RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Nasrullah

Zabeel.....Zabeel.. I hope we can continue the line

This Zabeel blood is just so dominant.

Take the Derby, first home out of a Zabeel mare, second by a son of Zabeel, third out of a Zabeel mare. Most of the rest of the field has Zabeel blood somewhere.

Over the weekend the Auckland Cup winner by a son of Zabeel, Preferment wins Australian Cup by Zabeel, and Pago Pago stakes is won by a grandson of Zabeel.

Over to the leading sires lists

Both leading broodmare sires in NZ and Aus is Zabeel.

Leading sire in NZ at just under $2m is Savabeel by Zabeel and 2nd Darci is out of a Zabeel mare.

In Aus, Lonhro a grandson of Zabeel currently sits 4th with $6.2m.

Personally I love Pierro and his blood and hopefully NZ can produce a top class Group One performer by Savabeel.  What are our chances?

I could be wrong but I don't think that Sir Patrick will go again with that sort of long term investment. 

Guess that really only leaves Windsor Park!

There again what about Haunui, Westbury or Little Avondale? All would have the backing up to 8 million NZ. 

Of course Waikato could do it instantly for 10 M. Would they want another Zabeel?

To answer that, Coolmore aren't shy to stand multiple sons of who they think are breed shapers and Zabeel is certainly in that category. 

I can't understand why a deal hasn't been announced by someone.

Over in Aust as soon as a Colt looks like being topclass someone buys a piece and ties up the standing rights. 

P.S. I think that this is the second time (on Race Cafe) that I have suggested that a NZ Stud Farm acts and acts quickly. The last time was many months ago. 

Am I missing something about this horse?

True he doesn't but he does have heart and guts and the will to win. He has enough speed to sit close to the pace, another attribute as he showed on Saturday. 1600m verses 2000m (Turnbull and the Aust Cup) will still do me. Hopefully not being effective over 1600m will keep the price down and he will end up here. Then I might become the proud part owner of him even if it's only part of a share. Here's hoping anyway. 

1 hour ago, Insider said:

I could be wrong but I don't think that Sir Patrick will go again with that sort of long term investment. 

There again what about Haunui, Westbury or Little Avondale? All would have the backing up to 8 million NZ. 

Of course Waikato could do it instantly for 10 M. Would they want another Zabeel?

To answer that, Coolmore aren't shy to stand multiple sons of who they think are breed shapers and Zabeel is certainly in that category. 

Over in Aust as soon as a Colt looks like being topclass someone buys a piece and ties up the standing rights. 

P.S. I think that this is the second time (on Race Cafe) that I have suggested that a NZ Stud Farm acts and acts quickly. The last time was many months ago. 

I have wondered the same thing, thought NZ studs would be falling over themselves to secure him?

I think Hugh Bowman said he doesn't have a turn of foot , but just has the ability to sustain a long run in. Most of the marketing hype about stallions is related to them having a turn of foot, perhaps this is why he hasn't been secured in NZ?

11 hours ago, Huey said:

I think Hugh Bowman said he doesn't have a turn of foot , but just has the ability to sustain a long run in. Most of the marketing hype about stallions is related to them having a turn of foot, perhaps this is why he hasn't been secured in NZ?

The perfect horse then to build on NZ's ability to continue to breed top class stayers, which we seem to list our way doing. 

I have not studied Preferment's final sectional but he would have to be running his last 600m in under 34 seconds. Not sure if he has done that.

Am not sure where anyone would think he is worth $8m. I have him at $2m. At that price the owners are better off to keep on racing him as I do think he would be a good Melbourne Cup chance this year.

36 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

I have not studied Preferment's final sectional but he would have to be running his last 600m in under 34 seconds. Not sure if he has done that.

Am not sure where anyone would think he is worth $8m. I have him at $2m. At that price the owners are better off to keep on racing him as I do think he would be a good Melbourne Cup chance this year.

R&S have his last 600 in 33.97sec

On Monday, March 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Insider said:

Hands up who thinks the NZ studs are now shit out of luck..

Canelo, sadly I am thinking you are right!

For God's sake someone act before it's too late!

Don't you Windsor Park, Little Avondale, Haunui, or Westbury believe in our own product or put another way a NZ BRED SUPER STAR?

Whats wrong? Have I read this horse wrongly? 

I don't think so!

Reminds me a bit of a horse like Shocking. He'll find a home but I don't think the owners will get the price they want. It's hard to market a tough 2000m horse with the industry seemingly obsessed by stallions that can leave early 2 year old's. And the funny thing this is lots of those hyped speedy stallions haven't been getting results on the track and will have fee's cut this season.

I think it is quite interesting how well Zabeel blood has worked in NZ and Australia.

Preferment would work well with the NZ broodmare band especially sprinter to miler mares.

Zabeel actually had a lot of speed and was a very good miler.

Savabeel is outstanding.

Lesser horses with little or no racetrack performances have done okay considering the level of mares they have served. Eg Zed, Columbia 

Now I think I know why Windsor Park haven't appeared to move on Preferment.

It's probably because of their hefty 50% investment in Rageese.

I wish that they had come to me for advice!

I

An update on Zed

Crop Foals Rnrs Wnrs Wins SW (GW) SWs(GWs) NZ$
08/09 90 43 26 66 1 (1) 2 (1) 1,153,129
09/10 47 27 16 48 4 (2) 7 (5) 1,950,245
10/11 48 28 15 30 1 1 868,653
11/12 28 11 3 8 1 1 121,720
12/13 19 3 0 0 0 0 425
Totals 232 112 60 152 7 (3) 11 (6) 4,094,172

50 black type winners for Waikato Stud's Savabeel (28 Apr 2016)

Savabeel sired his 50th black type winner when the Murray Baker/Andrew Forsman trained Gustavo took out the Listed Anzac Mile at Awapuni.
Retired to stud in 2005 after winning the Spring Champion Stakes at Randwick and the Cox Plate at Moonee Valley, Savabeel was crowned NZ Champion Sire in 2014-15 after filling the minor placings the previous 2 years. His 50 black type winners include 29 at group level, 11 at group 1. They include recent Queen Elizabeth Stakes victor Lucia Valentina, multiple group 1 winner Kawi and his latest to score at the highest level in Sound Proposition who took out the recent Easter Handicap at Ellerlie. Savabeel, a son of champion Zabeel, is out of the Group 1 winner Savannah Success and a half-brother to Group 1 placegetter Arlington. Savabeel's recently announced service fee for 2016 is NZ$100,000.

Savaria wins the Wellington Cup being by Savabeel a son of Zabeel.

Second in the Wellington Cup was Jackstar by Zed a son of Zabeel from the female line of Eight Carat.

Second in the Telegraph and winner of the Railway was Start Wondering by Eigth Wonder by Zabeel out of a daughter of Eight Carat.

Hall Of Fame by Savabeel won the Levin Classic.His third dam is by Sir Tristram.

Update on Savabeel

Commenced stud duties in New Zealand in 2005

Champion NZ Sire in 2014-15, 2015-16, second in 2012-13, third in 2013-14. Leading NZ Sire (Aust. & NZ figures combined) in 2015-16. Leading NZ Sire (worldwide) in 2015-16.

Analysis by Crop

Crop Foals Rnrs Wnrs Wins SW (GW) SWs(GWs) NZ$
06/07 86 69 50 153 6 (3) 7 (4) 4,364,568
07/08 91 79 62 221 11 (5) 23 (12) 9,235,286
08/09 83 73 53 183 10 (6) 23 (15) 10,918,054
09/10 89 73 45 162 8 (4) 16 (11) 7,944,407
10/11 98 84 60 216 6 (5) 20 (17) 13,584,180
11/12 53 47 32 91 5 (3) 8 (5) 5,594,287
12/13 136 99 59 121 5 (4) 9 (7) 4,664,896
13/14 136 70 27 36 4 (3) 5 (3) 1,173,381
14/15 116 2 2 2 1 (1) 1 (1) 75,025
Totals 888 596 390 1185 56 (34) 112 (75) 57,554,084