RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

Trump written off

14 hours ago, globederby12 said:

I gave him a year, and said so with a bottle of wine on the line  . I stand by my opinion. The guys a complete idiot , attached to strings pulled by those with an agenda . and that includes Putin.

No ,wrong Crusty. A minority voted him in based on a flawed electoral system. The majority didn't want him. The World sits by watching and laughing their arses off at this level of incompetency by the leader of a quickly fading major power. China is in the ascendancy, might pay to learn Mandarin guys.  

I am presuming that if Clinton had won based on the same flawed electoral system,it would have been ok.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Only a flawed electoral system according to you. The very same system has been around since the founding fathers created the Constitution. You really are silly with these wacky statements. It was created this way for very good reason, and has stood the test of time. Our very own electoral system is not based on a popular vote. Our old system was much the same as the US system in as much that the country is divided into electorates and not a popular vote. So please get it right Globe. Donald Trump won the election in a landslide, under a system that has operated for at least 300yrs. How stupid is it, that when things do not go the way you want it, then you blame the system of voting. I will repeat just for you Globe, the system of voting in the USA is, each State is worth so many seats according to size population etc. California and New York have the most seats, and they are firmly Democratic, yet Donald still won the election because he got everything in between.

And what a good President he is proving to be. I hate to disappoint you Globe, but one yr will fly by, and he will go on to win the next election in 3 yrs with an even greater majority, that is if he decides to stand again. My gut feeling is, he may have had enough of putting up with the rubbish that he and his family have been subjected to by an ungrateful twisted snowflake minority, and hand over to his able Vice President Mike Pence to run on the Republican ticket.

The list of achievements thus far by the Trump Administration is to long to list here.

There's a Tui Ad with that last line....;)

41 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

I am presuming that if Clinton had won based on the same flawed electoral system,it would have been ok.

Flawed it is Crusty....she got several million more votes and lost. Why is a mid American vote worth more...??

15 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Flawed it is Crusty....she got several million more votes and lost. Why is a mid American vote worth more...??

Clinton had the opportunity to push for change to the electoral college system when she was first lady and senator for New York  and so did Obama and a lot of other prominent Americans,however she didn't pursue it.Reid Gore,Biden and a host of high ranking Democrats were against it.Not the only reason for not pushing for it but one of them.

5 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Clinton had the opportunity to push for change to the electoral college system when she was first lady and senator for New York  and so did Obama and a lot of other prominent Americans,however she didn't pursue it.Reid Gore,Biden and a host of high ranking Democrats were against it.Not the only reason for not pushing for it but one of them.

And they will not change it now, even if, in the unlikely event the Dems win the next election. Why, because the Supreme Court is now stacked with Conservative Judges, and in all likelihood will be this way for the next 30yrs. The Constitution is in safe hands.

7 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Not at all Crusty. I have no time for the Clintons either. I merely watch this circus as an apolitical observer.

9 hours ago, aquaman said:

The very same system has been around since the founding fathers created the Constitution.

Does that somehow make it a sound and robust system then, given the changed demographics since its inception. Some would say not at all.

We all know that Constitutions need to be really thought out properly. And the classic example of this is "The right to bear arms". Might have sounded fine back then, but the horse has bolted on that one.

You keep on following the Leader mate. Good luck, you will need it.

40K killed by guns every year in that stuffed up country. A mate of mine went to visit his daughter in Austin Texas. Whilst he was enjoying a burger in MacDonalds some clown came in showing off an automatic weapon so my mate got out quickly and lost his appetite for the burger.

He later told some yank of his experience  who was bemused and stated "well he is only exercising his second amendment rights". What a screwed up country run by a fuckwit.

7 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

and he will go on to win the next election in 3 yrs

Really??

43 minutes ago, aquaman said:

even if, in the unlikely event the Dems win the next election.

Contradicted yourself ??

You really do have to stop these silly wacky unsubstantiated predictions .

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Jeez...don't include me in those quotes Globe....:o

Sorry that was my slip up. It was taken out of the wrong post. Please accept my apology's

While we are on the subject:), why don't we run a poll on who is in agreement and those who disagree with Mr Trumps Presidential performance so far. Or put another way ,those that would have voted for him and those that would not have.

I'm sure there are plenty of Racecafe viewers out there watching this forum, from different Nationalities including American.

I'm not tech savy enough unfortunately to set up  poll, but would greatly appreciate anyone who is interested.

Would be interesting to test the waters, apart from reading the few on here including myself, rabbiting on ad nauseum.

15 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Does that somehow make it a sound and robust system then, given the changed demographics since its inception. Some would say not at all.

We all know that Constitutions need to be really thought out properly. And the classic example of this is "The right to bear arms". Might have sounded fine back then, but the horse has bolted on that one.

You keep on following the Leader mate. Good luck, you will need it.

I will tackle this post later, no time at the moment. But I will explain why the voting system in the USA, which was created by the founding Fathers, is and was well thought out in the beginning, and is even more relevant today.

58 minutes ago, aquaman said:

I will tackle this post later, no time at the moment. But I will explain why the voting system in the USA, which was created by the founding Fathers, is and was well thought out in the beginning, and is even more relevant today.

Pretty straightforward...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-27/us-electoral-college-explainer/7787472

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You miss the point as usual hoka. Why the elect college is the way it is, this is the point. You yourself asked the question, is a middle America vote worth more than an East Coast vote, or California vote, probably is.

This for Globe also. When the founding Fathers were creating the system, they were mindful of the fact that urban dwellers might one day end up with all the political power at the expense of rural people. They had the foresight that there would come a day that Cities and urban dwellers would outnumber rural people that provide the food. So they designed the college system to make sure neither could dominate. How clever they were, because as we now know, the 20th century saw a massive shift from rural to urban living, and it is going on unchecked to this day. If they hadn't set it up the way it is, States like California and NewYork would always control the seats of power. So in summation, a middle American vote is probably worth more than an East or West Coast vote in the scheme of things. Donald Trumps victory is testimony to this fact. They wanted to protect the hinterland, the farms, the countryside, and if all the power went to the main population areas, then it would be at the cost of the farmers.

Hope this gives you and your mate Globe an insight as to why.

16 minutes ago, aquaman said:

You miss the point as usual hoka. Why the elect college is the way it is, this is the point. You yourself asked the question, is a middle America vote worth more than an East Coast vote, or California vote, probably is.

This for Globe also. When the founding Fathers were creating the system, they were mindful of the fact that urban dwellers might one day end up with all the political power at the expense of rural people. They had the foresight that there would come a day that Cities and urban dwellers would outnumber rural people that provide the food. So they designed the college system to make sure neither could dominate. How clever they were, because as we now know, the 20th century saw a massive shift from rural to urban living, and it is going on unchecked to this day. If they hadn't set it up the way it is, States like California and NewYork would always control the seats of power. So in summation, a middle American vote is probably worth more than an East or West Coast vote in the scheme of things. Donald Trumps victory is testimony to this fact. They wanted to protect the hinterland, the farms, the countryside, and if all the power went to the main population areas, then it would be at the cost of the farmers.

Hope this gives you and your mate Globe an insight as to why.

Yes, we know all that. Seems to me it was set up by country folk to protect country folk. That is why you still have voting only on a Tuesday as it was way back then, as it was the only day Farmers had free from growing crops, going to and from market in their horse drawn buggies etc....whether that is still applicable in a supposedly modern 21st Century Country is the debatable point. Personally I think they should overhaul the whole system, including getting rid of the ridiculous situation where elected State individuals are making final decisions based on personal preferences or along party lines. I doubt though that either party has the fortitude or desire to take on the challenge...it would be controversial whatever they did.

10 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Yes, we know all that. Seems to me it was set up by country folk to protect country folk. That is why you still have voting only on a Tuesday as it was way back then, as it was the only day Farmers had free from growing crops, going to and from market in their horse drawn buggies etc....whether that is still applicable in a supposedly modern 21st Century Country is the debatable point. Personally I think they should overhaul the whole system, including getting rid of the ridiculous situation where elected State individuals are making final decisions based on personal preferences or along party lines. I doubt though that either party has the fortitude or desire to take on the challenge...it would be controversial whatever they did.

What do you mean by "we know all that". You clearly didn't, otherwise you would not have asked the question, is a middle America vote worth more. Neither you or Globe know anything about the college system of voting, as you keep going on about the popular vote being the pivotal factor as to why Clinton should of won. The explanation that I have given answers this. It also answers your question.

25 minutes ago, aquaman said:

What do you mean by "we know all that". You clearly didn't, otherwise you would not have asked the question, is a middle America vote worth more. Neither you or Globe know anything about the college system of voting, as you keep going on about the popular vote being the pivotal factor as to why Clinton should of won. The explanation that I have given answers this. It also answers your question.

You are a pedantic prick at times John. We know who set the College up and now why. The question I posed was a rhetorical one that needed a response. Plenty of Americans have asked the same question, including friends of mine who live there, so it is hardly a new one..I still wonder why the hell you live here rather than the great country you profess to love so much.....:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

You are a pedantic prick at times John. We know who set the College up and now why. The question I posed was a rhetorical one that needed a response. Plenty of Americans have asked the same question, including friends of mine who live there, so it is hardly a new one..I still wonder why the hell you live here rather than the great country you profess to love so much.....:rolleyes:

He is set in stone with blinkers on Ohokaman.  A waste of time trying to get him to think outside the " America will be great again under Trump" . Thoroughly indoctrinated.

Thanks to my love of American muscle automobiles , I also have friends in the States and the vast majority stand by aghast at Trump and his minions . Unfortunately they have to suck it up. Well until the next election anyway.

I shall listen for the sound of jet engines as Aqua wings it back to the promised land. :wacko:

Just watched an interview on Aljazerra (upfront) with Naiomi Klein,(writer & activist).

She was a supporter of Sanders and said that Sanders lost the nomination because Clinton had 90% of the black vote.

She then went on to say that the media are obsessed with Trump and Russia instead of concentrating on the smaller problems that affect the ordinary American that Trump claims to represent.

She said that MSNBC news at the moment is 90% of Trump and Russia.

Good interview but only lasted 15 minutes.

All the Trump haters would have loved listening to John(big mouth) Dyvbig last nite on R'adio Live.

He was so indignant that Russia was interferring in American politics.He was outraged even using unsuitable words on the radio.

Hey Mr Smartmouth,don't you remember South America,The Middle East,Africa,parts of Europe,and the Pacific.Pinochet,Shah of Iran are just 2 names of your many puppets that fucked their own people.

Get a life you failed basketball coach,having a big loud mouth doesn't make you qaulified to preach to anyone especially considering how many times the Americans have backed losers.

Well said Crusty. So hypocritical of anybody to be aghast that Russia should have the temerity to interfere with the American election, when the Americans lead the way in regime change by any method. It was only recently that they interfered with the Israelie election under the useless Obama. F#ck, these snowflakes believe anything. One only needs to look here to see how gullible people are, believing anything spoon fed to them by a corrupt, lieing, fake media.

I see that Trump has deferred his trip to Britain because he cannot be guaranteed a warm welcome.

Those Poms know a dickhead when they see one and they will be lining up to remind him including Fleet Street.

8 minutes ago, bloke said:

I see that Trump has deferred his trip to Britain because he cannot be guaranteed a warm welcome.

Those Poms know a dickhead when they see one and they will be lining up to remind him including Fleet Street.

The only reason Trump deferred his trip was because he didn't want to tell a lie and say that Mrs May kept herself in good shape.