RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Huge for Haunui

DIANA TRIAL

Tickle Me Blue, a three-year-old daughter of Iffraaj, looks on target for the Gr.1 Preis der Diana with a narrow victory in the Listed Diana Trial on the same card. Run over 1800m, she had to overcome trouble at the top of the straight before running on well to win with something to spare at the line. Very lightly-raced, this was only her third career start after a maiden victory as a two year- old at Bremen and a fourth in the Gr.3 Schwarzgold Rennen back in April.

AND

Quiet Reflection made short work of her male rivals to take the Gr.2 Sandy Lane Stakes, the feature race at Haydock Park yesterday, in impressive style. Held up at the rear of the field, the three-year-old daughter of Showcasing made good headway over a furlong out and then surged past her rivals, powering clear to win easily by three and three quarter lengths, with Donjuan Triumphant (Dream Ahead) just getting the better of Gifted Master (Kodiac) for second. The winner of five of her six starts to date, including three at Group level, she has made stealthy progress and is now likely to race next in the Gr.1 Commonwealth Stakes at Royal Ascot. Trainer Karl Burke said, “She’s a different filly to the one that won in France [last month], she’s physically matured since then and I knew she’d improved. It wasn’t the idea to sit that far back, but when I saw him [jockey Dougie Costello] cruise up on her two out, I thought he’d gone too soon. She’s got a fantastic turn of foot and a high cruising speed and, when you put them together, it makes something special. Six furlongs is obviously no problem and at Ascot we may as well keep her to her own age group [Gr.1 Commonwealth Cup], where hopefully the American [Acapulco] might give us a nice lead! If it was soft, we could go for the [Gr.1] King’s Stand [Stakes].”

Yes at the Tattersalls December mare sale Quiet Reflection sold to MV Magnier of Coolmore for 2100000 guineas.She is by Showcasing out of the Haafhd mare My Delerium. She won G1 Commonwealth Cup at Royal Ascot and G1 Haydock Sprint Cup her two G1's. Obviously a very good sprinter

NZ is very lucky to have two world class stallions in Showcasing and Iffraaj standing at very reasonable fees at Haunui. If they were in Aust they would be 4/5 times their present fees.

Showcasing is having a magnificent season  - look at today’s Wakefield’s Stakes G2 result. 1st and 3rd.

Look at his Singapore results multiple winners each meeting.

Haunui has two world class stallions and their 3rd horse Belado is a very interesting stallion prospect.

Well down Mark, Shannon and your team

Haunui's stallions are some of the best in the country.  Shrewd judges.  Have a very athletic Showcasing yearling filly,  very closely related to Hardline and today's Wakefield winner...sometimes the dice rolls the right way!

I have a Showcasing yearling filly in Aust. it's dam's first foal is a stakes winner the third foal by showcasing was accepted for NZ premier sale,but withdrawn.I entered the filly(4th foal) in this years INGLIS Premier sale but I was told by Inglis Showcasing is not well known in Aust so the filly should go in the 2nd tier sale. What a load of Bollocks Inglis,I told them to get stuffed and will race the filly myself.  Her full brother will race in HK after being sold for $100000.

Inglis Australia are out of touch,probably because Showcasing does not stand in Aust. He is definitely world class Nthern and Southern hemisphere.

Haunui great to deal with and one of the better studs in NZ.Take a bow, you guys deserve all the success you get.

Doing a really good job, has only 1 G1 winner from nearly 400 to race is main negative (she has recently been sold for 2.1 million guineas from memory)

But a good solid stallion in both hemispheres for sure, and service fee in NZ is value 

40 minutes ago, jeepers said:

I have a Showcasing yearling filly in Aust. it's dam's first foal is a stakes winner the third foal by showcasing was accepted for NZ premier sale,but withdrawn.I entered the filly(4th foal) in this years INGLIS Premier sale but I was told by Inglis Showcasing is not well known in Aust so the filly should go in the 2nd tier sale. What a load of Bollocks Inglis,I told them to get stuffed and will race the filly myself.  Her full brother will race in HK after being sold for $100000.

Inglis Australia are out of touch,probably because Showcasing does not stand in Aust. He is definitely world class Nthern and Southern hemisphere.

Haunui great to deal with and one of the better studs in NZ.Take a bow, you guys deserve all the success you get.

Frustrating but that's the trick when breeding commercially.  Horses for courses...your filly would be pushing it in the Aussie sales as she is not VOBIS, BOBS or MM but would be Inglis race series qualified.  That's why its imperative NZ based stallions do well on a regular basis in Australia....if that's where you intend to sell.  He has had a few nice horses over there but the 2 best ones are unfortunately no longer around (HARDLINE & CYLINDER BEACH).  IFFRAAJ is a good example of this.  He is not over popular with the Aussie agents or trainers and his stock just don't reach a commercially acceptable prices at the sales.  He is a wonderful stallion and we all have known this for several years...but without TML, Jon Snow or Gingernuts, they'd be even more in the dark over there.  Lets hope he receives an improved response from the Aussie buyers this time round.  I guess it would be the same with a young Aussie based stallion if you sold the yearling  here....

On 12/9/2017 at 5:15 PM, jeepers said:

After that recent sale to Coolmore they might change their opinion Jeepers...;)

True Ohokaman, but it's hard to change Bloodstock Agency's minds in this Country,especially about a stallion that does not stand here. Could be the best thing to happen to us as she is an absolute standout.

56 minutes ago, jeepers said:

True Ohokaman, but it's hard to change Bloodstock Agency's minds in this Country,especially about a stallion that does not stand here. Could be the best thing to happen to us as she is an absolute standout.

Coolmore are big players over there and could have an influence on that. Certainly expect the smarter operators to be looking at any quality offerings at upcoming sales....good time to be selling...? ;)

Showcasing and Iffraaj are the best sires of 2 year olds this season

They are standing for 35,000 Euros and 45,000 Euros respectively in the current northern breeding season 

Their service fees in NZ are massively discounted by Haunui

Trust breeders will appreciate the quality of these two international sires