RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Manawatu Race 4 - shocker!!

19 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Gruff brilliant analysis. Danke is a chronic one batter.Whipping him does not make him go any faster he merely grinds away. Pity all the Lynch mob who have never driven a horse don't get it. Good luck to Geoff tonight.

Cobblers!

He put the whip away totally well short of the line last start so why was he flaying it around in the air if it makes no difference.

Why was he carrying a whip if it makes no difference.

You can't condone nilness or cheating Gubellini!

The fellah drives to run places.

The palmy one was a disgrace as well not long after the line u see him turn and laugh with the driver that won it .clearly his horse was under a strangle hold the horses head was almost back against its neck, just after the line he loosens the reins and it in front jogging with a head stretched out not restrained like the last 150m of the race 

13 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Hi Brodie. Agree to disagree! One thing for sure this minor trot at Manawatu tonight will be the most scrutinised Trot in the history of Harness Racing in N.Z.!

No problem at all disagreeing, pretty boring really if everyone thought the same about everything.

Yes it will be interesting tonight, but I don't really see why he is driving as Geoff Martin can't win whatever he does!

The JCA have stuffed up big time by not make a decision either way.

What the hell do they they think they are doing by not having a hearing, FFS it wouldn't take long, he either hooked it or he didn't!!

A quick look at the stipe's report that will come out later tonight after Race 1....

...Danke broke at start due to 'intense scrutiny' it could feel from RaceCafe members viewing the race. Geoff Martin could offer no other explanation as to the horse breaking as he was trying to run second or third. The JCA had no comment either, as no one was present for meeting due to them all being on Christmas holidays for the next 5 months.

13 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Danke broke at the start and never in it. Shows how totally intractable he is. Had a good touch on One Night Out. Stepped and never in danger of being run down. More upside than Danke for sure.

Sorry, but the fact that he stepped and then broke for a bit has got absolutely anything to do with whether Geoff Martin gave Danke every chance to win at the 2 starts that he has been charged for.

Yes Danke has broken before but got nothing to do with Geoff Martin not doing everything to win.

There are heaps of horse that gallop but the drivers use the whip on them.

Martin didn't bother even pulling the whip out of the dust sheet today!

Geoff had no need to use the whip today because he was so far back after the early break he was never going to be in contention.If he had stepped and Geoff had driven him with the whip to the line I am sure he would have broken before the line.Brodie et al you don't seem to realise that some trotters can't be driven to the line being constantly whipped because they will break if done so. Brodie I don't know if you have ever driven a horse but if you haven't I suggest you enrol in an Amateur Driving Course and you will have a better understanding of these matters!

30 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Geoff had no need to use the whip today because he was so far back after the early break he was never going to be in contention.If he had stepped and Geoff had driven him with the whip to the line I am sure he would have broken before the line.Brodie et al you don't seem to realise that some trotters can't be driven to the line being constantly whipped because they will break if done so. Brodie I don't know if you have ever driven a horse but if you haven't I suggest you enrol in an Amateur Driving Course and you will have a better understanding of these matters!

I appreciate he was a long way back today but if he has no intention of ever using the whip then he shouldn't be carrying one and just use the reigns.

I wouldn't want to drive with other amateurs Gubellin as it would be far too dangerous out with that lot.

No chance of Danke galloping from constant use of the whip from Martin as he never uses it.

Wish the JCA would do what they are paid for and make the right decision by chucking him out as anything less than that is making a mockery of the rules of harness.

So what do you make of the timeswhen he clearly hits the horse up he straight when he's been running 5th or 6th trying reach  2nd 3rd or 4ths ? Or do you not watch those races and turn a blind eye ?

1 hour ago, hsvman said:

So what do you make of the timeswhen he clearly hits the horse up he straight when he's been running 5th or 6th trying reach  2nd 3rd or 4ths ? Or do you not watch those races and turn a blind eye ?

I meant on Danke when he didn't want to use it!

I know he has used it when he has been out the back and probably never going to win but run a place at best.

He certainly knows how to use a whip and shout at a horse as he gave Soldier some severe belts in the straight today even when he was never going to get near them.

Poor old Danke is now 6/131. He tries hard but just doesn't have the heart/lung capacity and oxygen uptake to win races. If Geoff is put out and he goes to another trainer I still can't see him winning races whip or no whip.

I mean the times Geoff has use the whip seriously on danke, what's your take there why some weeks will he hit the danke hard and others not, I know the difference but I'm wondering what's your take on that gubellini?

Fine line between keeping a trotter trotting squarely and using a whip at the same time. Hate labouring the point but a horse like Danke doesn't go any faster when hit with the whip.hsvman Danke has been hit with the whip in 131 races now for very moderate returns. The idea that Geoff is only driving to run a place is farcical. hsvman the costs of keeping a horse in work are horrendous and trainers and owners need every cent they can earn to keep going!

the Way racing is at the moment a win for many horsesis the straw the broke the camels back, if a battling horse wins a race a gets 3k stake it goes up a grade where you can almost garentee it won run a place very often in its next 10-15 starts , yet if they can hover around a certain grade where they can run a place say 3out of 5 starts they soon earn there consistant stake money they goes past the $3k  they would've one had they won earlier. A lot of maidens they aren't capable of winning more that 1 race can earn a hell of a lot more money running  a long period of time in the maiden grade than they would have if they win too soon. It does cost a lot to keep a horse going but it if you pay for a horse to be trained for a few months after a spell and then win straight away and go to a grade where you struggle to earn a cheque or run respectable races to the point when you have to then decide to sack the horse or follow fields round until you drop back. Surely your better of for owners to run a string of placings before a horse wins and that's exactly what I'm sure Geoff has been trying to do 

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

The idea that Geoff is only driving to run a place is farcical.

I don't know this fella,im guessing nor do you.  Correct me if I'm wrong, is this not the same fella suspended about 20 years ago for betting on another horse in a race he drove in?  Hutt park on danny gee was it not?  Anyone remember that?

what a post I don't recall Geoff being fined for betting on another horse. Someone else might. However in December 2009 he was fined $1,250 for administering a calcium fermate substance to the pacer Willoughby. The horse was in his temporary care for the Canterbury trainer Carl Forrester. In the 1980's and 90's I held a Harness Owner Trainer Licence and often saw Geoff at trials/races at Cambridge and Claudelands. I would have spoken to him a number of times when I tied up a horse beside or near him. I found him to be thoroughly professional in all he did at those two venues.

On 11/19/2016 at 7:32 PM, Gruff said:

Hey Shapiro, you haven't been to far off the mark but you need to put the handbrake on your language,how can anybody take you seriously acting like a prize prawn ? 

yep gruff u r right! point taken, just the frustration came out , cause i love the the harness game so much! but yeah good comment and i will!! take that and filter that kind of language