RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Wayne Guppy

I note Wayne Guppy ( who is head of the Member's Council ) is one of four key players who've provided affidavits or letters of support for this Wellington rugby player who beat up two young men and two women, and has incredibly been discharged without conviction.

For what it's worth the scumbag in question is one Losi Filipo.

You'd have to question Guppy's judgement. There are numerous accusations swirling about the Member's Council and the manner in which they're making appointments, but this is a new low for Wayne Guppy isn't it ? How could any reasonable person with good morals and values support a skunk like Filipo ?

Guppy can hardly be judged fit to be involved in any public capacity if he's going to align himself with those who commit vicious assaults on harmless and defenceles young men and women. He should resign from all his positions if this is a reflection of his warped values.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11717472

I hope this becomes general knowledge with the local elections coming up. I for one was about to re-vote Wayne Guppy as our mayor again, I'll now take a look at other candidates and consider them instead. 

Wayne Guppy didn't sentence the man. Sentencing was done by a Judge and the Solicitor General is now going to look at the "No conviction" ruling.

Guppy would likely have known Filipo and told the Court he'd found him to be a reasonable bloke, which is probably the truth, if he'd never seen him drunk. The affadavit is to provide the Court with an impression of the youth when he's not offending. It is common practice. Guppy may well have not even known the full extent of the offending. 

The Judge heard all about the offending from the victims and then decided on yet another weak sentence.

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 8:23 AM, Hacko said:

I hope this becomes general knowledge with the local elections coming up. I for one was about to re-vote Wayne Guppy as our mayor again, I'll now take a look at other candidates and consider them instead. 

There's only one other and he is facing bankruptcy proceedings from the regional council.

Another thing to consider in this case. Filipo was still attending St Pats Silverstream at the time of this crime. He was also accompanied by his brother, who was convicted.

I'd ask who is most culpable in this case, Filipo himself, Filipo's family, St Pats Silverstream, or the Wellington Rugby Union?