RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Super Easy Rocks!

On 25 September 2016 at 7:36 AM, Insider said:

That's why it is so important that the Pearl Series Races for fillies get built upon more and more and to hell with what LJM preaches.

Dross. The most important factor in respect of fillies is to weed out the inferior stock so that we don't breed from them. If you enjoy mediocrity then support the notion that racing bad fillies by supporting the ability to race bad fillies, then keep the status quo in place. The slippery slope continues to get steeper by morons supporting bad racing

6 hours ago, Berri said:

. The most important factor in respect of fillies is to weed out the inferior stock so that we don't breed from them. If you enjoy mediocrity then support the notion that racing bad fillies by supporting the ability to race bad fillies, then keep the status quo in place. The slippery slope continues to get steeper by morons supporting bad racing

Agree with the quality of mares that some people breed from, really what are they expecting apart from getting lucky very very rarely. Can't believe the amount of people that breed poor quality festival mares to produce horses for sales that generally wont make the advertised stallion fee, a very tough/expensive game breeding that way

10 hours ago, Berri said:

Dross. The most important factor in respect of fillies is to weed out the inferior stock so that we don't breed from them. If you enjoy mediocrity then support the notion that racing bad fillies by supporting the ability to race bad fillies, then keep the status quo in place. The slippery slope continues to get steeper by morons supporting bad racing

And rubbish [dross] to you too. Not for one minute do I support racing or breeding from inferior stock. But what I do do, is keep my fillies and race them in NZ and sell my colts generally for good money. [The last one for 200K]

However having a filly in training in NZ and paying 3K+ per month isn't much fun when racing for 7 or 10K in maidens or one win races and 20k on Premier days, unless of course one is in in Black Type races and then they are only 50K. [For God's sake my one win horse is racing for 30k in NSW on Thursday, and it's not in the city and the training fees are not that much more, approx 4K per month!] 

To keep going forward, the only way is to retain quality fillies and race them before breeding from them, but who would want to, given the current state of NZ Racing. But the fact of the matter is that I like racing the fillies in NZ so that I can look after them better, such as turning them out when they need to be etc.

At least the Pearl Series offers something positive for people like me.

Those who take the gamble with the colts and geldings [mainly for sale] are not contributing very much at all, yet they are using all the facilities such as the subsidized training tracks etc and good on them. A mate of mine has just sold his one win gelding for 400k - bloody fabulous I say, but other than his back pocket, not much use to what we are all about, except I am sure that he will reinvest.  

P.S. If you are calling me a moron lets meet up at the RTR either next week or in Auckland and see who is who!

My actual name is Berri. That's the name that my parents gave me. All we are doing by advocating applying premiums to races that aren't part of a structure to establish who the best horses are is promoting mediocrity. Keeping bad fillies in work is promoting mediocrity. People who promote mediocrity are morons. 

18 hours ago, Berri said:

My actual name is Berri. That's the name that my parents gave me. All we are doing by advocating applying premiums to races that aren't part of a structure to establish who the best horses are is promoting mediocrity. Keeping bad fillies in work is promoting mediocrity. People who promote mediocrity are morons. 

Thank you for confirming that your name was Berri. I never though otherwise, so I don't quite understand why you are telling me!

Under no circumstances do I advocate keeping bad fillies in training, but to continue to improve the breed we must try them and that costs a lot of money. Quite simply the premiums help as the stakes in this country don't.

In NZ anyway Gubellini..had one in Aussie too, same day. Didn't see the race but result wasn't that flash. Anyway, Prom Queen looks the goods! Sheer speed.. last 600 in 32.2!!!! I hope my little filly, born last month, shows the same speed when she gets to the track!!  Up, Up and away - it's Super Easy!

45 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

In NZ anyway Gubellini..had one in Aussie too, same day. Didn't see the race but result wasn't that flash. Anyway, Prom Queen looks the goods! Sheer speed.. last 600 in 32.2!!!! I hope my little filly, born last month, shows the same speed when she gets to the track!!  Up, Up and away - it's Super Easy!

Best of luck to you

23 hours ago, gubellini said:

Great debut by the Jim Pender trained Super Easy filly Sheeznoteasy at Counties yesterday. She ran third. Caught three wide all the way and fought on well. First two had race experience and were Australian bred. Last 600m ran in 32.80.

Was a tough effort and definitely some promise but very hard to take those 800m 2yo races at Counties seriously, you would want to be running home in a fast 600m when the race is only 800m!.

Not a knock on her at all (as she's obviously got promise and has run 2nd to Ardrossan at trials) but those races are a joke to be having in April of a 2yo season and with a 8 horse maximum field size!

18 hours ago, gubellini said:

Great debut by 2yo Super Easy colt Easy Beast in Race 2 at Caufield today. Lead into straight and ran a game third.

They left plenty in with that one Gub, was very well backed early on.

Looked well beaten when the swoopers arrived, but did kick back well. Experience will do him good.