RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swoopa

Euros 2016

Have been listening to  Talk Sport (UK radio )this morning, some of the presenters reporting that coming out of the Metro at street level heading to their hotel , we're confronted with  with up to 50 balaclava Russian  and French gangs fully  tooled up looking for English  supporters .Other  reports of Northern Ireland fans being targeted in other cities.Looks like a organised  man hunt and as usual a lot of innocent people being caught up in it including kids . Russian fans attacked a section of supporters in the grounds after the  game.

Saw it on the news. Didn't see any balaklava's. Just looked like a bunch of (mostly old) pissed tourists laying into each other.

Footballs been OK, but to a casual observer the Copa America comp looks more exciting.

46 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

Saw it on the news. Didn't see any balaklava's. Just looked like a bunch of (mostly old) pissed tourists laying into each other.

Footballs been OK, but to a casual observer the Copa America comp looks more exciting.

UH, that's just for the cameras handbags at 10 yards.The real action was well organised and pretty serious  by all accounts.The Russian's are coming :ph34r:.

As for the Copa , there is more diving there than at the Great Barrier or should that be a French bar!!

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM, Uriah Heap said:

Hard to find time in a busy sporting life, but i hav been catching the highlights packages.

What about the 2nd Italian goal Swoopa? Goal of the tournament to date.

Yes , there has been some cracking goals in the first week.

Another cracking header by the big mun  McAuley tonight .

14 hours ago, bloke said:

I heard yesterday Riccardo Ball mention on Radio Racing Sport that Iceland, population 330k has 40k supporters in France.

That's massive.

All the teams supporters look  like they are having  one he'll of a summer party

Except for maybe the Russians, but that's  another story :ph34r:.

Some of the stories  coming out about the N  Ireland supporters huge night of celebrations have been hilarious.

5 hours ago, bloke said:

Oh my goodness Ireland 1 Italy Nil. They look like they will celebrate for a week.

My brother was at the game lucky b*gger. He said he has never been in a ground with 25,000 fans still in the ground long after the final whistle.

This tournament is a cracker - what a morning today.

46 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

My brother was at the game lucky b*gger. He said he has never been in a ground with 25,000 fans still in the ground long after the final whistle.

You can't question their passion Col...even though it was a second string team they beat. You would have thought they had won the Tournament the way O'Neill and Keane were carrying on...France will be a different proposition methinks.....;)

1 hour ago, chelseacol said:

I do recall on 14 November 2009 at Westpac most of  the crowd stayed for well over an hour after the final whistle. And there were very     elated, attractive young ladies half way down the concourse giving away kissess and yes I got in the queue.There is something very special about dramatic football games.

20 hours ago, bloke said:

I do recall on 14 November 2009 at Westpac most of  the crowd stayed for well over an hour after the final whistle. And there were very     elated, attractive young ladies half way down the concourse giving away kissess and yes I got in the queue.There is something very special about dramatic football games.

go to Mermaids bloke - smaller queue - although more expensive.

Joking aside I totally agree about dramatic football matches - nothing to beat it.

21 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Like the way Belgium are playing...would be good to see some different teams in the Final...Croatia possibly...?

This one looks pretty open to me so you may get your wish.

Head and history says Germany, Spain, Italy, France - but the draw and the fact each team has thrown in at least one average game means it is wide open.

I reckon England win it on penalties with Stuart Pearson netting the winner:ph34r: 

This format for the Euros is brilliant and will be remembered for years to come.

It has given some of the lesser lights a chance to shine on the big stage, aka Iceland. What a fairy tale for this small nation, a team of real battlers but a team non the less playing out of their skins.

It is a chance to throw off the disconnect between the big name teams and the rest and to see some underdogs give the stiff figure to their opponents.

Belgium has a brilliant team individually, but can it play as a team collectively. I don't think so.

Italy look fragile.  England cant win anything.  Germany will be their usual clinical boring self, but will probably get to the Final,although I hope not.

I fancy Wales over N Ireland, only for the fact of Bale,s influence. I fancy France for the Final, but I don't think we have seen the last of some huge upsets .

Very exciting tournament .

Ramsey has been brilliant for Wales both in attack, defence and work rate,which has opened the  game  up for the whole team(player of the tournament for me so far).

Today I'm  going for Wales and Croatia to win by 2 - 0

Cheers

On Thursday, June 23, 2016 at 3:14 AM, Ohokaman said:

Like the way Belgium are playing...would be good to see some different teams in the Final...Croatia possibly...?

Croatia v France?? Maybe!