RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Jay4

Christchurch Thursdays

55 minutes ago, Jape said:

A mutual arrangement between the club and the TAB.

Any news on Artic Action Jape? I see in the stewards report he was referred to the vet for assessment but also no stand down imposed? Have they been learning a thing or two from the wanganui reports? ( sarcasm ). 

I'm guessing Jape it's to finish early to make it easier for races there the next day? Does it have an effect on their turnover at all? I know I can't see at least half the card because of work commitments and therefore don't have a bet. And I'm sure the tab pubs would be pretty quiet until just after 5.

On 23 June 2016 at 9:24 PM, Jape said:

A mutual arrangement between the club and the TAB.

I'd have a guess the tab pushed for an earlier start/finish as for the last couple weeks sandown have been starting an hour earlier as well, creating scheduling problems. Sandown are trialing this over winter with the trainers/handlers the main focus. (The earlier starts mean they avoid peak hour traffic on the way to the track and also an earlier finish on the long cold nights). I have heard only positive feedback from trainers but mixed views from gamblers. however apparently there was no change to turnover for the first week at least. In fact it was probably better off as thick fog rolled in during race 12 and if had been run at normal times the last 3 races may have been called off

On 6/23/2016 at 8:29 AM, Jay4 said:

I'm guessing Jape it's to finish early to make it easier for races there the next day? Does it have an effect on their turnover at all? I know I can't see at least half the card because of work commitments and therefore don't have a bet. And I'm sure the tab pubs would be pretty quiet until just after 5.

Obviously needs to be tried a few more times to see if there is any significant difference in tote figures  at both ends.

22 hours ago, Sheepy said:

I'd have a guess the tab pushed for an earlier start/finish as for the last couple weeks sandown have been starting an hour earlier as well, creating scheduling problems. Sandown are trialing this over winter with the trainers/handlers the main focus. (The earlier starts mean they avoid peak hour traffic on the way to the track and also an earlier finish on the long cold nights). I have heard only positive feedback from trainers but mixed views from gamblers. however apparently there was no change to turnover for the first week at least. In fact it was probably better off as thick fog rolled in during race 12 and if had been run at normal times the last 3 races may have been called off

Good to hear from you, Sheepy. Hope all is going well over there.

How is it that chch on a Thursday night high grade meeting can't combine C4/5 520 mtr race ? 3 C3 sprints 3 C4 sprints 

7 noms received by the club for a straight open class middle distance race yet they are incapable of making up a top grade race !! Seriously what a joke !