RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
2Piper

Addington 2400m Starting Position

In Race 3 last night this starting point was used and it nearly produced a disaster for horse and driver. Horses need more time to balance up before a change of direction than what was given to the participants in this event especially when a standing start is used. There is a greater chance of breaking horses . Hope they do away with this stating position forever..

Totally agree.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

They persist with the mile racing even though no one seems to want it, and that starting position last night was quite dangerous right on the bend and the 2 horses that got cleaned up were lucky not to go over the outside fence.

All designed to capture the crowd who are over the fence at that starting point. Totally nuts I agree. Not dissimilar to the crazy start point for the mile at Addington. Some very odd decisions in the sport at times. Great win Costa Del Magnifico though. Looked thrown in to a C1 race to be fair as a 4 race winner.

I don't mind the mile start point at Addington. Nothing wrong with it.

Most of the qualifying heats used to be 2400 stands at Addington.

At the end of the day don't you all think that every race depends on the trainers? They nominate for these races don't they? Then it is up to the club to decide whether they made more money from them and then go from there.

Race Café posters really do hold themselves in a very high regard on all racing topics. There are lots of races. You don't have to bet on all of them if you don't like them.

8 hours ago, WhoKnows said:

Totally agree.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

They persist with the mile racing even though no one seems to want it, and that starting position last night was quite dangerous right on the bend and the 2 horses that got cleaned up were lucky not to go over the outside fence.

"if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Yep ah ha that's why stakes are crap and the racing board and HRNZ are cutting back on race meetings over the next few years.

Nothing broken?

I think It's good that they are trying different things.

it was Xmas at the races meeting so many there to celebrate the holiday season with workmates etc. I've been to Addington a few times throughout the year and having room for the ordinary punter has been lacking on quite a few occassions as private functions have limited access for us regulars.

Sorry, but as far as I know there is no stand being built.

A motel complex is being built where the old stand was!