RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Pushbutton_auto

Champion of Spring results - Discussion Thread

Guest 2Admin2
14 minutes ago, Midget said:

The Duff would've followed mine surely !!

I posted long before that little fat bastard went to air, but you knew that.

Geez you are having a 3:20 shocker!  You posted at 2:20pm yesterday.  Plum Duff made his pick on air Sunday morning!!!

1 hour ago, 2Admin2 said:

Geez you are having a 3:20 shocker!  You posted at 2:20pm yesterday.  Plum Duff made his pick on air Sunday morning!!!

Says Monday at 2.20 on my computer, and trust me I was in no shape to post anything yesterday arvo as I was on my fourth bottle of bubbly, two of which were magnums, with some excellent company to distract me.

Don't you let the facts ruin your rather odd fixation with this though.

As for Duff on a Sunday,  didn't have a clue he was ever on a Sunday show but then again I do have a busy life and it doesn't involve much Trackside.

IMG_6804.PNG

Here's what I posted about him on October 5th

But I'm sure I only knew this because someone else told me because everyone knows I can't think for myself !!!

IMG_6805.PNG

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, Midget said:

Says Monday at 2.20 on my computer, and trust me I was in no shape to post anything yesterday arvo as I was on my fourth bottle of bubbly, two of which were magnums, with some excellent company to distract me.

Don't you let the facts ruin your rather odd fixation with this though.

As for Duff on a Sunday,  didn't have a clue he was ever on a Sunday show but then again I do have a busy life and it doesn't involve much Trackside.

IMG_6804.PNG

As you were yes it was Monday.  As for not having anything better to do than watch trackside on a Sunday - well the only reason I happened to see the programme was I was lying on the couch with the flu channel surfing and as a last resort flicked to Trackside.  I must say the presentation was very very good.  A good couple of minutes and more spent on each horse.  An English Correspondent filling in some information on the European runners, interviews with owners, trainers and jockey's.  The information was great - the accurate and knowledgeable analysis superb.  If I recall correctly nearly all the panelists had Heartbreak City and Almandin as their first or second pick.

Yes he wasn't hard to find if you do sectionals.

His were identical nearly ( 800 to post ) to Hartnell's at Caulfield, when Hartnell cleaned up Jameka in that WFA race, plus he won there on the bridle, and he had 52 in the Cup, and they'd booked McEvoy a long time ago, then Nick Williams was quoted as saying "they'd beaten the handicapper" with him, and he's by a great staying sire, and he was unbeaten in all races beyond 2100m.

Can't quite work out how you missed him and how he paid double figures.

4 hours ago, hesi said:

1502  Steve Paul

1430  von cettes

1418  mainland

3/1 equal favs with jokers still to play, Von Cettes with a slight edge, out of form the last 2 rounds, but form is temporary, class is permanent

1504  peter j  *

5/1 with his knowledge of the Aus scene

1450  chesty  * 

6/1 anything could happen and probably will

1397  midget*

7/1 Extensive knowledge of the NZ scene, but maybe not too many NZ races in the mix and a self confessed chink in the armour with the cart pullers

1356  catalano  * 

8/1 In form lately and from West Auckland, is that a plus or minus

10/1 any other competitor

You will go broke as bookie and no way eligible for TAB payroll.

Mooseman I think went from almost last to close up in one hit without even a joker. With so many others all no doubt going for outsiders the 10:1 for any other  is extremely generous.

Duff knows his stuff and always puts his balls on the line. He is on a hiding to nothing. Making a living out of tipping to the public must be the worst job going. I know when someone tips me a loser I have some bottled up frustration. Imagine the general public up you. A few years back he was the tipster doing the punting for the TAB punters club. He was literally making things favourite. Good old Duff. Gets it right more than most 

There is a bloke called Peter Gately also who works for Racing.Com.He is also the editor of the Best Bets. If I went to the races with Duff and Gator I would come away with more knowledge than I've gathered so far in my punting pursuits. I would have to record it because it would be going straight over my head for the most part. Be worth the effort 

Yes they have a segment on Get On called Back Sack and Crack

Back is value bet.  Sack never back again. Crack is bet of the day. There is a bit of fun and games on the show but if you wait you will get some top info. You just have to sift it

Id love to see Gators brain and how it works. 

You seem to get most of these shows in NZ by the sound 

I download it off the net and play it through my Apple TV, love it, they're brilliant.

I don't think they're necessarily brilliant judges but they're just entertaining and provocative, something we don't have here in NZ.