RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

FA Cup tipping comp - Round 1 entry thread (and draw)

Please post your selections here.  Please post the horse's number as that is what I enter into the scoring spreadsheet.  You're welcome to post names as well but I don't need those and in the event that your number and name don't correspond (not thinking of any offenders in particular here), I will be using the number you posted.  

See separate thread for Rules.  One horse per race and one best bet.  Please note rule about unique selections if you post after your opponent.

Races are as follows:

1. Wanganui R3 - 1.35pm

2. Ellerslie R3 - 1.55pm 

3. Ellerslie R5 - 3.09pm

4. Ellerslie R6 - 3.46pm 

5. Wanganui R7 - 4.02pm

6. Ellerslie R7 - 4.21pm 

7. Wanganui R8 - 4.37pm 

8. Ellerslie R8 - 4.56pm

9. Wanganui R9 - 5.13pm

10. Ellerslie R9 - 5.36pm 

Draw is as follows:

Pete (Brighton)
Dude (QPR)

Crustyngrizzly (Doncaster)
Mike (Sunderland)

Grant (Norwich)
Graeme (Hull)

Paigezim (Crystal Palace)
Ashoka (Leeds)

Rob (Aston Villa)
Ted (Man United)

Mr Gee (Blackburn)
Wrinkles (Swansea)

John (Liverpool)
Cam (Stoke)

Steve P (Bury)
Cabbage (Chelsea)

Richie (Port Vale)
Jason (Burnley)

Moose (Bournemouth)
Gonsta (Southhampton)

Hesi (Newcastle)
Tonkatime (Reading)

Geoff (Welling)
Brian (Man City)

Mardy (West Brom)
Ray (Luton)

Gordy (Leicester)
Swoopa (Salford)

Cubes (Charlton)
Punter Pete (Fulham)

Lynzim (Spurs)
Steve (West Ham)

Peter (Derby)
Porky (Ipswich)

Ian (Rangers)
Casper (Mansfield)

Rex (Arsenal)
Maria (Wimbledon)

Yorkielad (Exeter)
Huey (Everton)

Sarah (Middlesborough)
Dave (Wolves)

Mainland Rookie (Watford)
Richard (Bolton)

Expressions of interest thread has been up for a while and a few newbies and a few non-regulars have entered so maybe a risk of a no show or two.   To avoid anyone having a walkover (or bye) in the first round I will post some extra picks on Saturday morning to be on stand-by - these might include picks from Mike Brown (Informant picks), TAB Bookies (FF favs), Barrier draw 1, ............  If these fill-ins should be needed and they progress beyond round 2 then I will replace them with the next highest losers in the relevant comps.

PORT VALE

1. Wanganui R3 - 10 SHADOW FOX

2. Ellerslie R3 - 7 BELIAL

3. Ellerslie R5 - 5 APACHE FIREWORKS

4. Ellerslie R6 - 15 WORKS WONDERS

5. Wanganui R7 - 6 UNBELIEVEABELLE

6. Ellerslie R7 - 5 RAGHU

7. Wanganui R8 - 2 TYNE COT    BEST/BET

8. Ellerslie R8 - 1 SAKHEES SOLDIER

9. Wanganui R9 - 11 TWILIGHT OFFER

10. Ellerslie R9 - 5 SUFFIRE

14 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Expressions of interest thread has been up for a while and a few newbies and a few non-regulars have entered so maybe a risk of a no show or two.   To avoid anyone having a walkover (or bye) in the first round I will post some extra picks on Saturday morning to be on stand-by - these might include picks from Mike Brown (Informant picks), TAB Bookies (FF favs), Barrier draw 1, ............  If these fill-ins should be needed and they progress beyond round 2 then I will replace them with the next highest losers in the relevant comps.

Bizarre,

if the opposition doesn't turn up, then a free ride is exactly what every / any team deserves. :)

For me personally, in any of the comps, if people enter and then fail to post they should be penalised or banned from all competitions. The free ride they receive in the LGL comp is a joke.

Manchester City

1-2  [5]

2-2  [5]

3-3  [2]

4-5  [1]

5-1  [5]

6-1  [7]

7-2  [4]

8-1  [5]  BB

9-2  [4]

10-3  [1]

Good Morning Geoff.....I had to dig deep into the bottomless pit of English Football Leagues to find Welling United...We both come off 0-1 losses...WU to Southport and MC to Juventus in the "Champions League"

All my lads (sic) are fit and well and looking forward to our visit to Welling for the first round of the FA Cup....Our fans [MC] are coming in their thousands to watch the titanic struggle fully expected in a match made in heaven.

The light sky blue of MC and the wine coloured strip of WU makes this event similar to a Midsummer's Dream where we lie in the sun and drink wine....but then only mad dogs and an Englishman go out in the mid-day sun......not sure if we have any pomeranians in our squad, but all our top notch internationals will be on the pitch for this historic meeting.

Enuff of the BS.....lets get it on

The very Best of British Luck Geoff

Many Thanks to Maria and John

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Kundalini
Copy and paste did not work

DONCASTER

1. Wanganui Race 3       5

2. Ellerslie Race 3          4        (BB)

3. Ellerslie Race 5          1

4. Ellerslie Race 6          6

5. Wanganui Race 7       9

6. Ellerslie Race 7         13

7. Wanganui Race 8       4

8. Ellerslie Race 8         5

9. Wanganui Race 9      10

10. Ellerslie Race 9       5

1. Wanganui R3 - 4

2. Ellerslie R3 - 8

3. Ellerslie R5 - 3

4. Ellerslie R6 - 1

5. Wanganui R7 - 4 BB

6. Ellerslie R7 - 11

7. Wanganui R8 - 6

8. Ellerslie R8 - 5

9. Wanganui R9 - 12

10. Ellerslie R9 - 9

17 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Please post your selections here.  Please post the horse's number as that is what I enter into the scoring spreadsheet.  You're welcome to post names as well but I don't need those and in the event that your number and name don't correspond (not thinking of any offenders in particular here), I will be using the number you posted.  

See separate thread for Rules.  One horse per race and one best bet.  Please note rule about unique selections if you post after your opponent.

Peter (Derby)
Porky (Ipswich)

Last meeting between these two sloggers was Jan 10 when Derby ran out 1-0 victors despite having "useless Eustace" sent off (and 3 Ipswich players booked) !

Are we in for a repeat ???

1. Wanganui R3 -  1      B/B

2. Ellerslie R3 - 4

3. Ellerslie R5 - 1

4. Ellerslie R6 - 12

5. Wanganui R7 - 6

6. Ellerslie R7 - 7

7. Wanganui R8 - 6

8. Ellerslie R8 - 9

9. Wanganui R9 - 3

10. Ellerslie R9 - 6

Mr Gee, Good Luck. 

1. Wanganui R3 - 1.35pm  2-Charlestown

2. Ellerslie R3 - 1.55pm 2-Passing Shot

3. Ellerslie R5 - 3.09pm 14 Snow Secret

4. Ellerslie R6 - 3.46pm 6-Deschabeel

5. Wanganui R7 - 4.02pm 5-Tie Me Down

6. Ellerslie R7 - 4.21pm 7-Whats The Story

7. Wanganui R8 - 4.37pm 4-Madonna Mia

8. Ellerslie R8 - 4.56pm 12-Stolen Dance BB

9. Wanganui R9 - 5.13pm 2-Sealed By A Dance

10. Ellerslie R9 - 5.36pm 7-Perfect Fit

10 hours ago, Yorkielad said:

Bizarre,

if the opposition doesn't turn up, then a free ride is exactly what every / any team deserves. :)

For me personally, in any of the comps, if people enter and then fail to post they should be penalised or banned from all competitions. The free ride they receive in the LGL comp is a joke.

Mate, you just can't help yourself can you?  Every single comp that anyone runs on here, seems like you have to have a dig at the rules (I'm assuming that you're Red & White rejuvenated - if I'm wrong then you are a lot like an earlier poster on here).   In this post you've managed to take a pot shot at both my LGL comps and now my FA Cup comp.

I put a bit of time and effort into these comps (mostly because I get enjoyment out of it) and I try to set rules that are fair and cover most situations.  If someone doesn't show up in this comp I want their opponent to have a contest, not a walkover.  If someone forgets to post in LGL they don't get a free ride - they get at best NIL and at worst they lose a life - thats not a long term winning scenario but more a way to get them out of the comp.

To date I've given you the benefit of the doubt but tonight I've had enough.  If you don't like my comps and the rules then feel free to run your own competitions - I'm sure you will come up with the perfect set of rules.  But either way, if you don't like my comps then just f--k off and leave!!

33 minutes ago, hesi said:

For those not familiar with the history

Yorkielad is Red and White and also Rambling Kidd

Red and White was booted off RC and was also the only person in 10 odd years to be booted off PJ's comp

Rambling Kidd was also booted off RC

He may also have been Royal Charmer

He's had a go at PJ, Scooby, Admin, me and now John over 'rules'

One day he's going to run his own comp, just wouldn't advise holding my breath.

Not sure Admin, as to why these people are continually allowed back on to post, I recall he caused a lot of trouble in Pj's comp when he played for the Chiefs, it's the only time I can recall seeing PJ ruffled(pissed off)

Does he have multiple email addresses otherwise how the hell does he keep raising his ugly head? does put a damper on awesome comps and awesome people running them.

11 hours ago, Kundalini said:

Good Morning Geoff.....I had to dig deep into the bottomless pit of English Football Leagues to find Welling United...We both come off 0-1 losses...WU to Southport and MC to Juventus in the "Champions League"

The light sky blue of MC and the wine coloured strip of WU makes this event similar to a Midsummer's Dream where we lie in the sun and drink wine....but then only mad dogs and an Englishman go out in the mid-day sun......not sure if we have any pomeranians in our squad, but all our top notch internationals will be on the pitch for this historic meeting.

The very Best of British Luck Geoff

Hi Brian

A lot of effort went into selecting my team. Welling United won out on several fronts. No one expects them to win a match so I get to claim underdog status in every match. If I get 100 points then I get to beat Hesi and John to be Welling-ton :) I am a bit of a control freak and I like my team to at least understand English, without a suite of translators, whereas I am sure at least one or two MC players were born in England or have lived there for a couple of years.

It is raining here in the Sunny City so I hope you haven't selected too early. All the best for tomorrow Brian. I am off to see what Hesi has as his BB.... I need points in John's other comp ;)

1. Wanganui R3 - 2 Charlestown

2. Ellerslie R3 - 3 Onlyarose

3. Ellerslie R5 - 14 Snow Secret B/B

4. Ellerslie R6 - 10 Rebel Rose

5. Wanganui R7 - 7 Right Royal Rose

6. Ellerslie R7 - 6 Sultan Of Swing

7. Wanganui R8 - 14 Rose of Virginia

8. Ellerslie R8 - 7 Mosse

9. Wanganui R9 - 5 Ollie's Note

10. Ellerslie R9 - 3 Massofdash

Lets hope it is a day of roses !!!! Any scratching please take next runner in the race book.

Now what, no one is allowed an opinion ?

Never been kicked off RC and never had a problem with the rules,just like them explained better and not changed halfway though.

I had a great relationship with Molly, even though we didn't agree on a lot of things

Indeed I was the Kidd and Red and White, the only reason I changed was because of delays (moderation)  trying to get in comps on time, 

on the occasions I had hassles, with nimue, was when I sent my picks to him via pm and he ignored them, with PJ he packed a sad when I was actually completely justified in what I said. and you did agree Hesi if I remember.   PJ has some very bizarre rules, but once they were explained I followed them.

I offered to take over this very competition, because of the taxes on the winner and was going to increase the winnings.

I have won more competitions than any person on either site and will probably extend this in both the on going comps. ;)

20 minutes ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Does he have multiple email addresses otherwise how the hell does he keep raising his ugly head? does put a damper on awesome comps and awesome people running them.

From what I read last year, it may pay for you to be a little less lippy.

And for your information I have acknowledged the work and effort of every person involved in every competition, and that should still be visible for all.

1. Wanganui R3 - 1 Wills Road

2. Ellerslie R3 - 3 Onlyarose

3. Ellerslie R5 - 16 Bee Tee Junior

4. Ellerslie R6 - 10 Rebel Rose

5. Wanganui R7 - 7 Right Royal Rose

6. Ellerslie R7 - 7 What's the story

7. Wanganui R8 - 14 Rose of Virginia

8. Ellerslie R8 - 9 Queens Rose - BEST BET

9. Wanganui R9 - 8 Teddytwinkletoes

10. Ellerslie R9 - 8 Cassilas

Any scratching please take horse which was the number before mine please and good luck to everyone