RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Rangiora Track Slushy All a Day???

The TAB showed that the track condition of the Rangiora harness track as being slushy for the whole day.

The track was a bit damp in top for the first race by the look of it but didn't appear to be "slushy" at all!

Didnt watch many of the races but the ones I did see, seemed to be run on a good track and certainly not "Slushy!

Wonder why it was not altered during the day, and whose responsibility was it to advise the TAB?

38 minutes ago, Wobbler said:

I can assure that the track was SLUSHY all.I had horses racing and it never improved all day.

Fair enough if you think it was?

Didnt appear to have any water on it or splashing up whatsoever.

Yes damp and slower than normal perhaps, not slushy going by the TV pictures, but I wasn't there.

Not much rain during the day to keep it slushy!

The track was slushy all day I had a horse in the 8th he went ok the driver said he did not handle the track. Rangiora allweather track is a shocker if there is any moisture about, also it was a bleak day which didn't help with any drying. 

3 hours ago, Fiery Falcon said:

Hey El Thicko a owner who was there tells you the track was Slushy all day  my suggestion is that next time you get of your arse an go to the track an inspect it?Another dumb comment

Great to have you back Fiery.

I wasn't able to go out kind sir, as I had only just got back from overseas, but thanks for your input.

I appreciate that there had been rain, and damp but wouldn't have personally called it SLUSHY!!!!

Have a look at the replay of the races and the horses are certainly not covered in mud or splattered at all so don't consider the track to be SLUSHY!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I wasn't able to go out kind sir, as I had only just got back from overseas, but thanks for your input.

I appreciate that there had been rain, and damp but wouldn't have personally called it SLUSHY!!!!

Have a look at the replay of the races and the horses are certainly not covered in mud or splattered at all so don't consider the track to be SLUSHY!

Look at the stipes report and see how many drivers said "the slushy conditions didn't suit the horse" - guess according to you they were lieing too

30 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Look at the stipes report and see how many drivers said "the slushy conditions didn't suit the horse" - guess according to you they were lieing too

Spike, have you looked at the replays of the races?????

Come back on when you have and tell me that the horses were covered in mud?

Was slushy early on and damp later on but my Flippen point was that the track does not look slushy at all later on, and the fact that there is no water coming up or horses covered in mud would tend to support my thoughts.

The drivers would use the word slushy as a matter of course as that is what they are used to saying.

Dont care if no one agrees with me, my perogative to state an opinion that the track conditions were slow rather than slushy which implies that it is raining and getting wetter, which was not the case whatsoever, was it?

13 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Yes but was anyone restricted from getting a bet on (just wanted to pre-empt what was surely coming next from the thread initiator):lol:

Not sure that I have mentioned it for over a week, but thanks for bringing it up, appreciated!

4 hours ago, Brodie said:

Come back on when you have and tell me that the horses were covered in mud?

Was slushy early on and damp later on but my Flippen point was that the track does not look slushy at all later on, and the fact that there is no water coming up or horses covered in mud would tend to support my thoughts.

The drivers would use the word slushy as a matter of course as that is what they are used to saying.

Dont care if no one agrees with me, my perogative to state an opinion that the track conditions were slow rather than slushy which implies that it is raining and getting wetter, which was not the case whatsoever, was it?

It's not like a driver or someone who was actually at the track would have a better idea of track conditions than someone who by there own admission didn't watch many of the races.

having to describe a track condition in one word only, is limiting (and archaic.)

Puggy and sloshy aren't in allowable track descriptions however it's apt for how Sunday's viewing of Rangiora looked on Trackside.....

9 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

having to describe a track condition in one word only, is limiting (and archaic.)

Puggy and sloshy aren't in allowable track descriptions however it's apt for how Sunday's viewing of Rangiora looked on Trackside.....

Correct, my point exactly!

Brodie you surprise me for a person as knowledgeable about all aspects of horse,racing well that's what you keep telling everybody, punter of the century etc. Did you not look at times the horses were running and think my goodness there must be something wrong with the track, I suggest you go to spec savers , it might help with reading the Stipes report and reading of race times. I think you knew the track was slushy, just your way of having another little dig at the TAB and officialdom 

24 minutes ago, badger said:

Brodie you surprise me for a person as knowledgeable about all aspects of horse,racing well that's what you keep telling everybody, punter of the century etc. Did you not look at times the horses were running and think my goodness there must be something wrong with the track, I suggest you go to spec savers , it might help with reading the Stipes report and reading of race times. I think you knew the track was slushy, just your way of having another little dig at the TAB and officialdom 

Badger, don't know why you are surprised at all? 

Brodster speaks his mind and always will.

Of course the track was slow going by the times, but it was not slushy all day as there was no rain to make it slushy as it was overcast.

Slushy to most people would mean that there was water coming up and that the horses were covered in mud from the track.

Can you see the horses covered in mud or water coming up?

No you can't so the track should have been rated as slow, holding or something along those lines but in my mind they just left it at slushy for convenience!

Wouldnt go to spec savers as I have no need to!

As for having a go at officialdom, you are incorrect I am stating an observation that you can either agree with or not, your choice.

As for "PUnter of the Century" hardly, when restrictions take this opportunity away!

I thought they may of upgraded it to DEAD/EASY at least after a few races.As i didn't think that it looked Slushy....but i wasn't too worried about the conditions,didn't affect how i punted...one things for sure.,..it certainly wasn't FAST.

23 hours ago, Brodie said:

Attached photo of horse covered in mud after winning Race 7 at Rangiora in the slush

Looks pretty wet out on track going by photoHappy _Heidi_mud_covered.jpg!

42 minutes ago, GoHarness said:

Attached photo of horse covered in mud after winning Race 7 at Rangiora in the slush

Looks pretty wet out on track going by photoHappy _Heidi_mud_covered.jpg!

you are kidding aren't you?

That is bugger all mud on any horse!

Have a look at the replays and then tell me that you think the track should be called slushy!,,,