RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

im looking at buying 3 or 4 female greyhounds for racing 50/50 with trainer and hopefully end up geting ay good one for breeding at end of racing career in future is this ay good thing to do as hobby and mayb making some coin thoughts anybody 

Lets just say it aint a get rich quick scheme.

If your a car guy u pour lots of dollars into one and very lucky if you break even selling it.

Ive been in greyhounds coming up ten years next year. Many up and downs and thousands of $$$$. 

Burnt a few times and learnt another hard lesson this year but im in it for the long haul and maybe one day I might get a Little Mother or Above All. However im years away from break-even but one day I will live the dream of having a superstar.

I was lucky to find and get a good girl when it came to racing as a pup. She had the brains & speed until we put her on the pill then she started to get hurt & her times slowed down.

When she was doing well other trainers is that getting a girl like her is a once in a life time event & you'll be lucky to get another 1 as good or better then what she was. I have only been an owner for about 2yrs but worked as the starter at 2 of the tracks for over 8yrs. Getting a dog that will pay out every start or every second start is hard to find & would also depend on who you get to train it.

On 8/29/2016 at 7:11 PM, jamie6watson said:

im looking at buying 3 or 4 female greyhounds for racing 50/50 with trainer and hopefully end up geting ay good one for breeding at end of racing career in future is this ay good thing to do as hobby and mayb making some coin thoughts anybody 

I have two litters now 7 months old. I can sell you 2 bitches from 1 litter for $2000 or 2 from the 2nd for $6000, or all 4 for $7000.

Gordon Wilson 0274924075.