RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Lionking

Slipping the collar

8 hours ago, Lionking said:

There seems to be a number of dogs doing this lately,and no action by stipes.

C'on whats happening get your stuff together

\

True. It's a real pain, not to mention VERY unsafe for not only the dog concerned, but anybody else who happens to be in the way when the dog decides to make a "run for it". I have heard of a dog that broke its neck running into a fence at Palmy track when he slipped his collar.

$50 fine isnt it? Seems like we are back to rules for some and rules for others. Another person from the same Kennel apparently had a go at the lure driver on friday night because one of their family members dogs beat his dog which was favourite. Why was this not mentioned in the stipes report yet the track curiators incident was (whom I might add does not actually have to follow the rules of the NZGRA as he would not be a licensed person). 

On 9/17/2016 at 3:49 PM, lottabull said:

True. It's a real pain, not to mention VERY unsafe for not only the dog concerned, but anybody else who happens to be in the way when the dog decides to make a "run for it". I have heard of a dog that broke its neck running into a fence at Palmy track when he slipped his collar.

Yeah, well i'm not sure if you have experienced yourself walking down that hill at Manawatu by experience its not the safest even for handlers.. i was there the day that dog broke its neck at the gate before the races and going downhill they will always pick up speed and will find it very difficult to stop obviously. Their have been a number of dogs that have slipped the collars for some unknown reason hit the gate cleared to run and have gone onto win.