RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Trump written off

5 hours ago, what a post said:

Do you really think the United States should make their policy decisions based on oversea approval?

That's not what was implied. What has happened in light of Trumps policies is that his allies are being alienated.

It could be America " alone" , if this continues. A dangerous position to be in.

OOpps sorry , forgot to take into consideration the Puppet master. PUTIN.

Are you for real?.

A very significant proportion of NZ's population are employed indirectly because of Chinese expenditure.

Our biggest source of tourists is China, 70000 paying students are Chinese, our biggest export partner is China. Looks like the shitty little country is doing very well on the back of Chinese spending.

No I don't believe in moving away from traditional allies anymore than you do, I am just a little more realistic and understand our economic lifestyle rests with Chinese spending, letting racist rhetoric get ahead of that will see us economically destitute.

All our Eggs were in Britain's basket beforehand, they joined the common market and its taken donkeys years for us to right the ship and go again.

We are far more diverse economically now than 40 yrs ago, I think you have been reading far too many of Winstons press releases and are starting to believe the racist rhetoric he trots out.

9 hours ago, globederby12 said:

That's not what was implied. What has happened in light of Trumps policies is that his allies are being alienated.

They have alienated themselves after years of bludging on the goodwill of USA--Trump has asked them to contribute their fair  level of physical and financial support to global security.

14 minutes ago, barryb said:

I think you have been reading far too many of Winstons press releases and are starting to believe the racist rhetoric he trots out.

He almost had me with the referendum on MPs and Maori seats until the fine print--"only Maoris can vote on the Maori seats issue"--priceless!

9 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Its there for all to see, nz is shit scared to say anything now for fear of our master.....you are obviously a big key/English fan and believe all the crap they rammed down our throats, have you not noticed around the world that cultural diversity doesn't work, you just have to look at Britain america and even Australia to some degree now, 25 years nz will be a south pacific naval base for China, but don't worry we will be culturally diverse and economicly sound!

Yes I am a big Key/English fan, help me with the alternative to them?. There isn't one credible enough to lead.

WTF has trading with the Chinese, having them holiday here & being educated in NZ got to do with Cultural Diversity?.

Really what you are saying is that you don't want shitloads of them living here, news for you neither do I & I am guessing the majority of NZers don't either.

However that doesn't preclude us doing the above activities with them.

15 hours ago, bloke said:

I would have thought that Saudi Arabia would have been near the top of  the list of the countries banned given that it was the birth place/home of Radical Islam and most of the 9/11 terrorists came from there. No he did not ban them he sold them hundreds of Billions worth of weapons.

Why do so many people not "get it" when it is so clear and simple? The ban was instigated against countries that won't/can't supply background on applicants wanting to enter the USA. It is not a ban against countries they just don't take a fancy to. Not only are the left expert hypocrites, they are not bad at parsing any words used to suit their own narrative. What responsibility should the US press have to not make their country look ridiculous by continually attacking the administration because they have a different opinion, rather than simply reporting on them. We are starting to get that from our press as the sports interviewer habit of stating ones own opinion and asking the interviewee if they agree encroaches into the political reporters. Once the press wake up and smell the coffee that reporters are not the celebrities, we should all be better off. The most amazing thing is how bizarre and nasty these PC liberal types actually behave if they don't get their own way. Wow!

51 minutes ago, Littletramp said:

Why do so many people not "get it" when it is so clear and simple? The ban was instigated against countries that won't/can't supply background on applicants wanting to enter the USA. It is not a ban against countries they just don't take a fancy to. Not only are the left expert hypocrites, they are not bad at parsing any words used to suit their own narrative. What responsibility should the US press have to not make their country look ridiculous by continually attacking the administration because they have a different opinion, rather than simply reporting on them. We are starting to get that from our press as the sports interviewer habit of stating ones own opinion and asking the interviewee if they agree encroaches into the political reporters. Once the press wake up and smell the coffee that reporters are not the celebrities, we should all be better off. The most amazing thing is how bizarre and nasty these PC liberal types actually behave if they don't get their own way. Wow!

Trump claimed as part of his election policy that he would effectively put a ban on those entering the USA from all Islamic nations until he could work out what the hell was going on. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic nation that has produced the most radical terrorists.

Its typical bullshit from Trump who says one thing and does another

1 hour ago, barryb said:

All our Eggs were in Britain's basket beforehand, they joined the common market and its taken donkeys years for us to right the ship and go again.

We are far more diverse economically now than 40 yrs ago, I think you have been reading far too many of Winstons press releases and are starting to believe the racist rhetoric he trots out.

Gee you talk rubbish barryb. When we had our eggs in one basket as you put it, it was with the motherland, you know what that means barryb, yes, our own kind, with the same culture, with the same beliefs. China is the opposite to all that. They couldn't give a shit about us. Britain did.

21 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Looks like Trump is doing that all on his own judging by that latest Poll Research that came out of the UK John.

35 out of 37 Countries have a lower opinion of the US due to Trump and his policies, most of these being US allies which is a worry...

Germany down 75 points, UK down 57 points,  Japan down 54 points, South Korea down 71 points,

France down 70 points, Canada down 61 points.

The upside was 2 Countries went up.....Russia up 42 points, and Israel up 7......there's a surprise.

Making America great again....?? :rolleyes:

Thanks for the research Ohoka. Going on what you have discovered, it looks like Trumps policy's are correct. He is making good on his promise to put America first. When these country's that you highlight are happy with America, you can bet your bottom dollar they are screwing America. So we will give Trump full marks on this one.

As an aside, I see NZ is donating a few million of taxpayers money to the pay to play scheme called the Clinton Foundation.

9 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Gee you talk rubbish barryb. When we had our eggs in one basket as you put it, it was with the motherland, you know what that means barryb, yes, our own kind, with the same culture, with the same beliefs. China is the opposite to all that. They couldn't give a shit about us. Britain did.

Britain dropped us you clown, we had to source somewhere else. I couldn't  give a f--k whether they are our own kind or not as you put it, they buy goods off us so we can get by in this world.

Interestingly China is easily Australia's majority trading partner as well, followed by Japan and then Uncle Sam. NZ is 6th on their list ahead of the UK.

We are China, Australia, USA then Japan.

3 minutes ago, barryb said:

Britain dropped us you clown, we had to source somewhere else. I couldn't  give a f--k whether they are our own kind or not as you put it, they buy goods off us so we can get by in this world.

Interestingly China is easily Australia's majority trading partner as well, followed by Japan and then Uncle Sam. NZ is 6th on their list ahead of the UK.

We are China, Australia, USA then Japan.

Now now barryb, please stop the name calling. This thread is for adults with political views on Donald Trump, arguably the greatest President ever. Now please control yourself and stop the name calling.

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

China is the opposite to all that. They couldn't give a shit about us

Agree totally Aqua. Once they have us tied up with our precious trade deals, they then have the ability to say "hey, take our inferior quality steel, take our inferior quality cladding(aka London)' etc. If you don't then we will strangle you and your trade deals. Is NZ going to then tell China to get stuffed?. I don't think so.

We are being sold down the river big time.

Good for you FU, have you been to the countries that the Yanks have farked up?

There are a shit load of them so chances are you have.

What about the mistakes the Poms/Europeans have made? an equal amount if not more that have resulted in problems around the world

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-25299553

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/09/the-dividing-of-a-continent-africas-separatist-problem/262171/

Stop talking racist crap that has fark all basis of fact. 

10 hours ago, aquaman said:

Thanks for the research Ohoka. Going on what you have discovered, it looks like Trumps policy's are correct. He is making good on his promise to put America first. When these country's that you highlight are happy with America, you can bet your bottom dollar they are screwing America. So we will give Trump full marks on this one.

As an aside, I see NZ is donating a few million of taxpayers money to the pay to play scheme called the Clinton Foundation.

Mmm....we'll see whether an isolationist policy turns out to be the best thing for all Americans down the track.

14 hours ago, barryb said:

Are you for real?.

A very significant proportion of NZ's population are employed indirectly because of Chinese expenditure.

Our biggest source of tourists is China, 70000 paying students are Chinese, our biggest export partner is China. Looks like the shitty little country is doing very well on the back of Chinese spending.

No I don't believe in moving away from traditional allies anymore than you do, I am just a little more realistic and understand our economic lifestyle rests with Chinese spending, letting racist rhetoric get ahead of that will see us economically destitute.

Thought you were making a fair argument until you pulled out the racist card.  Its reasonable  to have concerns about our politicians and those driving our trade aligning themselves closer with every step with the Communist party of China .  

4 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes the yanks and Europeans have made a mess of most things in the past, I'm not dispelling that, so its racists if I say Chinese, but its not racist when you say yanks or POM's? That's the problem with the p.c people of today they label everyone racist that doesn't agree with their shit philosophy

I am far from PC mate, I can assure you.

You cranked out the racist card when your arguement has no basis other than they are different to you.

9 minutes ago, what a post said:

Thought you were making a fair argument until you pulled out the racist card.  Its reasonable  to have concerns about our politicians and those driving our trade aligning themselves closer with every step with the Communist party of China .  

Absolutely agreed, however what's in NZ's best interests as an alternative.

Wait for the yanks to agree to a free trade deal? Ain't going to happen in the next 20 yrs is it.

What would you have us do instead? Sit back and let the Aussies cream the Chinese market instead of us?.

Oh my god, How the fark does not liking Trump make me a racist?.

I am with you and I don't like what the Chinese are doing around the world either. You are claiming stuff about myself that is pure speculation on your behalf &  far from reality. My views are not that far removed from yours.

But I am a realist and know that we have people here who need jobs, etc  In the current climate that need is best served selling produce to Asia.

Just out of interest, do you feel the same about the rising super power in India, in no short time they will eclipse China in Population and economic powerhouse. The current border dispute between the 2 will be very interesting to see how that plays out.

7 minutes ago, barryb said:

Absolutely agreed, however what's in NZ's best interests as an alternative.

Wait for the yanks to agree to a free trade deal? Ain't going to happen in the next 20 yrs is it.

What would you have us do instead? Sit back and let the Aussies cream the Chinese market instead of us?.

Take the dairy industry as an example.        How much of their recent crisis was a result of their reliance on the Chinese. 

One thing that is obvious. The average family in nz is struggling a little bit more as each year goes by.If this push to  align ourselves with the Chinese trade wise is working, why aren't the average New Zealanders seeing many of the benefits. 

Its not all about the Chinese  or overseas ownership. its really also about policies like whether you believe our government should allow employers to import seasonal labor to displace locals, so as to return greater profits for those with the money,many of those being from overseas.  Also its a well known fact that overseas seasonal labor send so much of their earnings back home instead of having it circulated in the local economy. It is those policies which are making the  gap in wealth even greater. 

Whether you want to accept it or not, Donald Trump has stated time and again he is about improving the lives of the average American, not whats best for people from other countries, americans first and he believes one of the keys to achieving  that is to create more jobs while at the same time trying to give preference to American citizens in the job market..  Its a shame that so many condemn him without giving him a fair go and without allowing time to see whether his policies will succeed.

Strange I thought the dairy industries problems were purely on the back of American and European over supply/stock piling issues, creating a market & pricing glut.

Are you sure those overseas seasonal workers are displacing Kiwis or are they filling a need where Kiwis are not prepared too?.

I was sure I read about huge surpluses, more spending on welfare, hospitals, schools, roads, infrastructure, defence, EQ rebuilds, tax cuts coming.

Sure we all know housing is farked, but that's not confined to our shores alone. However I note that the topic keeps shooting itself in the foot, whenever its broadcast on the news. Only tonight the topic was again aired and it made reference to a family of 10 living in a motel, how many around the country thought like me and said to themselves who the fark has a family with 10 in it today & expect someone else to pick up the tab.