Hypocrites. 

Maybe the bandwagon was big enough or trendy enough!

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Where are the crusaders for punishment for not driving a horse out? Where are the outraged followers of harness racing looking to clean up the game? Why didn't the whip lovers get stuck into him for not using it?

Allan Beck gets 3 days for not trying and nary a word!

Hypocrites. 

Maybe the bandwagon was big enough or trendy enough!

Yes there are inconsistencies all the time from the Stipes.

Geoff Martin got a massive suspension due to him flouting the rules more than once, however does seem too long in comparison to Alan Becks!

Not too sure what Becks motivation for not driving the horse out was really unless he was having an afternoon kip.

There are going to be more episodes of drivers not driving horses out in tight finishes due to the new 10 hit whip rule!

James Hedded got fined yesterday for excess hits in the last 400m and he wouldn't have run a pace without the whip and broke the rules and yet the punters of the placed horses and the 4th horse lose out don't they!

Maybe suspensions rather than fines should occur which would make the drivers perhaps obey the new rule!