RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
beerwithduncan

All time favourite songs.

5 hours ago, hesi said:

You were doing well BWD, till you posted a Neil Diamond song:)

You gotta admit Hesi that before rappers, ridiculous gold chains and pants around your arse was considered cool,Neil Diamond was Mr Cool personified .....  and man could he could sing. I think if he sat down and sang Holly Holy in those America's got talent type shows now he'd win every contest and a legion of new fans. Wouldn't he?  or would Susan Boyle beat him :)

Even when you watch and listen to him being interviewed he has an understated coolness about him. The fact my 78 year old mum thinks he's the bees knees is a worry but wouldn't you like to go back in time to when Neil Diamond and Marvin Gaye were the epitome of cool?

I still enjoy those clips of the Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline being played to full American football stadiums with people of all ages getting into it decades after Neil had his last hit.

This clip shows Marines returning on the plane from Iraq when they found out the flight attendants name was Caroline.

On 12 March 2016 at 6:41 PM, beerwithduncan said:

You gotta admit Hesi that before rappers, ridiculous gold chains and pants around your arse was considered cool,Neil Diamond was Mr Cool personified .....  and man could he could sing. I think if he sat down and sang Holly Holy in those America's got talent type shows now he'd win every contest and a legion of new fans. Wouldn't he?  or would Susan Boyle beat him :)

Even when you watch and listen to him being interviewed he has an understated coolness about him. The fact my 78 year old mum thinks he's the bees knees is a worry but wouldn't you like to go back in time to when Neil Diamond and Marvin Gaye were the epitome of cool?

I still enjoy those clips of the Neil Diamond song Sweet Caroline being played to full American football stadiums with people of all ages getting into it decades after Neil had his last hit.

This clip shows Marines returning on the plane from Iraq when they found out the flight attendants name was Caroline.

What a crack up. Would have been a great flight to have been on. 

Seriously, my two favs are on the same album. Coloseum Live, a lengendary album from 1971.

Skellington, which is the whole side of disc one and was the theme  lead song for Radio with Pictures on TV some years back.

On the flip side is Lost Angeles once again the whole side.

Turn it down to deafening and enjoy.

On Friday, 11 March 2016 at 7:00 PM, Steve Paul said:

Rhiannon...Fleetwood Mac.

Steve Nicks is the finest live performer I have ever seen.

Sorry Steve I saw Fleetwood Mac at Athletic Park in 1980 and I rate this concert the worst I have seen. There was a crowd of 35k which gave them a roasting. Stevie Nix was apalling. They decided to go off stage for 20 minutes during the show to have a large " set to " amongst themselves.

On 3/14/2016 at 3:27 PM, globederby12 said:

My all time fav is "the wheels on the bus go round and round"

It has to be because in 10 yrs that's all I will feckin well hear in the old peoples home.

RIP Globe

globe - you Biff and myself may well be in the same home so on those bus trips, when they start singing 'wheels' we can sing from the back of the bus :P