RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eagle Eye

Box draws

12 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

Are we talking about subic Bay

if so it will be box 1 13 times 

it has had box 8 14 times 

and I don't think it matters what box that dog has full stop

Shes just pointing out the fact that subic bay has had bx 1, 2 and 8 almost double the time of any other box draw

No, I'm not pointing out someone's helping. The outcome of box draws is too predictable. More worried about the dogs mindset, when he gets the outside more then the inside. But he's as honest as they come, so we'll see on Sunday. Thanks for your comments regarding this. 

It is hard to imagine why a random computer draw would have a reason for favouring one dog or trainer or disadvatage other dogs or trainers but the regularity of repeat draws seems crazy to most of us. If the computer has no reason to make these decisions some seem to suggest that human interferance is the reason. Once again why would someone do that.

If the draws were done manually and the same results happened people would have more reason than now to be suspicious.

56 minutes ago, GOM said:

It is hard to imagine why a random computer draw would have a reason for favouring one dog or trainer or disadvatage other dogs or trainers but the regularity of repeat draws seems crazy to most of us. If the computer has no reason to make these decisions some seem to suggest that human interferance is the reason. Once again why would someone do that.

If the draws were done manually and the same results happened people would have more reason than now to be suspicious.

The problem with the current algorithm technology used (and I believe Ashoka has brought this up several times in the past) that there is a 10-30 second delay before the fields are finalized, which could mean that there is the possibility that someone could reset the field as much time as he/she wants till they get the desired outcome... So there is a possibility that this could happen. Whether it does or not is beyond me. The other issue with algorithm technology is that no matter how random it is, patterns can be detected over time. Which again if someone were smart enough, they could rig the box draws

7 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

The problem with the current algorithm technology used (and I believe Ashoka has brought this up several times in the past) that there is a 10-30 second delay before the fields are finalized, which could mean that there is the possibility that someone could reset the field as much time as he/she wants till they get the desired outcome... So there is a possibility that this could happen. Whether it does or not is beyond me. The other issue with algorithm technology is that no matter how random it is, patterns can be detected over time. Which again if someone were smart enough, they could rig the box draws

biggest load of crap ive ever heard

It would be interesting to know more about how this box draw procedure is carried out. By this I mean what is the order in how things are done and at what stage does someone other than the field selector get involved? Could it be worked that by writing each runner in a certain order before presenting the runners for the box draw could play a part ie: if someone has to manually write down each runner then present that field for box selection then maybe someone could work out that the first or perhaps last dog they write down seems to have a better chance of getting box 1 or 8? In subic bays case it does seem ironic that the trainers last name is the first in alphabetical order of all trainers?

2 hours ago, Slim Shady said:

It would be interesting to know more about how this box draw procedure is carried out. By this I mean what is the order in how things are done and at what stage does someone other than the field selector get involved? Could it be worked that by writing each runner in a certain order before presenting the runners for the box draw could play a part ie: if someone has to manually write down each runner then present that field for box selection then maybe someone could work out that the first or perhaps last dog they write down seems to have a better chance of getting box 1 or 8? In subic bays case it does seem ironic that the trainers last name is the first in alphabetical order of all trainers?

slim really are you wassa just ring nzgra and ask

21 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

you are aloud to go and watch them do the draw

if you don't want to go watch send someone you trust to watch it

Its all very well going to watch the draw being done but im asking the procedures prior to this....is there intervention from a third party PRIOR to the draw? 

1 hour ago, Joe blogs said:

well if you go and watch you will see won't you

From noms being recieved by the nzgra and fields being selected READY for the box draw is there another party BEFORE the box selection is done? (Ie: Does this list go to the clubs first?) Its a simple question im asking and you joe cant answer it obviously so please only reply if you know the answer...

22 hours ago, Joe blogs said:

the club do the selection then send it to nzgra then the fields are drawn you answered your own question really

Interesting....thank you for the answer which Im picking is well informed and correct. Not sure why I commented on this thread because frankly ive never really had an isuue with my box draws in the past. Funnily enough if you compared the box draw to say lotto and the powerball ended up being number 2 for 4 weeks in a row people would cry foul play even though the draw is done on live tv!

46 minutes ago, Slim Shady said:

Interesting....thank you for the answer which Im picking is well informed and correct. Not sure why I commented on this thread because frankly ive never really had an isuue with my box draws in the past. Funnily enough if you compared the box draw to say lotto and the powerball ended up being number 2 for 4 weeks in a row people would cry foul play even though the draw is done on live tv!

correct slim there only one whinger who was never going to race dogs in nz 12 months ago

I don't know the answer to the problem but am in the camp the system is suspicous. I remeMber a year or two ago I was in a race at Waikato on the Thursday and Auckland on the Sunday, hardly surprisingly most of Thursdays field were chosen on the Sunday except for one new dog. What was surprising however was that 5 of the dogs on the Sunday had the same draw as the Thursday. I thought now what are the odds of that happening, it would be humungous. I kept a watch for a while just on those two meetings and it was in fact not uncommon for repeat draws.

May be it is a time for a change just for the sake of it. We change our auditors for the organisation for the same reason, just so it can be seen there is no bias. What about examing say the Melbourne system and if it is working as it should adopt that here. It would give the participants confidence that all is OK

On 30 September 2016 at 4:38 PM, gary1 said:

correct slim there only one whinger who was never going to race dogs in nz 12 months ago

I can't help but answer and don't give a shit if I'm band you are scum and nothing short of a dirt bag who hasn't a dog so do us a favour and keep you crap comments to yourself I do believe there is a cast of suspicion on these draws especiallyfor cawbourne cooks it is to obvious only because he is mine and that's what I truely believe he gets outside draws 92% cheers WB

21 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

I can't help but answer and don't give a shit if I'm band you are scum and nothing short of a dirt bag who hasn't a dog so do us a favour and keep you crap comments to yourself I do believe there is a cast of suspicion on these draws especiallyfor cawbourne cooks it is to obvious only because he is mine and that's what I truely believe he gets outside draws 92% cheers WB

now wass i  have probably owned better dogs 

than you i can remember we had a dog that drew box 2  6 times in a row whuy

dont you ring nzgra and tell them that you belive there crooks sorry cooks

21 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

seems amazing he has won 6 from 11 from box 5 he must love it