RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pogo(aus)

sacred elixir

with such a brilliant win by winx in the cox plate the effort of the kiwi 3 yo today in the vase hasn't got much ink yet..

but i noticed the tab bookie that put up 15/4 about it in the derby broke a wrist reeling it in:blink:

many will be looking forward to next saturday, shapes as another great day.

58 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Blowing out in auzzie, $3.10

So funny listening to Thaddeus Taylor and Stephen Hunt on the wireless this afternoon going on about the bets they've taken from the mugs at 2.90 and making it sound like they're worried about how they're going to payout on the horse so they've had to bring his price into 2.80.  A few hours later and he's out to 3.20.

One has to feel sorry for Tony Pike. He prepared Sacred Elixir to peak on Derby day and did a 100% job of it. He puts on a world class jockey only to have the Jockey completely stuff it up, by riding like a Coonabaraban apprentice. An absolute shocking ride, full of panic, no patience at all, and one he should watch the replay over and over again - in order to learn how to ride stayers. 

He was given no chance Belinda. He finished full of running, easily beating the rest, even after being ridden in a panic from the 600 to the 400 - getting buffeted, knocked, put off stride, etc and leaving himself a sitting duck. A shocking ride and I'd be surprised if you ever saw him on the horse again. No patience whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

He was given no chance Belinda. He finished full of running, easily beating the rest, even after being ridden in a panic from the 600 to the 400 - getting buffeted, knocked, put off stride, etc and leaving himself a sitting duck. A shocking ride and I'd be surprised if you ever saw him on the horse again. No patience whatsoever.

boris says 101% correct.

panic ride if i ever saw one, n0?

worried about the others instead of the others being worried about him

dlane>  z blurton

Ted, I really think he spent too much time before the race looking at the odds! He was hot fav, over the line for most, yet he got into more strife than a chicken in a pit full of pythons. Why unbalance and use up the horse 400-500metres  out? Crazy. He thought he was over the line but didn't do the job. He's had a easy length on the 3rd horse but left himself a sitting duck - not to mention the bruises he must have suffered from all the buffeting. Can't fathom trainers who change winning jockeys during a campaign.