RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

A Message To The NZGRA.

Dear NZGRA.

In light of whats going down in NSW Greyhounds, i think a plan must immediately be put in place to ban the import of all NSW's whelped Greyhounds. The ban must apply to all dogs whelped in NSW's regardless of wether they are sent across the border to be exported from another state.

The reason for the ban is such. If we allow the import of these dogs, it will put our own dogs into the situation of ending up on death row. For every import over and above what is presently normal, then one of our own dogs in the race chain is put at risk of euthanasia. There is only room for x amount of dogs to forfull our racing requirements. If we allow a flood of cheap imports from NSW's, we will also import one of the very reasons that ended their industry, and that is the putting down of healthy dogs.

The NZGRA need to front foot this before unscrupulous importers here in NZ take advantage of NSW's problems and bring them here.

do you think with the high freight costs and fees associated with bringing dogs over from Australia that we are going to get a huge influx of "cheap" dogs over here from what's happining in nsw you would have to be mad in the head 

16 minutes ago, Gotchanow said:

do you think with the high freight costs and fees associated with bringing dogs over from Australia that we are going to get a huge influx of "cheap" dogs over here from what's happining in nsw you would have to be mad in the head 

The only one mad in the head here is you. I cannot be bothered replying to idiots.

John Goode.

51 minutes ago, aquaman said:

The only one mad in the head here is you. I cannot be bothered replying to idiots.

John Goode.

I think I would be pretty spot on at around $3500 to get a dog from Aus to race in nz what owner or trainer will import a cheap dog to race for our prizemoney?

calum weir

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Dear NZGRA.

In light of whats going down in NSW Greyhounds, i think a plan must immediately be put in place to ban the import of all NSW's whelped Greyhounds. The ban must apply to all dogs whelped in NSW's regardless of wether they are sent across the border to be exported from another state.

The reason for the ban is such. If we allow the import of these dogs, it will put our own dogs into the situation of ending up on death row. For every import over and above what is presently normal, then one of our own dogs in the race chain is put at risk of euthanasia. There is only room for x amount of dogs to forfull our racing requirements. If we allow a flood of cheap imports from NSW's, we will also import one of the very reasons that ended their industry, and that is the putting down of healthy dogs.

The NZGRA need to front foot this before unscrupulous importers here in NZ take advantage of NSW's problems and bring them here.

You just want to push your own agendas here, get your head out of the dirt. Mass breeding needs to stop before anything else happens in NZ greyhounds if we wanted to control numbers, especially when some trainers at our awards admit they are breeding huge numbers of dogs and are racing less than a third of them in a season including the dogs that they import

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

The same sort of people that imported Swimming Goat.

I see, so you are mad because someone imported a better sprinter than you could breed? It takes a good sprinter to win them in a row the way swimming goat has, I certainly would not complain if we got more sprinters or middle distance dogs like swimming goat over here.

I understand and i will stand corrected that the number of pups whelp this current season is around 850 which I thought was'nt to bad. I see a suggestion has being put forward in Australia that races take place for the so called dogs that dont meet trainers expections to eleviate the wastage 

12 hours ago, aquaman said:

Dear NZGRA.

Just another selfish idiotic statement from you John.Please tell us all on here how you have earnt an income over the last 20 years cos that's about how long you have been off the boats,and it certainly hasn't been off the dogs you have bred and raced.You have always been against imports but yet you have been happy to race their off spring.Would you rather a heap of Ozzies come over here and start up breeding here.

AC

I would rather a heap of ozzies came over and breed there dogs here. And not imported there racers here.

You would find out who could make a income out of racing here and it would not be any importers that start breeding,as this is the hard way.

As you well know AC

Ready to run stock that you know how fast they are,is the importers goal,and easiest and only way for them to make aliving here in NZ.

And then they may consider a move to Canada, AYE

16 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

I see, so you are mad because someone imported a better sprinter than you could breed? It takes a good sprinter to win them in a row the way swimming goat has, I certainly would not complain if we got more sprinters or middle distance dogs like swimming goat over here.

You miss the point. But then again thats no surprise.

9 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

Just another selfish idiotic statement from you John.Please tell us all on here how you have earnt an income over the last 20 years cos that's about how long you have been off the boats,and it certainly hasn't been off the dogs you have bred and raced.You have always been against imports but yet you have been happy to race their off spring.Would you rather a heap of Ozzies come over here and start up breeding here.

AC

And as for you, the only selfish person is yourself. You that has made your living off the back of the mass farmer of Greyhounds Paul Wheeler. And once again you look at this disaster from the comfort of your own backyard and how can i capitalize on the misfortune of others. I suggest you reread my original post, and you will see that my suggestion is all about protecting our own existing dogs from meeting the same fate that has sunk NSW's. I like to look at the big picture, unlike yourself, that is only interested in your own selfish operation that imports ready made dogs from the farmer Wheeler, whom i might add is part of the problem that has destroyed racing in a significant part of Australia. Oh what a shame, my endless source of ready made Greyhounds may be under threat.

I am only a hobby trainer now, so my income is non of your business.

4 hours ago, aquaman said:

And as for you, the only selfish person is yourself. You that has made your living off the back of the mass farmer of Greyhounds Paul Wheeler. And once again you look at this disaster from the comfort of your own backyard and how can i capitalize on the misfortune of others. I suggest you reread my original post, and you will see that my suggestion is all about protecting our own existing dogs from meeting the same fate that has sunk NSW's. I like to look at the big picture, unlike yourself, that is only interested in your own selfish operation that imports ready made dogs from the farmer Wheeler, whom i might add is part of the problem that has destroyed racing in a significant part of Australia. Oh what a shame, my endless source of ready made Greyhounds may be under threat.

I am only a hobby trainer now, so my income is non of your business.

I hope you are having a laugh with this one? How was PAW responsible for this? last I checked, he gets 85% of dogs to the track an around 70% of them are city class. If anything, breeders should be wanting to know how someone like him has been so successful. Most breeders would b lucky if there stats were that good

No wonder you are a 'hobby' trainer with this sort of talk

17 hours ago, GOM said:

They already have them...... in NZ

Its probably not a bad idea really. In the past, many people would have been against this but we need every little thing possible to help improve our stats. Why I applaud the GRV, they have made some ridiculous rules but if it means the difference between the opening and shutting down of the industry, than maybe the rues arent so bad afterall

2 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

I hope you are having a laugh with this one? How was PAW responsible for this? last I checked, he gets 85% of dogs to the track an around 70% of them are city class. If anything, breeders should be wanting to know how someone like him has been so successful. Most breeders would b lucky if there stats were that good

No wonder you are a 'hobby' trainer with this sort of talk

alltheway where did you get your stats from

you are a bigger idiot than I thought.hundreds of lives have been destroyed in NSW and all you can think about is what you can try and do to give yourself an advantage from their demise!!!

Paul Wheeler races 95% of his dogs in Victoria NOT NSW.

I'm not going to debate this with you anymore as it is a waste of time.

AC

You would be very close to the mark alltheway with your stats on Paul.He is a very clever man and has seen this coming way before anyone else and has built a state of the art breediong and rearing farm which in my opinion would be the best in the world.He has done this to make sure the pups had the best of everything and were broken to a high standard so they would make it to the races and avoid wastage.So when the shit did hit the fan he was already a step ahead of the asuthorities.However he like most greyhound people over there didn't think it would become banned.

Its not over yet as the GBOTA as a LOT of money to fight this and there is support starting to build from many over there.

AC

Craig, the Greyhouind industry has been politically stitched in NSW. The decision, for purely political reasons was made a long time ago. Listen to this video, at approx 20mins and 38 mins, to hear Peter V'landys (CEO racing NSW), where he states that Greyhounds will be gone in approx. 2 months. This is on 1st April.  

37 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

you are a bigger idiot than I thought.hundreds of lives have been destroyed in NSW and all you can think about is what you can try and do to give yourself an advantage from their demise!!!

Paul Wheeler races 95% of his dogs in Victoria NOT NSW.

I'm not going to debate this with you anymore as it is a waste of time.

AC

Once again, you just don't get it. I for one have not been ringing around broken and devastated owners and trainers in NSW's trying to capitalise on their misery. Know what i mean Craig, thinking they might cash in on cheap dogs like humane vultures, ring any bells Craig.

My concerns are for our own dogs. I hear Victoria, Queensland, South Australia have closed their borders to NSW's dogs. I think our border should be closed to.

I cannot see where i am taking advantage, i have 3 dogs, period. The only ones taking advantage are creeps that think they can all of a sudden get a supply of cheap dogs from a group of distraught owners and trainers.

And like you, i have had enough debate on this topic with you. Intelligent debate yes, but i have no time for selfish idiots to use your terminology, so over and out.