RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ashoka

Galileo Gold

Creating line breeding patterns through both parents of your mare is important so I would really like to see the rest of your mares pedigree first.

However I think the first dam's male line is so important to duplicate some where in the stallion, preferably one of the brood-mare sires in his own female line. If not there then his fathers etc,   and with Zacinto this part of the pedigree would be perfect.

Chinese Dragon.jpg

Galileo Gold

Trainer: Hugo Palmer.

Best odds: 14-1 (Stan James, Betway), 5-1 with a run (BoyleSports).

The son of Paco Boy and out of a Galileo mare, Galicuix, Galileo Gold gave Newmarket trainer Palmer his first Classic victory when he came home at 14/1 in the QIPCO 2000 Guineas. The trainer had a gene test done on Galileo Gold which suggested that there was a less than one per cent chance that one-and-a-half miles would be his optimum trip. But the decision on whether or not he will run will be made after this weekend's Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh.

When I saw Paco Boys crop of yearlings at Karaka I knew straight away he would be another case of a stallion who could have made it here but won't. Was a balls up right from day one.

I may be wrong, I quite often am, but I believe that the stud were struggling to handle him or something along those lines and was relieved of stud duties hence his abbreviated stud career in NZ. Someone more adequately informed may confirm whether this was the case or not but he would have been a fine asset to NZ breeding if NH is any gauge of the quality of his progeny. His fertility and the number of mares covered wasn't flash either. I wonder if the stop over in HK and the fact he didn't go any good affected his level of support.

1 from 10 this season is lousy yet we will never know as he never had a real chance ie 120+ mares in each of his first 2 crops. Based on what he is doing in the NH you would have to say he is a loss but there have been many who can't seem to translate success from one hemisphere to another, for whatever reason.