RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pushbutton_auto

Caulfield Cup thoughts ...

31 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Well the Hartnell and Scottish rides will be up for grabs with James McDonald sitting in the stands.  Hartnell is a doubtful starter though. 

Pretty sure Kerrin McEvoy booked for Scottish, big ride for his ex employers!

2 hours ago, Trump said:

I'm in Melbourne and it's bloody freezing! I'll put out a few feelers re Articus and see what I can find out. That Almandin looked good on Sunday but has had some issues. 

He's running some very impressive sectionals that Almandin, looks to have improved lengths on anything he's ever done previously.

5 hours ago, Trump said:

I'm in Melbourne and it's bloody freezing! I'll put out a few feelers re Articus and see what I can find out. That Almandin looked good on Sunday but has had some issues. 

Looks good....and always wary of anything Williams lines up anywhere.

IMG_1810.JPG

Preferment for me!, liked the way Bowman was very guarded in his comments after the Sydney run 3 weeks ago, in the Turnbull last week he finished nicely along the rail for 4th. Was skittled in the MC last year , l think the CC may actually be his target this year, he is a better horse at Flemington but well proven at 2400. When the TAB put up futures for top4 finish on the CC he was $6.50 a day later $5.50 and after the Turnbull he is now $4.60 for a top4 finish. There is some confidence somewhere.

39 minutes ago, Pushbutton_auto said:

When is the change over from future to fixed ?

I am pretty sure it's when the field is decided and runners have their barrier positions, so about 2pm Wednesday for the CC.....don't forget the NZ TAB usually take a day or so to get the FF prices up even for big races!!.

Scared Master at 31s  !!!   :o

Gonna have a piece of that.

But SCOTTISH may be the goods, a couple of dollars short at 8s, (looking for foreign horses paying about 10, that never move up or down) but I am betting on the day, I will get 2.80-2.90 a place and that is going to be the main bet, with a few doubles thrown in ... :) 

58 minutes ago, Pushbutton_auto said:

Yeah, a bit annoying with all the fluff going on late Saturday, but I have NOT taped any of the lead races, suppose I will just go over the results while remembering who and what.  -_-

Taping races is 20th century.  There's this thing called the internet now which can give you what you're looking for.

There is also this thing called a spreadsheet which might help reduce some of your Saturday fluff.