RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JOHNRYAN

RIU Pick On The Little Guy

Me too :)  I love Luk.. he loves his horses..he adores harness racing and is the loveliest man..  His strike rate for starters at Alex Park... with placings and dividends paid must be huge... he's not the best driver in the world even he'd confess that.. but it's not the point.. the Doc is definitely an Alex Park ledge :)

2 hours ago, Shad said:

Think conan ridden by greg caird Eddie lowe son inlaw. Not sure though

Correct. Conan had 78 starts and was ridden by Greg Caird in 77 of them. the other ride was by Cheryle Barnsley.

Tito Poblete is best remembered for his rides on Little Brown Jug.  

2 hours ago, Trident said:

I should stick to harness. I remember Tito being associated with a very good horse.

To be fair Little Brown Jug was a very good horse - one of my favs at that time.

Kakama - am I right in recalling you and I having a  boozy evening at a pub with Tito ???

What do you make of his drive on Djokovic tonight?

Could have clearly had the trail the whole way but tried to get to the front for what I thought was an excessive amount of time when the lead was clearly not there for him, why he didn't want the trail the whole race I don't know, his other runner with a more competent driver won the race so maybe he should give others a drive on his horses more often?

It probably did well to stick on for its 4th placing considering the work he made it do.

9 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

What do you make of his drive on Djokovic tonight?

Could have clearly had the trail the whole way but tried to get to the front for what I thought was an excessive amount of time when the lead was clearly not there for him, why he didn't want the trail the whole race I don't know, his other runner with a more competent driver won the race so maybe he should give others a drive on his horses more often?

It probably did well to stick on for its 4th placing considering the work he made it do.

I have to agree I had a punt on commander Paris who got his throat cut by Chin.  It seemed odd he didn't want to trail especially after it was obvious the lead wasn't there. 

I suppose the hot speed set it up for something coming from back a bit.  Race perfectly run to suit his other stable runner 

I remember reading Luk Chin say that Djokovic doesn't like it in behind when the speed goes off. He is prone to having a gallop in behind but you guys would know this already of course.  Luk just came out when Todd put the breaks on to keep the pace on to suit both his horses. You don't see Luk ease off much with his breed when he's in front. They like to bowl along.

Top driving when it gets you first and fourth anyway.