RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
thephantom

Enough is Enough

There has to be plans for a all-weather track (like KranjI - there's can handle monsoon conditions) surely for the sake and future of NZ racing?

yet, the NZTR have made no plans in their 5-year budget. Its stupidity!!

We all can see the executives in Petone wont lower their salaries, either.

In my view, the only company making money from NZ racing (apart from the bookmakers) are New Zealand Bloodstock.

NZB make millions profit without competition.

NZB percentages from this years Yearling Sale would have raised enough to construct a all-weather track.

NZB have a monopoly on the sale of horses in this country, yet do they REALLY put money back into NZ racing industry.

Yes I agree that they do sponsor about 200 races (of minimum stakes value) in NZ. but all they are doing are just topping up the stakes.

And NZB do sponsor the Karaka Million Twilight meeting - but those races are subsidized by the runners themselves - NZB are hardly digging into their deep pockets.

NZB also sponsor the four races (Memsie, Lawrence, Underwood, Caulfield Stakes) in Melbourne worth $1.4 million yearly. Isnt this money more valuable to invest in NZ racing. 

NZB should invest their monopolized money more into NZ racing?

We desperately need a all-weather track. Whether at Te Rapa or Ellerslie (inside track)

Personally i like to see the under-used Ellerslie inside track used as a all-weather (model on Kranji - turf outside and a fibresand polytrack track on the inner). Ellerslie could have a race meeting every Friday all through the year. 

Call it 'New Zealand Bloodstock Ellerslie Racecourse,' as far Im concerned. What better marketing is that?

At least a joint venture with NZTR, or an offshore group is worth considering.