RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Huey

NZB Website

The only problem I have with it is that when you scroll through the catalogue , you click to look at the details/pedigree of the horse and go to return to the catalogue to keep going through it, you get taken back to the start of the catalogue rather than the next horse --that is a pain. Magic Millions had the same issue when they "upgraded" --they fixed it so it cannot be a big issue.

I would have thought this would be  problem that anyone using online catalogues would pick up, so it makes me wonder what sort of testing/reviewing goes on with website upgrades ( not just NZB). I think the geeks refer to it a user experience --the testing of UX was a little lacking.

I'm finding it quite difficult to use as well, and the searching within pedigrees function doesn't work, which is a pain, I like to look for horses related to mine or from families I know.  There are some good things with the upgrade, but looks like they've got a few bugs to iron out.

Having made the criticism made above I have to say I've found one great new feature. If you click on the sire of a horse you get a list of all the other horses by that sire in the sale, in each catalogue. But also if you scroll down you get the results of horses sold by that sire for all previous sales for 2015. Great feature. 

Also if you click on the dam you get the sales price history of the progeny from that mare. Again, really helpful

9 hours ago, Breeder said:

Having made the criticism made above I have to say I've found one great new feature. If you click on the sire of a horse you get a list of all the other horses by that sire in the sale, in each catalogue. But also if you scroll down you get the results of horses sold by that sire for all previous sales for 2015. Great feature. 

Also if you click on the dam you get the sales price history of the progeny from that mare. Again, really helpful

That's been there for a while Breeder.

NZTR racing site a pain too, keeps stopping and waiting says script to long or somthing, very slow to update thought it was my computer but was in there offices a few months back trying to name a horse and there system was very slow and crashed several times. Does anyone else have this problem

Anyone else still finding the new website really difficult and slow to use to track the sales results?  If you're looking at individual lots then hit the back button, it doesn't take you to where you actually were on the page, or if you'd sorted the lots in a certain way it gets rid of that when you hit the back button.  There are some things that are better with the new website, but I'm finding overall to be not very user friendly, seems it's been built by a techy that either hadn't used the old site, or didn't get anyone that had to test this one.  Hope they improve it at some stage.

24 minutes ago, Kevan15 said:

Anyone else still finding the new website really difficult and slow to use to track the sales results?  If you're looking at individual lots then hit the back button, it doesn't take you to where you actually were on the page, or if you'd sorted the lots in a certain way it gets rid of that when you hit the back button.  There are some things that are better with the new website, but I'm finding overall to be not very user friendly, seems it's been built by a techy that either hadn't used the old site, or didn't get anyone that had to test this one.  Hope they improve it at some stage.

It's terrible to put it bluntly. They had the best website of all sales companies imo prior to this but the functionality has taken a massive step backwards.

I have been using an "old fashion PC" and have had no problem ( a little slow at times but that is to be expected with the heavy demand the site would have at this time). So maybe the issue is with the site not being set up well for mobile devices , which would be stupid given most people would be using them unlike "behind the times" me

you could be right breeder, my smartphone loads the results page but I cant scroll down or select the search bar then it just crashes completely and have to reload page then same deal again but have not tried on PC so am assuming it is a technical glitch with smartphone compatibility

5 hours ago, gubellini said:

Had trouble even logging on to their site over the three days I was at Karaka for the Select Sales.Maybe because of volume of use on site. Certainly needs an upgrade.

Thats the problem I think they had an upgrade lol

Very difficult to maneuver about on, not particularly user friendly as an example you click on a photo of a horse in the catalogue and it goes to the horse photo , then click on the lot number it goes to the pedigree page click back and it takes you back to the start of the catalogue. Viewing the results now is also a horrible experience unless dumped into Excel.

Very frustrating as before the site was excellent, visually good and easy to get around and find what you wanted. The streaming on the site has also been a step backwards from what it was, I gave up on the Select sale most days after about 20 mins.