RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
pete

Racing: Kiwi riders looking to impress in Kentucky

This is a headline at the online Herald this morning.

I'm thinking 'wow, maybe James McDonald has scored a ride in the Kentucky Derrrby'.

Nah, the article is about showjumping.

Be funny if it wasn't so pathetic and reflecting the sad level of incompetence/apathy in much of the media in this country.

I recall Brendan Telfer interviewing a racing expert from Kentucky on his show many years ago.

Telfer wasn't interested in the Derby,he was more interested in what gave Kentucky the right to call itself the Bluegrass state.

The American tried to explain that at a certain time of the year when the sun was out and flowers were blooming the grass looked blue because of the amount of blue flowers growing in the grass.

Telfer in his arrogant way dismissed it as rubbish.

The media in this country have no feel for the racing industry,however should an All Black pass wind they will be all over it.

On 28 April 2016 at 7:00 AM, pete said:

This is a headline at the online Herald this morning.

I'm thinking 'wow, maybe James McDonald has scored a ride in the Kentucky Derrrby'.

Nah, the article is about showjumping.

Be funny if it wasn't so pathetic and reflecting the sad level of incompetence/apathy in much of the media in this country.

In fact , the article is about Eventing,  not Showjumping. :-)  But it's certainly not about Racing. So I agree that it's wrongly placed. Should have been in General Sports.