RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

Sires Stakes

Can someone tell me how race 5 at Auckland with 7 runners from the same stable be any good for the sport.

My suggestion is the stable stop paying series entry fees because if they pooled all the payments from all the 125 plus horses a year they are involved in they could have there own race meeting.

Then the rest of us ( from 5 horse stables to 50 horse stables ) can run in a race with no thought of team driving or this is hopeless get me out of spending money on horses and be left with a positive thought we could win this etc.

Again I ask can someone sell me the idea of one stable having 7 runners in a field of 12 is good for racing and the sport of harness racing ?

Maybe the stable private reporter can give us the reason why it is positive .

23 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Can someone tell me how race 5 at Auckland with 7 runners from the same stable be any good for the sport.

The only good thing about it is that all of the seven appear to be owned by different people..not the usual big spending ones that own multiple group 1 winners from that barn. But do agree, begs the question of how the others are going to cope with "stable tactics"

So why dont we scratch the 7 and have 6 runners instead.I cant see how it is bad for the sport HAVING THE BEST AGAINST THE BEST.Tall poppy syndrome again,do you want to soften things down a bit like the joke that super rugby draw now is.

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, lonestar said:

The only good thing about it is that all of the seven appear to be owned by different people..not the usual big spending ones that own multiple group 1 winners from that barn. But do agree, begs the question of how the others are going to cope with "stable tactics"

If as you say they are owned by different people, then if I was one of the owners I would be sorely pissed off if using stable tactics ,my horse was the scapegoat for one of the other horses. I don't think so, they will be run on merit. That gives everyone a chance, allowing for barrier draw and luck in the running.

You conspiracy theorists amuse me.

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

If as you say they are owned by different people, then if I was one of the owners I would be sorely pissed off if using stable tactics ,my horse was the scapegoat for one of the other horses. I don't think so, they will be run on merit. That gives everyone a chance, allowing for barrier draw and luck in the running.

You conspiracy theorists amuse me.

globe, best horse won! and I don't buy into conspiracy theories either, but you have to admit having more than half the field from the one stable generally is going to make it hard for someone from outside that stable to win

I agree with Long Owner, we are going to stop staking our horses in Group races as not fair to small trainers trying to make a living. We are thinking of giving up breeding because of this issue, Stable driving does exist