RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Only In NZ.

When are you apathetic buggers going to storm the Bastille? 5 late scr in a listed Breeders stakes and what will be done?..........the race should be re-run..I'm sure the owners of the winner would like to see a fairly run race with all participants having equal opportunity to win........picnic racing in Oz is run better than this, I bet the head honcho in Petone is under his desk, or was he at the races? being a CEO.

Biff my treasure, settle down.  

Why on earth would he be at the races?  Lordie me, probably had a golf game to attend. Or perhaps a latte stop with his mates.

Assuming of course, he has mates. :)

Can't see anything changing in the near future - which is a crying shame.

52 minutes ago, biff said:

When are you apathetic buggers going to storm the Bastille? 5 late scr in a listed Breeders stakes and what will be done?..........the race should be re-run..I'm sure the owners of the winner would like to see a fairly run race with all participants having equal opportunity to win........picnic racing in Oz is run better than this, I bet the head honcho in Petone is under his desk, or was he at the races? being a CEO.

Biff please help us as to what should have happened then?.

1) Are you suggesting the starter should have called a false start?

2) 4 of those late scr were inconvenienced by a milisec at most.

3) 1 horse charged up at the gates affecting those around him as the button was pressed, 4 of them were not easily identifiable as to an issue to long slow replays were displayed.

1 late scr yes, but 4 extras is a push to be honest.

I wouldn't have known until I checked my TAB account if I hadn't have read this Biff. Cheers.

I watched the race as I had backed Thee Auld Floozie and straight after the race (with her running home from a rear position into fourth) I went back and looked at the start. The horse drawn outside her reared and the gates opened and I took note that Danielle didn't move on Thee Auld Hussy to jump her out and as a result was slow away and of course ended up in the rear part of the field. I heard there was an enquiry into the start and went outside to do the paddocks with my earphones on to listen to the last. 

The radio host whilst waiting for the last to jump gave the first four in the Breeders and named Thee Auld Floozie as the fourth horse so I thought she had been declared a runner.

From the stipes report:

Late Scratchings: Race 7 Due to stalls opening slowly, the following horses were declared non-runners: SAVARIA; SOMETHINGVAIN; THEE AULD FLOOZIE; ETERNITY and MOCCONA MIST.

These were the new gates also, so that is a concern. 

4 minutes ago, barryb said:

Biff please help us as to what should have happened then?.

1) Are you suggesting the starter should have called a false start?

2) 4 of those late scr were inconvenienced by a milisec at most.

3) 1 horse charged up at the gates affecting those around him as the button was pressed, 4 of them were not easily identifiable as to an issue to long slow replays were displayed.

1 late scr yes, but 4 extras is a push to be honest.

All of the above Baz, should have called a false start immediately, mili sec or not, it cost a horse a place in running, the run on effect is immediate. IMO of course and it's up for debate, the whole idea is to get people thinking, new gates, hmmm, something going on there then.

Here you go Barry, just for you, with thanks to a very knowledgable gentleman on the ''other side''.

When the start of this race was made, the respective barriers of MAE WEST; ROHAISE; SAVARIA; THEE AULD FLOOZIE; ETERNITY; SOMETHINGVAIN and MOCCONA MIST were slow to open. Resultantly, THEE AULD FLOOZIE; MOCCONA MIST; SAVARIA; and SOMETHINGVAIN were disadvantaged and the barrier of ETERNITY did not open with that runner effectively losing all chance. Following the event Stewards filed a Request for a Ruling with the JCA with respect to SAVARIA; SOMETHINGVAIN; THEE AULD FLOOZIE; ETERNITY and MOCCONA MIST being afforded a fair start. No information was filed with respect to ROHAISE and MAE WEST as these runners were placed 2nd and 3rd and did not fall within the provisions of Rule 632. After hearing from the connections of the affected horses, riders, and Starter G Phillips as well as viewing video footage, the JCA declared SAVARIA; SOMETHINGVAIN; THEE AULD FLOOZIE; ETERNITY and MOCCONA MIST to be non-starters.
The operators of the starting gates would be conducting an upcoming investigation into the reasons why these particular barriers did not open on terms.
The gates were tested prior to the start of race eight.

Well aware of it Biff.

Again I maintain my point, should they have declared the race a non event then?

If its not plainly obvious at the start, to anyone then the right outcome happened Biff.

Even Ted said he went outside because he didn't think anything of it.

17 minutes ago, hedley said:

Thee Auld Floozie that ran 4th, shouldn't've been scratched as it was a component of the first 4 dividend

Agree.

A dividend bearing place are I think the words when deciding whether or not a horse should be scratched or not, as in the circumstances prevailing today! 

That means that it should have been a declared runner, or am I wrong?

50 minutes ago, Insider said:

Agree.

A dividend bearing place are I think the words when deciding whether or not a horse should be scratched or not, as in the circumstances prevailing today! 

That means that it should have been a declared runner, or am I wrong?

No your not wrong, you are right & nice tits by the way:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, biff said:

All good but what happens when the start gates/act of god..(re insurance company's) fail after 2nd,3rd,4th,5th....attempts to get the race underway....night racing may well come back to Avondale yehaa.!!

Anything but an even playing field at the start should result in a no race,it completely changes the dynamics of the event which are crucial for a 'fairer' result,we see enough horses 'tardy' or 'inconvenienced' without errors with the gates as it is...bring back the biff

10 hours ago, mooseman said:

All good but what happens when the start gates/act of god..(re insurance company's) fail after 2nd,3rd,4th,5th....attempts to get the race underway....night racing may well come back to Avondale yehaa.!!

Run properly so it should Moose, it works everywhere else, Christ why is NZ so different, it even works in UK in winter, couldn't organise the winner of a one ticket raffle here.