RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Trump written off

On 15/07/2017 at 7:37 PM, globederby12 said:

While we are on the subject:), why don't we run a poll on who is in agreement and those who disagree with Mr Trumps Presidential performance so far. Or put another way ,those that would have voted for him and those that would not have.

I'm sure there are plenty of Racecafe viewers out there watching this forum, from different Nationalities including AmericanI

I am happy to come out of the Trump closet and nail my colours to the mast. I would not have voted for Donald Trump and look on in disbelief at the manner in which he carries on.

When the US electioneering was taking place in 2016, I felt Donald Trump presented like a cartoon character in The Simpsons or Family Guy. The false hair, the plastic wife, the name calling of opponents, the grandiose promises, etc. I'd chuckle away and think, "All good for a bit of a laugh." I thought everyone was in on the laugh.

Then the American public went and elected him. Like the majority of NZ's I thought, "How could they possibly do that?" 

Now I'm asking "What does it say about American's, that they could elect a President such as Donald Trump?" He's continued to call people names, to tweet unsubstantiated claims (basically to tell lies), to put his family in places of high office, etc. 

For me, I feel NZ seriously needs to consider how closely we want to be aligned to a country with Donald Trump as their leader, knowing that the American people voted him into office.

33 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

The only reason Trump deferred his trip was because he didn't want to tell a lie and say that Mrs May kept herself in good shape.

Why not Crusty, he lies about everything else

I've always followed Donald Trumps career. No one can deny prior to going into politics he had been very,very successful in business. There can be no denying that. Clearly that was his focus prior to running and becoming president. Now his focus has shifted to doing whats best for his country and the average American family. Love him or hate him, everything he does seems focused on improving the lives of americans.   Its so simple. That's what  people voted. America first.  I used to think people who did not support him disliked his personality,but clearly the longer he is there the more it becomes evident that he threatens systems previously in place,and threatens the power base that goes with it.  Its understandable that many have a negative opinion of him here as all you ever get is one sided media coverage. The latest poll in America I saw this week had only 12% of americans thinking the media was doing a good job and not much more in the trusted stakes.  Those stories are regurgitated world wide,Americans recognize what their media is doing, unfortunately  many ,including those in  nz do not recognize the biased they are being feed. At the end of the day he should be judged on results,not his personality.

10 minutes ago, what a post said:

I've always followed Donald Trumps career. No one can deny prior to going into politics he had been very,very successful in business. There can be no denying that. Clearly that was his focus prior to running and becoming president. Now his focus has shifted to doing whats best for his country and the average American family. Love him or hate him, everything he does seems focused on improving the lives of americans.   Its so simple. That's what  people voted. America first.  I used to think people who did not support him disliked his personality,but clearly the longer he is there the more it becomes evident that he threatens systems previously in place,and threatens the power base that goes with it.  Its understandable that many have a negative opinion of him here as all you ever get is one sided media coverage. The latest poll in America I saw this week had only 12% of americans thinking the media was doing a good job and not much more in the trusted stakes.  Those stories are regurgitated world wide,Americans recognize what their media is doing, unfortunately  many ,including those in  nz do not recognize the biased they are being feed. At the end of the day he should be judged on results,not his personality.

Want to start listing those results WAP..??? Repealing Obamacare through yet ? Wall started ? Tax cuts ? Suggest you read that poll result a few posts back....even the dimwits who voted for this clown are now starting to see the light....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, what a post said:

including those in  nz do not recognize the biased they are being feed

I would call that drawing a long bow WAP. Some of us have been around since the days of Vietnam where we were fed "misinformation" ,and it does the average NZ,er an injustice to say they don't recognise the bias. Personally I don't think he will achieve much at all apart from being divisive and pitting American against American.

I shall stay in touch with my American friends to test the waters along the way.

Haven't heard those jet engines start up yet;)

3 hours ago, what a post said:

His business career is a bit erratic and he started with a leg up. But yes he has had success as well.

His popularity in the States is going down - so it's not just NZ.

Lots to dislike about him and those surrounding him. Looks like a train wreck going somewhere to me ... we shall see

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Want to start listing those results WAP..??? Repealing Obamacare through yet ? Wall started ? Tax cuts ? Suggest you read that poll result a few posts back....even the dimwits who voted for this clown are now starting to see the light....:rolleyes:

Stock market at record levels, Surge in business optimism,Withdrew from tpp, Stood up for law enforcement,Positive changes in veterans affairs, Plans to destroy criminal cartels,Illegal border crossings dropped significantly,Rolled back unnecessary regulations particularly for manufacturers,Unemployment dropped,Plants and manufacturers moving back to us, Stood up for religious groups rights, has not pandered to those with gender issues Supreme court judge appointment Just some of the most obvious, oh and lets not forget just recently he has helped miss usa 2006 to get sober....what a guy.. Once Obama care is replaced he will then deliver on his other promises. Thats his party slow walking that issue.  

3 hours ago, globederby12 said:

I would call that drawing a long bow WAP. Some of us have been around since the days of Vietnam where we were fed "misinformation" ,and it does the average NZ,er an injustice to say they don't recognise the bias. Personally I don't think he will achieve much at all apart from being divisive and pitting American against American.

I shall stay in touch with my American friends to test the waters along the way.

Haven't heard those jet engines start up yet;)

Strange you blame Trump for pitting American against American since he became president. Obviously we see things different there as I thought it obvious the democrats and the media have been and still are trying to do this.   Americans have shown in polls they recognize the media bias, and I have no doubt the same one sided reporting is influencing nz ers opinions.

Remember under Obama the rich got richer and the gap between those that have and those that don't got greater.Even the democrats agree many of their foreign policies were failures.

As a final comment,i agree with trumps and winstons views that bringing in large numbers of foreign labour is not whats best for either country. I will give you an example of how they are exploited and how they drive down pay rates.   In one of our local rest homes,a good sized one, you rarely see a local apart from the manager.  Because they had been on the minimum wage and been under staffed all the locals left,replaced one by one with people from india and the philippines. Very nice people and hard workers willing to accept poor pay rates and pressure of being understaffed just to get residency.  Well I was talking to one of them I know today and commented to them that they would be welcoming the recent pay rise.   Well it turns out yes they did get the pay rise,but guess what,they had all had their hours cut so in reality they were not getting anymore in wages. I had been  told(by several) they were already under staffed, and now it seems they will be even moreso. I asked the person why they put up with such a situation and was told they had no choice as to look for work elsewhere would require another  work visa application with no guarantee of it being approved. I was told many were already on the road to being burnt out,but they would soldier on as what choice did they have.   

1 minute ago, what a post said:

Stock market at record levels, Surge in business optimism,Withdrew from tpp, Stood up for law enforcement,Positive changes in veterans affairs, Plans to destroy criminal cartels,Illegal border crossings dropped significantly,Rolled back unnecessary regulations particularly for manufacturers,Unemployment dropped,Plants and manufacturers moving back to us, Stood up for religious groups rights, has not pandered to those with gender issues Just some of the most obvious, oh and lets not forget just recently he has helped miss usa 2006 to get sober....what a guy.. Once Obama care is replaced he will then deliver on his other promises. Thats his party slow walking that issue.  

The economy had been improving for some time...nothing to do with Trump. And none of the other things are any of the major campaign pledges...just peripheral fluff. Ask some of his voters if they have seen any change in their lives. The reality is this administration is inexperienced, naive, and ill prepared for Government. Saying "we're going to.." is quite different from actually delivering. They can't even get their own party to agree enough on their disastrous Obamacare replacement dream. Hardly a surprise to someone who said " Who knew it was so difficult..?" Every fucker except Donald apparently.  And because some GOP members are finally realising they are onto a crucifixion to nothing come next elections if this passes. The comedy continues...:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, what a post said:

Strange you blame Trump for pitting American against American since he became president. Obviously we see things different there as I thought it obvious the democrats and the media have been and still are trying to do this.   Americans have shown in polls they recognize the media bias, and I have no doubt the same one sided reporting is influencing nz ers opinions.

Remember under Obama the rich got richer and the gap between those that have and those that don't got greater.Even the democrats agree many of their foreign policies were failures.

As a final comment,i agree with trumps and winstons views that bringing in large numbers of foreign labour is not whats best for either country. I will give you an example of how they are exploited and how they drive down pay rates.   In one of our local rest homes,a good sized one, you rarely see a local apart from the manager.  Because they had been on the minimum wage and been under staffed all the locals left,replaced one by one with people from india and the philippines. Very nice people and hard workers willing to accept poor pay rates and pressure of being understaffed just to get residency.  Well I was talking to one of them I know today and commented to them that they would be welcoming the recent pay rise.   Well it turns out yes they did get the pay rise,but guess what,they had all had their hours cut so in reality they were not getting anymore in wages. I had been  told(by several) they were already under staffed, and now it seems they will be even moreso. I asked the person why they put up with such a situation and was told they had no choice as to look for work elsewhere would require another  work visa application with no guarantee of it being approved. I was told many were already on the road to being burnt out,but they would soldier on as what choice did they have.   

I see the idiot  has deregulated Banks to a far more significant level than before the 2007 /08 meltdown. Next time a meltdown occurs and it will, the economy  will be plunged  into much more strife than last time.

Stood up for religious groups rights,

Yes and then potentially destroyed it by his immigration policy which has forced a groundswell of Churches all over America (800 or so) taking in immigrants that are in imminent danger of being sent home. And they do this in contravention of the Law even if immigration have a policy of not entering places of Worship. He is very divisive

failures.

As a final comment,i agree with trumps and winstons views that bringing in large numbers of foreign labour is not whats best for either country.

That depends on what skills they have . If you take my industry for example (builders, plumbers, gasfitters, etc)  we have had a large period of time ,probably the last 15 odd years where we have not got people into trades, and there is a huge hole to fill up as us older ones retire or do something less physical. Typical Govt shortsightedness and now we are paying the price. To build the amount of homes we keep hearing about, including the associated infrastructure, is pie in the sky bullshit. And that doesn't take into consideration maintaining the existing infrastructure. Auckland will be basket case in 20 yrs,,if not already, unless we import qualified tradesmen to fill the gap .I have heard some interesting stories about the building going on in Auckland by a certain nationality who pay scant regard for rules or regulations.

2 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

It is easy to look into another countries politics and believe all the bullshit you are fed by anti government media. Trump is starting to deliver on things he promised like it or hate it, Obama was a puppet and did f... All. He was smooth and well spoken but didn't achieve much.

Bollocks. There is more bullshit coming out of the White House than any media outlet. Trump couldn't lie straight in bed. And deliver what exactly...none of his major promises have happened, and not likely to....

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

That depends on what skills they have . If you take my industry for example (builders, plumbers, gasfitters, etc)  we have had a large period of time ,probably the last 15 odd years where we have not got people into trades, and there is a huge hole to fill up as us older ones retire or do something less physical. Typical Govt shortsightedness and now we are paying the price. To build the amount of homes we keep hearing about, including the associated infrastructure, is pie in the sky bullshit. And that doesn't take into consideration maintaining the existing infrastructure. Auckland will be basket case in 20 yrs,,if not already, unless we import qualified tradesmen to fill the gap .I have heard some interesting stories about the building going on in Auckland by a certain nationality who pay scant regard for rules or regulations.

Agree with what you say there.  I'm not an expert on housing but I can follow simple maths. If you have more people immigrating to this country with the majority going into the Auckland districts and houses aren't being built at a rate that keeps up with the demand then you get a housing shortage. The first step surely in reducing demand would be to reduce immigration.  Supply and demand, quite simple. 

its the same with jobs. If you create a market where a certain % of those looking for work are willing to accept low wages(overseas labour often seasonal)  then you will have employers paying lower wages and actively seeking those cheaper employees. That's why wages only went up on average 1.6%.  With the consumer price index going up 2.2% in the last 12 months you can see why those at the bottom are  struggling a little more.   That's why I like Winston,i believe he will spread the wealth better than national while still encouraging people to work.

12 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Bollocks. There is more bullshit coming out of the White House than any media outlet. Trump couldn't lie straight in bed. And deliver what exactly...none of his major promises have happened, and not likely to....

Bollocks. All the bullshit is from the flacky left, lieing fake media, and swamp dwellers with an agenda, and not to forget crooked Hillary and the corrupt Clinton machine. Get your facts right. You wouldn't know the truth if you fell over it. You have know idea who Trump is, what he stands for, and what he is achieving.

I await your cheap nasty cut and paste attack.

13 hours ago, bloke said:

I see the idiot  has deregulated Banks to a far more significant level than before the 2007 /08 meltdown. Next time a meltdown occurs and it will, the economy  will be plunged  into much more strife than last time.

That is not correct.Trump hasn't even finalised his team to investigate deregulation laws.Comfirmation of appointees won't be taking place until after the August recess.

Plenty of press on this subject but only speculation at this stage.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Bollocks. All the bullshit is from the flacky left, lieing fake media, and swamp dwellers with an agenda, and not to forget crooked Hillary and the corrupt Clinton machine. Get your facts right. You wouldn't know the truth if you fell over it. You have know idea who Trump is, what he stands for, and what he is achieving.

I await your cheap nasty cut and paste attack.

And I doubt you do either. He has achieved nothing, incompetent Clown who doesn't have the intelligence. The only thing he has done is make America a joke in the World. If the Democrats ever get their act together and put up a half decent candidate ( who I have no idea ) it is there for the taking. You can be sure of one thing, the millions of voters who didn't bother to turn up last time, sure as hell will when it matters.

Lying is spelt this way by the way.....and it's no not know....we appreciate the average Yank is not that bright. 

Look at that..not a paste in sight....;)

22 hours ago, what a post said:

I used to think people who did not support him disliked his personality,but clearly the longer he is there the more it becomes evident that he threatens systems previously in place,and threatens the power base that goes with it. 

No, I strongly dislike his personality; first and foremost. Any system he might be threatening means little to me. For me he is the epitome of the crass, bullying Yank.

46 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

No, I strongly dislike his personality; first and foremost. Any system he might be threatening means little to me. For me he is the epitome of the crass, bullying Yank.

Absolutely Uriah. He cannot grasp the fact that being President of the World's most powerful country requires diplomacy, tact, negotiation skills and other nuances far beyond his abilities. Dealing with other World leaders like you are talking to some property developer on the Lower East Side is never going to work, despite the rhetoric and general bullshit. Whether you liked Obama or not, and the redneck racists certainly didn't, one thing he did bring to the White House was class, decorum, intelligence and a positive profile for the US. Did he get everything right, no, of course not, who does...? Considering the mob he had against him, it is a wonder they achieved anything. Now look at what they have got.....:rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, Uriah Heap said:

While I don't agree, your statement says why you dislike him. They are not character traits which would prevent him from being very successful. I suspect others on here feel the same and is the reason in some minds for them to rubbish everything he does. Theres a flaw in that argument.

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

What a shithole they live in....Cops shooting unarmed women in their pyjamas...talk about fucked up....

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/335296/australian-bride-to-be-shot-dead-by-us-police

That might explain why Aqua and his ilk have scuttled away to better places.....:rolleyes:

So this has turned into an an anti USA thread now or was the police officer under orders from trump? 

2 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

That is not correct.Trump hasn't even finalised his team to investigate deregulation laws.Comfirmation of appointees won't be taking place until after the August recess.

Plenty of press on this subject but only speculation at this stage.

We are both partially corrrect Crusty. It has passed through House and is expected to be passed through Senate.

In NZ there is  a Duty Of Care which Banks must follow. If a customer cannot demonstrate that a loan can be serviced then it should be declined. If a Bank does not do this and a complaint is made, the Banking Ombudsman is likely to rule that the Bank must compensate the customer. In the USA Banks can lend money without having to worry if the customer can afford to repay the loan. This was a contributing factor  for the 2007 meltdown

1 hour ago, what a post said:

So this has turned into an an anti USA thread now or was the police officer under orders from trump? 

No, just a comment on the unnecessary, awful situation. I'm sure the Australians are impressed.

More shock, horror Globe. They can't get the Healthcare Bill passed....:lol:

They might have to grovel to the Democrats to get a bi-partisan agreement.

They have no clue...remember Trumps bullshit.."we'll come up with something so great, and it will be so, so easy...."

Apparently not.....:rolleyes: