RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

Good to see

A good range of people nominated for the LP rep on the board. It will be an interesting contest. I feel Graeme Calverley has done a good job overall remembering that  the period he has been there has been one of the most turbulent in the industries history and much of it beyond his influence. For all that he faces the hurdle of being a long term incumbent where people just feel we need a change for no good reason at all. Either him or Greg Hore for me as Greg has a range of experience second to none.

15 minutes ago, come on ref said:

His Mrs does the dogs his whole family doesn't have dogs or is involved in the sport.he is more unbiased in my view. That's,who I'd look at

Have you not seen all of the dogs owned and trained by Peter Ferguson and Greg Hore? You want a LP rep who is involved in the sport to the degree Greg Hore is and the experiance he has... hopefully someone might actually look after the LP for a change instead of just writing a monthly report in a book

Remember the LP is just one voice and one vote. I approached Graeme several times over the years and although he was often unable to make a difference with my suggestions he got back to me every time with his actions and progress. Don't think for one moment that a new LP is going to wade in and everyone is going to get what they want.

The involvement thing is a double edged sword, you don't want someone without knowing what is like to have been there and done that and I guess there is a risk that someone with a huge interest in one aspect of the sport is always going to be open to criticism that they are pushing their own barrow. Greg seems to be well placed there.

McInerney and Roberts would be a big mistake, they would only be looking out for themselves.

Greg Hore seems pretty professional and would probably be my choice, although Matt Gardener might bring a bit of youthful enthusiasm to the job and seems a nice enough guy.

I will have to wait and reserve my decision I think.

Mcinerney would be my choices he's been there before and done a great job . Big ups to Matt for putting his name in the ring , i wish him all the best he knows his greyhounds and was all ways looking at this for his future . Greg has a lot of skills with knowledge from oz he would do a good job . Don't know enough about John  gomans . As for the rest not for me . 

14 hours ago, GOM said:

Remember the LP is just one voice and one vote. I approached Graeme several times over the years and although he was often unable to make a difference with my suggestions he got back to me every time with his actions and progress. Don't think for one moment that a new LP is going to wade in and everyone is going to get what they want.

The involvement thing is a double edged sword, you don't want someone without knowing what is like to have been there and done that and I guess there is a risk that someone with a huge interest in one aspect of the sport is always going to be open to criticism that they are pushing their own barrow. Greg seems to be well placed there.

Although I understand where you are coming from, but Mcinerney managed to make many changes for the benifets of the trainers and he was only in there for 3yrs. With all due respect, we need somebody with a back bone who will get benefits for the LP's instead what has been for the last 6yrs 

No I am not just giving my unbiased opinion. I wonder though if you may be for another candidate. 5 posts to your name Joe and all on this thread where have you been the rest of the time?

I think you should have a look  else where I am new here and not all post have been just here 

And I have never shown any favoritism to anyone if you have a look but I will tell you this Graeme  had to go 

12 minutes ago, GOM said:

Still waiting for Shakey's reply but that one change could almost be called a conflict of interests if you look at where the majority of vouchers ended up

I don't think we can take to much with the conflict of interest , given Craig rendel in his key seat . I do not think your opinions are unbiased but each to there own . I see no problem Tho in talking up any of these people to get your view across as I would like my vote to count . If you read between the lines in there wee write ups there is only 3 for me that want the job that will really push the buttons and get on top and  be heard . To me the 3 people with real back bone and will point us in the correct direction . what one of these people will not let another rocket ship happen ?? Keep the money at grass roots and not over spend by giving themselfs and others a pay increase . 

2 hours ago, GOM said:

Jakey, What were the many changes John made?

Petrol vouchers, aswell as pressured them to raise stakes which IMO was great, the only changes I have seen calverly achieve was a $500 import fee and $50 fee for every pup born so that gap could buy a property that isnt even being used right now as far as I know (I dont even have an issue with the fee, its the fact that we havent seen any benifets from these fees that im worried about).  Of course he was going to get alot of petrol vouchers, that doesnt mean to say it didnt benifet the rest of us. He probably also got alot more money due to the stake increases, but you dont see to many complain about that. Isnt that what the LP should be doing? Trying to implement new ideas and rules to benifet the LPs? Including the person who is our LP? I personally feel as though the nzgra dont hear our concerns enough and dont seem to consolidate with us which is why we need someone with a bit of backbone in the role. On a side note, I found john gommans idea of a seperate associaton for LPs interesting, itd be good to see him share what and how he sees it working in our current system, and whether or not it would make any changes for us

Do you really think the $500 import fee and $50 pup fee was Graeme's doing? Hints of paranoia there Shaky. They were board decisions and initiatives. As I said Graeme was one vote and by the way the last time I talked to him he was fighting for the retention of the vouchers which I was very much against.

A for a positive for Graeme if my memory serves me correctly he was instrumental in getting the breeders bonus for the first win over middle distance which was a step in the right direction.

Shaky you still have not told me of the MANY changes John bought about in his 3 ??? year term. The LP is elected for 2 year terms so it could not have been 2, you have as many holes in your argument as Mike Baird has in his.

All of this is academic because the new constitution that will be passed at the conference does away with the LP. Whoever does get elected is going to get their A into G to make the difference you all want.

2 minutes ago, GOM said:

Do you really think the $500 import fee and $50 pup fee was Graeme's doing? Hints of paranoia there Shaky. They were board decisions and initiatives. As I said Graeme was one vote and by the way the last time I talked to him he was fighting for the retention of the vouchers which I was very much against.

A for a positive for Graeme if my memory serves me correctly he was instrumental in getting the breeders bonus for the first win over middle distance which was a step in the right direction.

Shaky you still have not told me of the MANY changes John bought about in his 3 ??? year term. The LP is elected for 2 year terms so it could not have been 2, you have as many holes in your argument as Mike Baird has in his.

All of this is academic because the new constitution that will be passed at the conference does away with the LP. Whoever does get elected is going to get their A into G to make the difference you all want.

He seemed pretty proud of those fees when they came in, as i recall: he said somethong along the lines of one night that if it were up to him, the fees would be doubled. Whether or not it was his doing, I couldnt tell you. Hes helped bring in one good inititive than, ill give him that. I do not think he is the person to lead us right now though, neither is john mcinerney... we need forward thinkers to represent the LP and will get their ideas accross