RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hound Fan

WHY 11 RACES AT AUCKLAND AND CAMBRIDGE

For some reason Auckland and cambridge seem to get only 11 races why?.....I would like to hear from other trainers to how many off there dogs are missing out.....a lot off people seem to think it is a lack off dogs i think it is a selection criteria problem up in the north and if fixed they would easy get 12 races plus..... please let me know and i will go in to bat...They should not have woken the sleeping grizzly bear....

19 minutes ago, modest mouse said:

Like your post. Ours are out because of kennel cough. Not having a problem getting  starts. The only bugbear for us is the lack of distance races. Problem for us is (because of health problems) that we are confined to Auckland.  

I wonder how many dogs were nommed for that COD 603 today? They really need to allow us to have 6 dog dis races again

58 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

I wonder how many dogs were nommed for that COD 603 today? They really need to allow us to have 6 dog dis races again

Thats the main reason for me chucking the game in....no distance race carded in the north at all (not c0-1 or 2) since mid july!! (And could be longer but thats as far back as I could be bothered to look up) Thats shocking really and doesnt make for a bright looking future.

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

just yesterday you were saying let's limit the amount of  New Zealand bred dogs that would fix the problem now you have this it tells me there isn't enough dogs 

33 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

just yesterday you were saying let's limit the amount of  New Zealand bred dogs that would fix the problem now you have this it tells me there isn't enough dogs 

There will never be enough distance dogs. Its the grading policies that are stopping distance races being held

4 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

yes and you want to stop breeding so what chance has the distance races got them 

Nope. I want to limit breeding. When three or four people are breeding 3-400  dogs a year and none of these dogs are going thru gap and only a little over a quater are getting to the track. Qs have to be asked, and alot of the dogs getting to the track cant get pass c1 is ridiculious

where are you getting your figures from who is only getting a quarter of there dogs to the races and who is not putting  them thru gap in can think of a couple of trainers who pass there dogs on to others when  they need to

45 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

and alot of the dogs getting to the track cant get pass c1 is ridiculious

That is the problem , quantity over quality. Fields should be selected highest grade down over , mixing grades if need be to make quality racing .Even 7 dog middle and 6 dog distance fields up the grades is surely much better than all of the C1 sprints going round now. The C1 sprints have a place , but the quality dogs should come first.

50 minutes ago, Joe blogs said:

where are you getting your figures from who is only getting a quarter of there dogs to the races and who is not putting  them thru gap in can think of a couple of trainers who pass there dogs on to others when  they need to

how about you watch last years awards hah? where the Ahern rep said they are breeding over 300 a year and plan to increase their numbers. How many Ahern dogs do we see get to the track? At most, 100 a season including imports. How many do we see go through gap? less than 1/5... and they are not even the biggest breeders in NZ as im sure you are well aware of Joe blogs

59 minutes ago, it's a ballroom said:

That is the problem , quantity over quality. Fields should be selected highest grade down over , mixing grades if need be to make quality racing .Even 7 dog middle and 6 dog distance fields up the grades is surely much better than all of the C1 sprints going round now. The C1 sprints have a place , but the quality dogs should come first.

Not for turnover 

1 hour ago, alltheway!!! said:

how about you watch last years awards hah? where the Ahern rep said they are breeding over 300 a year and plan to increase their numbers. How many Ahern dogs do we see get to the track? At most, 100 a season including imports. How many do we see go through gap? less than 1/5... and they are not even the biggest breeders in NZ as im sure you are well aware of Joe blogs

the reason why there dogs don't go thru gap is they pass them on to others so it its the others who buy them or what other deal to get them to gap  not ahern

and I think the young lady at last year's awards was not supposed to say that

As I mentioned in a pervious topic the future of racing in the North is facing a number of concerns around dog numbers and the quality of dogs racing no disrespect to anyone intended but it is what is. I honestly cant see any improvement up North going forward as their is only a few owners importing dogs and they are not what i would call open class dogs of what i have seen racing up north. So yes the industry needs a breeding program which is controlled to a certain point on quailty vs numbers 

14 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

I do agree with what you say here but unfortunately the association and the clubs have their backs against a wall on this because their in the position of "once bitten twice shy". We have all seen certain trainers nominating dogs for distance races with absolutely no intentions of lining them up in it purely to get the numbers to have the race carded in the first place. If they allow six dog distance races theres every chance this will still happen and they will be 4 or 5 dog fields. There would have to be a stand down rule ammendment that would coincide with 6 dog distance fields...maybe something like scratched dogs can only be inspected by track vets in the presence of a stipe and must be checked within 24hrs of the time they were scratched, if the so called injury or illness is not detected then 5 week stand down, this would go close to detering field manipulation.  Classic case of the minority wrecking it for the majority here.

How about all the clubs that want distance racing (600m to 699m)should pay an extra $50  to all unplaces runners.

And if thay want 700m+ races they pay $100 to all unplaced runners. Should get full feilds.

As for the 11 races,the clubs should pay appearence money,but then the locals will be missing out.

The clubs can alway get full feilds it is just going to be at a cost to them to do so.

Good luck to the north trainers/owners and clubs,

56 minutes ago, I know said:

It's the tab mate nothing to do with Nzgra 

Well if this is the case then any business, organisation or association worth there weight would be busy digging through the archives collecting fact on betting trends to compile a proposal to present to the TAB and fight for them to consider their decision...its common knowledge that distance races generate bigger pools but when presented with these facts it can help your case. The tab could help themselves with this too by simply added a footnote to the screen during pre race build up stating "603 distance race" or "650 distance race", most punters have no clue until the race is halfway run.

4 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

Well if this is the case then any business, organisation or association worth there weight would be busy digging through the archives collecting fact on betting trends to compile a proposal to present to the TAB and fight for them to consider their decision...its common knowledge that distance races generate bigger pools but when presented with these facts it can help your case. The tab could help themselves with this too by simply added a footnote to the screen during pre race build up stating "603 distance race" or "650 distance race", most punters have no clue until the race is halfway run.

Please stop referring to 603 or 650 races as distance events. 700 plus is a distance event, 600 plus races are for flea's, and slow C5 middle distance dogs. They are an abortion, and on a par to squib races.:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, aquaman said:

Please stop referring to 603 or 650 races as distance events. 700 plus is a distance event, 600 plus races are for flea's, and slow C5 middle distance dogs. They are an abortion, and on a par to squib races.:rolleyes:

please dont say such garbage... id like it to be here what they are in AUS... Look at the hume cup this year, full of stars... why not have a few more races over 600