RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hashtag

Timing of the Jewels

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

I know this is outside the square but I am always surprised the fields aren't smaller and run in heats like the Little Brown Jug.

I have been to Ashburton and love it as a mile racing track, but see no sense in having a race loaded with horses with no chance at all and only getting in the way. Small fields and heats or  the cream de la cream only. And yes I have had a horse running in a jewels but personally if I didn't think it was up to it I would say so. 

Mile racing is exciting presented in the correct way

Globe Derby, mile racing has never been exciting, especially Jewels day.

Can hardly wait only 6 more sleeps.

On Sunday, 29 May 2016 at 10:59 PM, Brodie said:

Globe Derby, mile racing has never been exciting, especially Jewels day.

Can hardly wait only 6 more sleeps.

Your personal view I am sure which was not shared by all the people I talked to at Ashburton last year.

Still" their is nothing as queer as folks".

52 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Your personal view I am sure which was not shared by all the people I talked to at Ashburton last year.

Still" their is nothing as queer as folks".

Yes it is my personal view.

Is mile racing from U.S.A. exciting? hardly and they are the kings of mile racing as that is mostly all they do race!

Is mile racing from Menangle exciting? Not really!

Is it exciting at Cambridge or Addington? Na!

Not long to go now Brodie, how many times have you wet yourself with excitement. As I know how much you like to back horses at decent odds to place I'll give you Usain Colt. You can put $300 on him before your restrictions kick in. 

11 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Not long to go now Brodie, how many times have you wet yourself with excitement. As I know how much you like to back horses at decent odds to place I'll give you Usain Colt. You can put $300 on him before your restrictions kick in. 

Counter Punch. Only 3 more sleeps and I haven't been sleeping that well due to the excitement.

He might be worth a go as over a mile at Cambridge you never know.

It is gambling though and I prefer to invest.

On 5/31/2016 at 11:06 PM, Counter Punch said:

So..... did you? 

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

So..... did you? 

Well done Counter Punch.

No I was too overwhelmed with excitement all day.

Actually I only saw 3 races and those ones were pretty average viewing and not worth punting on.

Tote place odds were pathetic most of the day and the Fixed were too short for the risk.

Om sure many enjoyed the day as winning obviously not the priority!

Only 365 sleeps to the next JEWELS? HARDLY WAIT,

make the races longer I say!!!

19 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Well done Counter Punch.

No I was too overwhelmed with excitement all day.

Actually I only saw 3 races and those ones were pretty average viewing and not worth punting on.

Tote place odds were pathetic most of the day and the Fixed were too short for the risk.

Om sure many enjoyed the day as winning obviously not the priority!

Only 365 sleeps to the next JEWELS? HARDLY WAIT,

make the races longer I say!!!

Really some of the fixed odds place were bloody good EARLY ON .

17 minutes ago, richie said:

Really some of the fixed odds place were bloody good EARLY ON .

Richie, which place odds were really good, and the horses got in?

3 hours ago, Brodie said:

Richie, which place odds were really good, and the horses got in?

Conon Bridge, $6.30 , 3rd. Did you have it, I did. 

If you don't find the Jewels Day  interesting and worthy of a punt then why do you bother posting at all. 

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Conon Bridge, $6.30 , 3rd. Did you have it, I did. 

If you don't find the Jewels Day  interesting and worthy of a punt then why do you bother posting at all. 

No I didn't have it and yes the 6.30 was good on the tote, but what was it on the fixed?

Didnt say it wasn't interesting, said it wa overrated and not worth punting GLOBE!

Why do I post?

Because I always like to voice my opinion, just as you do!

Was it a great day of racing that people made a lot of money out of it apart from the TAB, I doubt it!

whatever the punting it was a super day- the Cambridge club excelled-  the fact is a million went into the industry owners etc so it has to be good- for a club shorties winning is good coz the money gets reinvested- for me no good but it was enjoyed by heaps of people which is good in itself.lots of galloping folks there- chris wood rob priscott  john wheeler, keith hawtin and others and they loved it.

ironically a couple of trainers who thought it was past its used by date won races .

Kerry wells rob Lawson mike Weston  and all the others  I had a great time boys- well done.

Mark Purdon still the king.

3 hours ago, tim vince said:

whatever the punting it was a super day- the Cambridge club excelled-  the fact is a million went into the industry owners etc so it has to be good- for a club shorties winning is good coz the money gets reinvested- for me no good but it was enjoyed by heaps of people which is good in itself.lots of galloping folks there- chris wood rob priscott  john wheeler, keith hawtin and others and they loved it.

ironically a couple of trainers who thought it was past its used by date won races .

Kerry wells rob Lawson mike Weston  and all the others  I had a great time boys- well done.

Mark Purdon still the king.

Tim.

Mark Purdon may be the "King" but to be the King you need paupers!

Do you believe that there will be enough paupers prepared to continue to offload their cash racing for the crumbs?

Very detrimental to the industry if one stable wins every group race!

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Agree Brodie, but  what can you do?. Purdon/Rass. are the best and if you want to see the races spread between more stables then it is up to other trainers to lift their game.  You cannot blame the Jewels concept or group 1 racing in general just  because one stable is dominating. 

36 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Tim.

Mark Purdon may be the "King" but to be the King you need paupers!

Do you believe that there will be enough paupers prepared to continue to offload their cash racing for the crumbs?

Yawn - we have heard your view again and again.

I do not think most of these owners in the Purdon stable are making a lot of money - you only hear about the successful ones and plenty fall by the wayside. The cost of purchase and training fees and including all the duds there wouldn't be a lot of spare change left. Most of them are in it for the thrill and why do you begrudge them this? Also there are many different owners concerned in these different horses - it is not just one or two. Your comments seem to suggest they should support other trainers so they can survive - what nonsense. You must shudder when thinking of this years NZ cup when Purdon could realistically have half the field. 

You say you own a horse - send it to Purdon and start to enjoy yourself - if your horse is limited on ability stick to your present trainer and keep whinging. 

1 hour ago, Spikecity said:

Yawn - we have heard your view again and again.

I do not think most of these owners in the Purdon stable are making a lot of money - you only hear about the successful ones and plenty fall by the wayside. The cost of purchase and training fees and including all the duds there wouldn't be a lot of spare change left. Most of them are in it for the thrill and why do you begrudge them this? Also there are many different owners concerned in these different horses - it is not just one or two. Your comments seem to suggest they should support other trainers so they can survive - what nonsense. You must shudder when thinking of this years NZ cup when Purdon could realistically have half the field. 

You say you own a horse - send it to Purdon and start to enjoy yourself - if your horse is limited on ability stick to your present trainer and keep whinging. 

Spike, firstly you can not simply send a horse to Purdon you need to be in the circle.

Secondly, how many horses would have faced yesterday in the Jewels if they weren't paid 3 to 4K just for turning up,instead of the $86 ?????

The Jewels is run at a huge loss financially to the harness racing industry  and is heavily subsidised by HRNZ!

Keep up,the good work.

Profitable day on the punt today.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Spike, firstly you can not simply send a horse to Purdon you need to be in the circle.

Secondly, how many horses would have faced yesterday in the Jewels if they weren't paid 3 to 4K just for turning up,instead of the $86 ?????

The Jewels is run at a huge loss financially to the harness racing industry  and is heavily subsidised by HRNZ!

Keep up,the good work.

Profitable day on the punt today.

Titan Banner, Custodian - in the circle? Oh you backed the Purdon horses today I guess hehe

Every trainer has their "cut off" point for the quality of horse they'll take to train. You have everything from those at the bottom of the heap will probably take anything that can generate a training fee, right up to the All Stars, who I'd imagine would only be interested in horses with group race potential.

Quality, not circles. Pure and simple.

49 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

Titan Banner, Custodian - in the circle? Oh you backed the Purdon horses today I guess hehe

Titan Banner has always been a good horse so he was always going to be accepted by Purdon.

Caretaker trainer for I think Nathan Jack, going to OZ.

No didn't back any Purdon horses today.

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

agree detrimental but unless u limit them to certain nos what can happen. if u do then u  penalise owners-it is what it is. I think mark will consider any horse- u don't need to be in the circle-   he  is a genius that is the problem- not his fault

Of course it his his fault that he is a genius.

Think his team has improved out of sight since Natalie has been in NZ!