RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Paddymc

Waikato Stallion Parade

Would be interested in thoughts of anyone who went to the Waikato Stallion Parade this weekend. Which stallions impressed, which didn't etc.

I could only make it to Highview Stud on Sunday afternoon.  Was very impressed by Bullbars, obviously doing quite well with two nominated for the Caulfield Guineas from a first crop of only 40 foals.

Would be great to hear some feedback.

Attended the parade and it was very well organised and run. The stallions were all turned our magnificently and the studs presented fantastically. Probably the stand outs to me were  Dalghar, and Charm's Spirit.  Would be interested in any ones opinion on Complacent, a very big strong horse just not sure about his front, although he was a good racehorse. Il Cavallo impressed and I was more impressed with him in the flesh than his pictures. Swaynesse a lovely quality horse that still needs to let down. Tavistock did not impress as a type but cannot be argued with as a sire, although not a sire of fillies at this stage.

The only stud I didn't get to was High View

Saw the WS horses on Saturday. Pins & Savabeel looked great as you would expect.

Ocean Park looked exceptional and has really let down now. Rock n Pop has also matured and a real Fastnet Rock on type.

Sacred Falls looked very well and very similar to O'Reilly as a younger horse.

Hard to fault Rios also.

I just got along on Saturday morning. Disclaimer: I wanted to see Proisir.

Usual suspects at Waikato. Agree, Ocean Park has let down nicely.

Atlante was probably the surprise packet of the morning. More quality than I thought - his photos don't do him justice. He uses himself well, particularly behind the saddle.

Unfortunately Complacent thought he was back at Randwick to do battle with Criterion and co, so pranced rather than walked. I look forward to seeing him in 12 months time. 

Proisir was everything I expected really. He's got that Danehill strength, especially prevalent through the shoulder and forearm, and speed, but sufficient girth and a nice top line to leave horses with scope. I also thought he had some of the good Centaine features around the head and while I've only ever seen photos of Agricola and his better progeny, some of the fine Te Parae sires athleticism and agility through his hip and hind quarter.

Ocean Park looked in great nick has really let down into a lovely stallion, Sacred Falls is all class, not overly big but such a nice effortless mover and pedigree wise looks a great colonial chance. Savabeel ice cold temperament and looked well and is doing a great job.

the Fastnet Rock stallions (Rock N Pop/Atlante) aren't overly impressive types, quite heavy and not overly good looking but Fastnet Rock is like this so wouldn't rule them out

Contributer looked great and will let down more, classy type, strong and with great scope, Complacent paraded the same way as his sire Authorized does ( on the toe and always moving) still quite racy and will let down more in a season, bred on the same cross as Tavistock and was a very good staying 3yo who had a tendon issue and carried on after a big break to be well performed at 5, has to be cheaper option that has a chance of succeeding.

Thanks for the updates everyone. Mrs. Biff here. I am a huge Complacent fan. Loved him as a Peter Snowden trained 3yo. His female line is pure Woodlands/Inghams. He is sensibly priced to ensure he gets decent numbers in his first year - perfect for the breed to race crew (are there any of us left?). Kudos to Mapperley.  Most people seem to agree next season will see him at his optimum?

Also did anyone see Mongolian Khan? Thoughts about his confirmation ?  

Dalghar - What type of mare is best suited? 

Thanks everyone!