RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Paddymc

Leading First Season Sire

1 Burgundy 11.00  
2 He's Remarkable 13.00  
3 Highly Recommended 11.00  
4 Niagara 13.00  
5 Ocean Park 3.20  
6 Power 3.40  
7 Reliable Man 7.00  
8 Rock 'n' Pop 7.00  
9 Super Easy 6.00

Right, first two year old race of the season tomorrow - this is the TAB's view of first season sire. Predictions please! - I will go with Power - he had a pretty good first season in the UK.

Be aware of the size of the crops which also may be a factor.

In terms of living foals Power 52, Ocean Park 103 ( a decent number have went to Aussie though), Super Easy 72, Relaible Man 86, Rock 'n' Pop 72

I would imagine it would be between Ocean Park and Power, to win 1st season sire in terms of individual winners in NZ not that many winners are required so it will be interesting

25 minutes ago, Huey said:

I'm going on nothing more than what I have seen at the sales , but I like the look of the Super Easy stock as 2yo types , they have that get up and go look about them. So if their temperament is right could be interesting.

Cubity hopes your right 'cause here at Cube Central the Cubemeister is moderately excited about lot 1248 being Cubes' first ever purchase bidding in the auction ring at Karaka.

Cubes can't even imagine the pressure to be bidding on those big Premier days .....it was hot and stressful even on 'ol Festival Day in January.

She has had a jumpout and will trial soon and may shoot for Oct 1st for first 2yo race of the season at Riccarton .

Temperament...well let's just say it is a work in progress

Anywhooo...

Think a lazy ten buckaroo's at $6.50 on Super Easy could be the Father's Day bet.......

6 minutes ago, Cubes said:

Cubity hopes your right 'cause here at Cube Central the Cubemeister is moderately excited about lot 1248 being Cubes' first ever purchase bidding in the auction ring at Karaka.

Cubes can't even imagine the pressure to be bidding on those big Premier days .....it was hot and stressful even on 'ol Festival Day in January.

She has had a jumpout and will trial soon and may shoot for Oct 1st for first 2yo race of the season at Riccarton .

Temperament...well let's just say it is a work in progress

Anywhooo...

Think a lazy ten buckaroo's at $6.50 on Super Easy could be the Father's Day bet.......

Good luck with that, lovely family as well.

On ‎3‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 7:09 PM, rdytdy said:

Bookies panic after one 2yo race for the season and slash Power from $3.20 into $2.50. :rolleyes: Brave buggers!! 

Haha, I do agree with being not very brave!

Although In this market the winner only generally needs 2 or 3 winners (so he's gone a long way towards winning this TAB market!), from memory Zacinto won last season with 3 and they came late in the season!

23 minutes ago, ngatimaru said:

Hey Cubes,

That trial wasn't so bad.

Looked like she wanted to Buck.

But did show a heap of toe to pick them up before being eased down.

I bet she has grown up mentally since that..

Good Luck. Cheers RT.

I  reckon you're right on there, maybe a tad girth shy?......she will improve on that I'm sure.

My thoughts also Biff.

Mind you she must have been naughty at some stage

to warrant Blinkers in her 1st trial.

I still like her.

She has Spunk & a turn of foot.

Hope I haven't shortened the odds for Oct 1st Cubes..

We will all be cheering. .Good Luck. RT.

I saw dream ahead win the July cup as a three year old, lovely type with a more difficult prdigree to understand over head. Sensational type on the day of the July cup, absolute standout.

If say dream ahead will go ok, just won't be fashion initially because of his more vailed pedigree. But actually when you strip it back (nearco, etc) it's all worked well down here. 

I do love the horse. 

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 9:17 PM, Dopey said:

If say dream ahead will go ok, just won't be fashion initially because of his more vailed pedigree. But actually when you strip it back (nearco, etc) it's all worked well down here. 

I do love the horse. 

Great type of a horse and was a 4 time Group 1 winning sprinter at 2 and 3, as you have mentioned has a quite an alternative pedigree from a pretty obscure Sire line.

Currently oldest are 4 in Northern Hemisphere and 3 in Southern Hemisphere, He Is currently running at 39% runners to winners from 144 starters and only has 4 stakes winners (2.7% Stakes winners to runners), is going to need to improve these figures to be a success, has served over 90 mares in each of his 4 seasons in Australia so plenty of runners ahead

From memory a heavier horse likely  to throw three yeR olds more than 2yeR olds 

I agree a risk at the moment and hard for breeders to feel he's a must breed to before he gets away on us... 

Be be happy to buy a good type for not too much