RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Manawatu Race 4 - shocker!!

Innocent until proven guilty. Geoff knows the horse and is the regular driver so as long as everything he does with the horse is consistent there is no issue,unfortunately for Geoff we have the ability to compare drives and when we  view his Oct 11 Race 1 Drive alarm bells start to ring louder, it also rules out Gubes defence of this Sundon. 

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

sorry, but I can't see how you can defend such mediocre performances in the cart.

It really does look very bad and yet he still is allowed to drive even though he has been charged twice but had hearings adjourned for some unknown reason.

Seems you have somehow read something into my post that I never said,thought what I said was clear enough.. Giving a reason why someone would do something, is not the same as saying that behavior is acceptable.     Unfortunately I would say shapiro's message has lost credibility with most because of  his choice of language                                                                          I am surprised that some believe he  should have been stood down without a chance to defend himself.  If you believe he should have been, can you point to the rule and any precedents where it has happened before?

1 hour ago, what a post said:

Seems you have somehow read something into my post that I never said,thought what I said was clear enough.. Giving a reason why someone would do something, is not the same as saying that behavior is acceptable.     Unfortunately I would say shapiro's message has lost credibility with most because of  his choice of language                                                                          I am surprised that some believe he  should have been stood down without a chance to defend himself.  If you believe he should have been, can you point to the rule and any precedents where it has happened before?

What a Post, basically I don't see that he has got any defence whatsoever, it is so blatantly obvious.

He never touched Danke and he puts the whip away well short of the post, so,I can't see why the Stipes haven't stood him down already.

He was charged at Manawatu and nothing yet and then at Cambridge even worse.

I see he has got Danke in again at Manawatu on Tuesday and he is down to drive it again, unbelievable!

The young junior driver at Kaikoura got done on the spot for what I consider not a serious br each of anything, Alistair Lowe got done for trying too hard and yet 2 shockers from Mr Martin and yet he can have another go at taking the piss!

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

What a Post, basically I don't see that he has got any defence whatsoever, it is so blatantly obvious.

He never touched Danke and he puts the whip away well short of the post, so,I can't see why the Stipes haven't stood him down already.

He was charged at Manawatu and nothing yet and then at Cambridge even worse.

I see he has got Danke in again at Manawatu on Tuesday and he is down to drive it again, unbelievable!

The young junior driver at Kaikoura got done on the spot for what I consider not a serious br each of anything, Alistair Lowe got done for trying too hard and yet 2 shockers from Mr Martin and yet he can have another go at taking the piss!

maybe  like a previous genius poster states u just have to talk to other drivers who have driven that breed!! .. the charges will be dropped! .....mwah ha ha ha ha ha .. and ha ha haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want to hear something funny? CRAIG KENNET ! THE MAORI KEYBOARD WARRIOR !!!!! the only one who has 30 different aliases and has an article written about him. jack sprat and john ryan are CRAIG KENNET!   ... dont believe me? check it out!

On 11/18/2016 at 3:11 AM, Brodie said:
On 11/19/2016 at 2:25 AM, Brodie said:

Harewood, obviously our eyes are seeing differently.

Geoff Martin's whip never once has touched Danke.

He is just waving it in the air, end of storey.

You clearly know the fellah which is fine, but deserves a severe punishment if there is any justice from the JCA and can't see why it takes so long!

Brodie obviously our eyes are seeing differently

Martin hit Danke 3 times up the straight. Not hard but but downward flicks on the horses rump Not waiving it in the air but hitting the horse, end of story

You obviously have a set against G Martin  just like you do against the All Star stable. Respect other peoples views will you just as you claim to have a right to express yours. Because people see a race different to you or have contrary opinions doesn't mean they are wrong and you always right. Saying that "You clearly know the fellah" is ridiculous and shows your ignorance in accepting anyone else's opinion. I like in another country have never met the man and wouldnt even recognize him if I ever met him.

If you read my post correctly you would have seen I said he drove incompetently so I am not defending him.

Of all people I would have thought you would have been happy with Danke being a perennial place getter suiting you punting style.  

On 11/19/2016 at 4:44 AM, Toblerone said:

Mate, you definitely need to go to Specsavers. That, or lay off the crack.

No probl with my eyesight. I think you better lay off the chocolate Toberone.  

9 hours ago, harewood said:

Harewood,

Going around in circles and no problem with you Harewood, and agree to disagree on this one.

Dont believe though that Martin touched Danke with the whip at all and pretty clear to see really, and put whip away too early after flaying in the air.

Needs a very long holiday for nilness or contempt of the rules of harness, and yet he is still allowed to drive on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Harewood,

Going around in circles and no problem with you Harewood, and agree to disagree on this one.

Dont believe though that Martin touched Danke with the whip at all and pretty clear to see really, and put whip away too early after flaying in the air.

Needs a very long holiday for nilness or contempt of the rules of harness, and yet he is still allowed to drive on Tuesday.

Brodie we do agree to disagree. Lets just leave it at that instead of resaying that it was pretty clear to see. I saw it that he did hit the horse. Its history now lets see what the stipes say/

12 hours ago, harewood said:

Yes it is why do you ask Grumpy?

Far from it Harey:) ...how did u see he hit the horse and what's your take on the oct 11 drive? Doesn't compare well. Everyone deserves a fair go in this game including the Drivers but I find it hard to see anything to exonerate him here. 

No doubt the Lynch mob will be baying for blood when Geoff drives Danke at Manawatu tomorrow! I am going to the Te Teko Trials tomorrow but will be back home to watch his drive. Wonder if myself and the armchair experts watch the same race!

8 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

He drives again  tomorrow...

I am very very surprised this case has not been dealt with before now. I get it takes time to build a case but this is getting ridiculous.

Another terrible look for those in power. 

Happy, I pointed out several days ago,that Danke was down again to start tomorrow with Geoff Martin still in the cart.

The fellah has been charged twice by the JCA and opened and adjourned for what reason god only knows.

Seriously to be charged twice in 2 drives and still be allowed to go out again is just blatantly ridiculous and he should have at least put someone else on Danke.

No he hasn't been found guilty yet by the JCA but FFS he is as guilty as sin and it is an absolute blight on the industry that 

People are talking about.

What the hell is the JCA waiting for?

Three times and you are out for life and Geoff Martin can't be a winner out of his drive tomorrow night either can the punters who are keeping the industry still ticking over'!!!!

Just now, Brodie said:

Happy, I pointed out several days ago,that Danke was down again to start tomorrow with Geoff Martin still in the cart.

The fellah has been charged twice by the JCA and opened and adjourned for what reason god only knows.

Seriously to be charged twice in 2 drives and still be allowed to go out again is just blatantly ridiculous and he should have at least put someone else on Danke.

No he hasn't been found guilty yet by the JCA but FFS he is as guilty as sin and it is an absolute blight on the industry that 

People are talking about.

What the hell is the JCA waiting for?

Three times and you are out for life and Geoff Martin can't be a winner out of his drive tomorrow night either can the punters who are keeping the industry still ticking over'!!!!

Can't wait to see his drive!

Maybe he will hit it, and it will break to prove he can't hit it!!

I agree with you on everything you say except he is guilty as sin. I think he will either get 12 months or let off, I don't think there will be much in between. If you are going to throw someone out for that length of time then it has to be a good case but what the hell are they waiting for I do not know!

His only hope is to be Chris Johnson quiet and hope danke runs the race of its life.....but given what's transpired I would suggest his only play (if they really do have that control) is to break it up to have no critique before any pending enquiry. Hoping it's not the latter:mellow:

7 hours ago, Gruff said:

His only hope is to be Chris Johnson quiet and hope danke runs the race of its life.....but given what's transpired I would suggest his only play (if they really do have that control) is to break it up to have no critique before any pending enquiry. Hoping it's not the latter:mellow:

Haha and then get a charge with driving in a manner likely to cause his own horse to gallop 

57 minutes ago, hsvman said:

Haha and then get a charge with driving in a manner likely to cause his own horse to gallop 

What does that look like HRV ? These blokes at the integrity unit don't get it easy do they:blink: 

Geoffs November 1 drive in the first race is similar to the oct 11 effort,his whipping style is unique to say the least and coupled with other inconsistencies doesn't do himself any favours HRV probably why he has been charged previously, the one thing that becomes evident is the way the horse doesn't seem to pick up regardless of his action or lack of so for mine hard to disqualify the man. Hope he wins tonight:)