RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

Southland Seagull on track.

Doe's anybody know how the seagull that was defending her nest, i'm assuming she was defending, got on. In the 1st race when the field went over her. In the 3rd race she was hit by the runners but appeared to be ok. I hope she was looked after. Could someone down there let us know?.

19 hours ago, shelley said:

was still there hovering in not far from winning post

The gull that i'm referring to lives at the end of the back straight, or put another way, the first bend. Nowhere near the winning post. It has its nest there, and the entire field in race 3 went over the top of the bird. It was there in the 1st race, and dogs had to take evasive action. Surely someone down cares a little about the bird life.

On 20 September 2016 at 6:31 AM, aquaman said:

The gull that i'm referring to lives at the end of the back straight, or put another way, the first bend. Nowhere near the winning post. It has its nest there, and the entire field in race 3 went over the top of the bird. It was there in the 1st race, and dogs had to take evasive action. Surely someone down cares a little about the bird life.

Lol my god what's the world coming too? Do you no how many seagulls there are in that vincinity? Lol throw some bread around that area and you'll see lol I'm sure it's fine and still being a pest lol I'm shore if you give enough bread to it and it's friends it will shit on you as thanks cheers WB

10 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

Lol my god what's the world coming too? Do you no how many seagulls there are in that vincinity? Lol throw some bread around that area and you'll see lol I'm sure it's fine and still being a pest lol I'm shore if you give enough bread to it and it's friends it will shit on you as thanks cheers WB

Just because you Eagle stuff yourself with white bread, doe's not mean seagulls and other birdlife share your tastes. The fact is, bread is a killer for birds, very unhealthy. Birds enjoy healthy foods such as fruit and seeds. Anyway this is a special gull, its a mother.

John,   We have a lake in Tokoroa that abounds with birdlife of all kinds. Thousands of people have been feeding them bread daily for the 38 years I have been here and they flourish, mind you I have not checked what brand they are feeding.

When I finish my porridge each morning I put some bread with the porridge left in the bottom of the pot and throw it out for the sparrows, thrushes, blackbirds, waxeyes, chaffinches, yellowhammers and greenfinches that all line up waiting for it, havn't seen any seagulls though. I read a few weeks ago that porridge is also bad for birds because it sticks to their beaks. I have been breeding birds for most of my life and if you watch them after they have been fed soft food they always take time to wipe any remaining stuff off their beaks by swishing it on a perch like you do with a steel when  putting an edge on a knife.

By the way Warren didn't say he ate white bread.

12 hours ago, aquaman said:

I no he didn't, but my imagination has him eating white bread, am i right Eagle. And birds in the wild do not bake bread, they do best on natural foods. It has been found feeding bread is detrimental, especially to ducks. Fruit is far better.

:)sorry John I like Burgen Soy linseed myself, if there is any left from the kids toast etc in the mornings we put it out here in our yard, the birds are singing praise and thanks cheers WB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

I had to bring up the replay of this so called seagull to see what all the fuss was about.

Clearly, its not a common seagull, its one of those dirty Masked Lapwing's aka a rotten Australian plover!

Shoot the bastards, they are horrible squawking animals. If I find any around the farm with eggs or chicks they immediately get the square mouth shovel treatment 

6 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

I had to bring up the replay of this so called seagull to see what all the fuss was about.

Clearly, its not a common seagull, its one of those dirty Masked Lapwing's aka a rotten Australian plover!

Shoot the bastards, they are horrible squawking animals. If I find any around the farm with eggs or chicks they immediately get the square mouth shovel treatment 

:Dfor once we have a real straight to the point answer lol no beating around the bush cheers WB

14 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Holy Moly Big Stuff what are you trying to do this post is so politically incorrect, you are a braver man than I Gunga Din.

Do you know that Spur wing plovers are native to NZ and are protected.

1 hour ago, GOM said:

Holy Moly Big Stuff what are you trying to do this post is so politically incorrect, you are a braver man than I Gunga Din.

Do you know that Spur wing plovers are native to NZ and are protected.

:Dthat's Mr Bigstuff lol

20 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

:)sorry John I like Burgen Soy linseed myself, if there is any left from the kids toast etc in the mornings we put it out here in our yard, the birds are singing praise and thanks cheers WB

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

lot of birds

On 9/23/2016 at 9:08 PM, Eagle Eye said:

Probably lots of people in the vicinity too EE ... and I don't doubt they'd shit on you if they felt the need and had the chance, run over them when they are in your way do you?  Probably not... because you'd get in more trouble... and folk may wonder why greyhound racing has such a bad name.

You want people to think that greyhound racers are animal lovers?  lord knows the industry needs it.. well going by this thread ... I don't like your chances.

16 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Twat.

18 hours ago, MrBigStuff said:

Nasty specimen you are.