RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Super Easy Rocks!

On 9/20/2016 at 4:07 PM, gubellini said:

2f by Super Easy out of Finishing School won at the Avondale Trials today. Only one presented on the day.

Nice win too. Wanted to do things a bit wrong coming around the bend but went to the line nicely in the straight with plenty in the tank. 

On 20 September 2016 at 9:41 PM, biff said:

He's bound to shorten in the first season sires market, his colts are being held back for the ready to runs, just hope to hell they all don't end up in Asia........that'll screw a few pedigree pages.

I think majority will end up over there for sure, Darci Brahma geldings do well in Singapore and Super Easy was a favourite there, can't imagine they will make massive money either so lots will become Singapore residents.

Thats the major headache for a stud master Bruce, trying to build a cv for a new stallion only to see most of the stunning colts go to Asia, nothing destroys a pedigree page quicker than an active Asian based buyer. There are exceptions though, some do leave them to race here or Oz, but if they land up there, kiss the pedigree page goodbye.

2 hours ago, biff said:

Thats the major headache for a stud master Bruce, trying to build a cv for a new stallion only to see most of the stunning colts go to Asia, nothing destroys a pedigree page quicker than an active Asian based buyer. There are exceptions though, some do leave them to race here or Oz, but if they land up there, kiss the pedigree page goodbye.

Absolutely, especially for stallions in the same price bracket as Super Easy, a K2/K3 type stallion.

Also the geldings/colts that stay in NZ that end up showing promise and win trials/races are usually then shipped off to Aussie or Asia.

These stallions very reliant on their fillies to perform domestically

On 9/20/2016 at 9:41 PM, biff said:

He's bound to shorten in the first season sires market, his colts are being held back for the ready to runs, just hope to hell they all don't end up in Asia........that'll screw a few pedigree pages.

So true.....part of the downfall of NZ Breeding and Racing at the moment.

I know people are getting paid, but for what? Sorry if I have offended few, but I really believe it's the driving force of our problems.

1] There is nothing left of quality in NZ hence the down grading of our great races, The Easter, The Wellington Cup and the soon to be Auckland Cup.

2] The lack of depth in our Australian participation. Yes we are performing at the very top level, but wouldn't it be wonderful to have an equal amount performing just under them?

7 hours ago, BruceL said:

Absolutely, especially for stallions in the same price bracket as Super Easy, a K2/K3 type stallion.

Also the geldings/colts that stay in NZ that end up showing promise and win trials/races are usually then shipped off to Aussie or Asia.

These stallions very reliant on their fillies to perform domestically

That's why it is so important that the Pearl Series Races for fillies get built upon more and more and to hell with what LJM preaches.

For any fillies/mares that are currently Pearl Series nominated they become in-eligible once they turn 5, so are no longer eligible although NZ RACING still shows that they are pearl series nominated (but in fact they are expired)

Maybe this needs to be looked at, there is definitely some areas that need to be looked at, maybe more R75 type races also possibly? A great concept but some improvements could be made.

Our neighbours across the pond have so many incentive schemes like BOBS and VOBIS. plus all the extras ++++ etc.........you win a race say at Kyneton or Cranbourne and if you are eligible the prizemoney becomes the same as if you win a city race, it's absolute gold, here, a photo on the wall and a slap on the back.....I heard Des Coppins yesterday, what a shame if he believes his own spiel,.....along the lines of = ''there are many people out there that enjoy just the participation'' prizemoney is not their aim, more making new friends, I nearly left the road, wife coughing hot coffee all over the duco, pleeease Des, you have reached your use by date, that inference is just plain insulting to those of us that are trying to make a living and employ people, SO they can make a living!

6 hours ago, biff said:

Our neighbours across the pond have so many incentive schemes like BOBS and VOBIS. plus all the extras ++++ etc.........you win a race say at Kyneton or Cranbourne and if you are eligible the prizemoney becomes the same as if you win a city race, it's absolute gold, here, a photo on the wall and a slap on the back.....I heard Des Coppins yesterday, what a shame if he believes his own spiel,.....along the lines of = ''there are many people out there that enjoy just the participation'' prizemoney is not their aim, more making new friends, I nearly left the road, wife coughing hot coffee all over the duco, pleeease Des, you have reached your use by date, that inference is just plain insulting to those of us that are trying to make a living and employ people, SO they can make a living!

Interesting biff. Probably the smartest man in NZ Racing said to me a few years ago

"No one gets into racing expecting to make money, but they all get our because it costs too much..."

Very true I think.

Agree, to a point, no one should expect to make money from prizemoney, but breeding is a different angle, entirely. Ownership should not be just a social exercise though and like a broken record, incentivise anyone and you will see increased performance fitzy, ask any business owner.

11 hours ago, biff said:

It's sad but Des has certainly reached his use by date. Totally out of touch with reality. His goal for the last 5 or 6 years was to get the Wellington Cup back to 3200m. Guess what happened? An immediate downgrade. It may have happen if it had stayed at 2400m but there was much more in its favour of not being sent to oblivion in the world of Group Races.

Furthermore anyone who isn't paying training fees isn't worth listening to anyway, as they have no idea of the reality of  the real situation, and Des fits that category perfectly. End of the story!