RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

What, no comment on CH CH debackle.

I can only assume everybody is happy about the state of affairs at CH CH the last two days, Thursday and Friday. The first question i have is, why was the races called off on Friday. It was not weather related.  There was 5 mls of rain in the morning with a fine afternoon. I see the Stipes pulled the plug at 7.30 am with an improving forecast, and predicted to be fine by lunchtime. The Harness meeting were breaking trackrecords at 5pm. It was sunny, and the Greyhound track looked perfect. I hope the Club are going to forefull their obligations, and payout as per their obligations, half the stake money, as it was not weather related. Thursdays meeting should of been abandoned much earlier. Its obvious the track at CH CH is not an all weather track. Its a shame it took the life of one dog to determine the track was unsafe, even blind Freddy could see that.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

I can only assume everybody is happy about the state of affairs at CH CH the last two days, Thursday and Friday. The first question i have is, why was the races called off on Friday. It was not weather related.  There was 5 mls of rain in the morning with a fine afternoon. I see the Stipes pulled the plug at 7.30 am with an improving forecast, and predicted to be fine by lunchtime. The Harness meeting were breaking trackrecords at 5pm. It was sunny, and the Greyhound track looked perfect. I hope the Club are going to forefull their obligations, and payout as per their obligations, half the stake money, as it was not weather related. Thursdays meeting should of been abandoned much earlier. Its obvious the track at CH CH is not an all weather track. Its a shame it took the life of one dog to determine the track was unsafe, even blind Freddy could see that.

this is not just a southern issue, its an issue everywhere. It appears to me that most of our track curators are incompetent, these tracks are supposed to be all weather but most cant seem to handle even a little rain. How come you never see these same issues we have in Australia where there weather surges are enormous in comparison with our own.

Seems track has gone downhill since Ann left. Very scary when so close to cup week and top dogs going around. Maybe they need to send Hore or Henley down to offer some much needed advise.

And appears stipes don't give a rats ass about welfare as trainer wanted to pull team out Thursday night to be threatened with 28 day stand down and a fine :angry:

Maybe it's time we started standing up for the welfare of our dogs and pull them out when we feel the tracks aren't right. It's time trainers stuck together for once. We know what is best for our dogs, not the stipes. Yes I got fined and was given 28 days but I would do it again in a heartbeat because I would rather have my dogs to race again in 28 days than have broken down dogs or none at all. Welfare should come before the rules not the other way around.

And where was the NZGRA on Friday?. No notification on their website regarding the abandonment, or information why. And i agree with Sue, trainers should just pull their dogs out when the track is dodgy. I certainly would, and have done it before. The problem is, money rules some peoples thinking, and there was a $7500 feature on the latter part of the card which compromised and clouded the judgement. Trainers need to be prepared to pull their dogs out regardless of the judicial consequences when tracks become soup in the name of welfare. Stipes cannot be relied on, as they have no idea on what constitutes a dodgy dangerous track, and their masters have different priorities like keeping the meeting going at all costs.

Still cannot understand why Friday was abandoned at 7.30 am with an improving forecast and fine afternoon. I would of thought remedial work could of been carried out in the morning with a decision made on whether racing went ahead 30 minutes before first race. I'm sure the track would of looked a lot better nearer to midday.

17 minutes ago, I know said:

Aquaman aka John you raced a dog at Chch yesterday in your eyes the track was safe ? 

It was about 100% safer than last Thursday, which incidentally i would of had no hesitation in pulling my dog out of regardless of rules. Did you race on that faeces filled pig slop last Thursday I know, where CHCH is the only Club in NZ not to pick up the shit off the track, but prefer to mulch it back into the lime and sand. 

In answer to your question, yes the track was safe enough for my dog yesterday, but nowhere as safe as it could be.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

It was about 100% safer than last Thursday, which incidentally i would of had no hesitation in pulling my dog out of regardless of rules. Did you race on that faeces filled pig slop last Thursday I know, where CHCH is the only Club in NZ not to pick up the shit off the track, but prefer to mulch it back into the lime and sand. 

In answer to your question, yes the track was safe enough for my dog yesterday, but nowhere as safe as it could be.

Where you there Thursday night ? I was not so I can't comment . I didn't ask if the track was safe enough I asked if In your eyes the track was safe . 

29 minutes ago, freightman said:

Scotty picks up all shit as he grooms the track, he does not groom over it, easy to see if you watch him. Steve. 

Are you telling me, he stops the tractor each time he comes across a jobie, gets out and picks up the offending matter. Thats the crap the parade steward ignors as we wander to the 520 boxes. I do not believe you.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Are you telling me, he stops the tractor each time he comes across a jobie, gets out and picks up the offending matter. Thats the crap the parade steward ignors as we wander to the 520 boxes. I do not believe you.

Watch him, that's what he does. 

Had a look on Friday, in fact my dog dropped a jobie on the way to the start of race 11 520. The parade steward walked straight passed it, and it remained there till after the race was won, where upon the track curator got in the golf cart and came from the other side of the track and removed it. Unbelievable, what an inefficient and time consuming waste of resources. Having said that, i'm pleased to see that most of the shyte is being picked up.

The track looks awful tonight, you would think cup night they would have it spot on, the times so far have been very ordinary for a big night too.

Who is the track curator now and have they had any experience in the job before?

1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

The track looks awful tonight, you would think cup night they would have it spot on, the times so far have been very ordinary for a big night too.

Who is the track curator now and have they had any experience in the job before?

A slower track is safer for dogs than a fast track