RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
N1MUE

FA Cup (knockout) tipping competition - expressions of interest required

As mentioned on the LGL results thread this comp is aimed at (partially) filling the void left during the Super comp off-season.

The comp will run for 4-5 weeks depending on numbers.  It will be an individual comp, where you will compete in a H2H knockout competition with the winner progressing to the next round , and the loser eliminated (in most cases).   I will run a Plate competition (Capital One Cup) to keep those eliminated in the first round involved for a longer time (especially for you Blues).

Scoring is pretty simple - I will nominate ten NZ races and you will be required to pick one horse in each race, with one as your best bet.  You will get $10 each way on your selections ($20 each way on your best bet).  Highest score wins the H2H battle.

Ideally we would have a number of entrants that equals a power of 2 (16, 32, 64), but I will be able to make it work with any number by using byes for highest scorers or allowing highest scoring losers to progress.  Once I know the number of entrants I will publish how this will play out.

Please post your expression of interest on here.  Please post before 6pm on Thursday as that is when I will close entries and prepare the draw.  In keeping with the FA Cup competition, each entrant will represent an English football team.   Please choose your team when you express your interest - first in, first served.  If your team is taken or you don't choose a team I will nominate a team for you.

Maria has kindly offered to put up prize money of $100 - subject to her agreement I will split this between the FA Cup winner and the Capital One Cup (Plate) winner