RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shelley

BAN NSW

The fall of Deputy Premier Troy Grant 

Warren Mundine, The Daily Telegraph 

August 25, 2016 12:00am 

LAST week Mike Baird hosted a retreat for Premier’s Department staff to reflect on their ­performance. A more useful exercise would’ve been spending a week talking to people in NSW about their views of the government’s performance and its agencies. NSW voters aren’t happy. 

Nationals leader Troy Grant, in particular, should be ashamed. The agencies he’s accountable for have proven impotent and incompetent. 

The McHugh report on greyhound racing is full of spurious claims and statistics, yet Grant has used it to justify destroying the greyhound ­industry and people’s livelihoods. Many of those people live in Grant’s electorate. Many voted National believing they care about country people’s interests, only to watch Grant lead the Nationals into bed with the Greens and animal rights activists. 

If Grant believes the ­report, he should resign. It claims 10 per cent to 20 per cent of trainers engage in live baiting. Based on Greyhound Racing NSW’s 2015 Annual Report, that would be 330 to 660 participants engaged in criminal activities. 

Apparently police have done nothing to catch these crooks. And who’s the Police Minister? Also Troy Grant. 

All this supposedly took place under the nose of Greyhound Racing NSW, the industry oversight body ­appointed by, and accountable to, the government. Step forward again Troy Grant, the Minister for Racing. 

It’s bad enough that agencies under Grant’s watch are accused of failing to protect animals, but they’ve also failed to protect people. 

The inquiry into the Lindt Cafe siege reveals a police force out of its depth, lacking readiness and capability to deal with terrorism. 

Terrorism against Western nations on home soil has been a known threat for more than a decade. It’s astonishing that NSW Police had no competent plan for dealing with it. During the siege a plan to storm the cafe was put to senior officers. ­Tactical operations believed it was sound and executable. It wasn’t ­approved. It took the ­execution of a hostage to prompt police to storm the cafe. 

Equally troubling is NSW Police had its priorities all wrong. Asked why police delayed storming the cafe, it was put to a police commander that the gunman’s welfare wasn’t the primary concern. He replied: “I can’t ignore Man Monis as an individual, he had the same rights as anyone else.” 

Anyone with an ounce of commonsense knows Monis forfeited his rights when he held people at gunpoint. 

When the police’s primary focus should’ve been freeing the hostages, they focused on “community harmony”, conveying tolerance and preventing a backlash. They ­activated a “high-visibility policing operation” to respond to potential bias crimes only six hours into the siege. 

So police had a plan for bias crimes but no plan for the crime taking place in the cafe. They took pre-emptive steps against a non-existent backlash but not against the hostage taker.

I have zero tolerance for hate crimes and believe police should crack down on anyone inciting violence. So it annoys me police and prosecutors often do nothing when people appear to incite violence based on race or ­religion. 

Troy Grant has led the Nationals into bed with the Greens and animal rights activists. 

Take Ismail al-Wahwah of the radical Islamic group Hizb-ut Tahrir. In sermons viewable on the internet he’s incited violence and called for jihad against Jews, saying: “The Jews will not thrive and will not live in safety because they are the slayer of prophets … whoever liberates the human race today from the corruption of the Israelites, of the sinners, of the infidel Israelites. The entire world suffers from the Israelites today and complains about them. 

“Who will set the world free from the Israelites so that the world will be able to say that it has rid itself of that hidden evil?” 

Complaints to the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board about this hate speech have been in vain. The DPP won’t lay charges under the Anti-Discrimination Act (ADA). It’s actually never laid a charge based on an ADA complaint. 

Clearly the ADA is deficient if al-Wahwah’s comments aren’t even worthy of taking action. Just imagine if someone called on people to “set the world free” from members of your religion; or warned your ethnicity or nationality “will not live in safety”. If someone preached that about Aboriginal people I’d watch my back. 

The agencies within Grant’s accountability have failed to protect those under their care. People in NSW ­expect police and regulators to do their job. Grant should spend less time courting the Greens and more time focusing on doing his.

Read more: http://greyhoundsales.proboards.com/thread/30999/fall-deputy-premier-troy-grant#ixzz4IJxxiRuD

On 25 August 2016 at 3:38 PM, aquaman said:

I mean the trotting track. Addington the same.

Addington trotting track wont be developed for a very long time if ever!

They get plenty of income from the commercial buildings that surround it.

Disgraceful, Paul Newson the great saviour who failed and now it is the participants fault only , where was the action from him to  highlight the deficiencies and lies in the report that he so grandly supports . The NZGRA should take that item off it's website as Paul Newson was obviously going to fail with stance he took at a crucial time for the industry in NSW. All this is about is if you had listened to me this would not have happened but his stance was about as useful as Neville Chamberlains to WW2. 

10 minutes ago, GOM said:

Disgraceful, Paul Newson the great saviour who failed and now it is the participants fault only , where was the action from him to  highlight the deficiencies and lies in the report that he so grandly supports . The NZGRA should take that item off it's website as Paul Newson was obviously going to fail with stance he took at a crucial time for the industry in NSW. All this is about is if you had listened to me this would not have happened but his stance was about as useful as Neville Chamberlains to WW2. 

Yep, I hope when push comes to shove in NZ, the association don't do the same over here.

Yes N.S.W is down and maybe back in 3yrs time.

Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania arnt looking at shutting shop.

The bullshit so called social licence annoys me alot as there is no such thing, spin doctor stuff.

In my humble opinion it appears that Paul Newson's appointment to his now defunct position had nothing to do with saving or reforming the industry but to justify the stance of Baird.

What bothers me most about the recent publications is our own Board see fit to publish this particular one on our website. Hopefully we could expect a more balanced, supportive and effective response in our won case but if they feel merit in this article it does not give me confidence.

It was not long ago that I congratulated the board on their foresight and actions and I stand by that but my optimism has been dented.

21 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Nothing new there Hoka even the same old block response from Anzacs army. If you dare to look you will see similar allegations about the horse industry in Aus. Your turn is coming.

I accept that the sport, participants and powers to be in NZ need to be aware of and learn from any mistakes made in NSW and not rest on their laurels or get complacent because the anti-racing brigade, greenies and animal rights activists will stop at nothing to bring about the demise of not just greyhound racing but eventually all racing. They are well funded and well organised and happy to run with publicity that portrays the sport in a bad light irrespective of where it occurred be it anywhere in the world. all participants are tarred with the same brush in their eyes and their campaigns are designed to convince the general public of this.  

It's quite unbelievable though that the falseities and untruths from the NSW report are now being trotted out here.

The wastage figures quoted have already been proven to be incorrect.

The figure of only 6800 dogs currently living in NSW is also rubbish as there is four times that number still alive in the state. The saddest part of that is that many will no doubt be put down now as a result of this decision. Little wonder Baird now can't come up with a compensation package because he (via the Commission figures) has greatly underestimated the true number of dogs still alive. His budget would see a massive blowout.

The disgraceful Baird propaganda machine is in full swing over there and sounds very much like some on this side of the Tasman have either swallowed it whole or conveniently accept it because they don't want to believe anything different.   

GOM hit the nail on the head with his summations and this was a done deal a long long time ago well before the commission was ever finalised. The truth will eventually come out and heads will roll. Listen to the podcasts of the Ray Hadley and Alan Jones morning shows on Radio 2GB each weekday as they are already exposing the departing CEO and  politicians for what they really are as well as giving out the real facts and truths and the terrible cost, trauma and destruction of livelihoods and the community this decoision has now caused.

The Supreme Court challenge later this month will be very interesting.