RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
final luca

hauckland house markets

I can not believe  how  the market in Auckland has exploded... but with  a brother  selling his house on north shore for $800,000 . his father inlaw who is 90+ selling his down the road for over $1 million, and my younger sister selling her house also for over $1 million..holly shit... then my mother inlaw died... and her house is being put on the market.. they reckon we will get between $700/$8oo thousand for a 2 bedroom house not far from Avondale racetrack.not bad she only paid $50,000 for it.

we are looking at buying a house down my way.. and they range anything from $60, for  lottsa work  to be done  . to $150, for no so bad do a uppas.., even looking at a 4 bedroom for $175,000 and in gore a 6 bedroom for $199,000 (i'd drop them down a few thousand ) a 100 year old house with quite a bit of work to do, but could be a nice house for$123,000, not far from schools, but best of all, a takeaway over the road. and that's   some prices only in gore/mataura. in invers/winton,riverton you can pick up some good bargins..

no.. but they are quite over priced.   one house next door is a private sale and they want $199,000, nice little house but far better buys around .. and I don't need takeaways, do all cooking myself, the option  is there if I choose to have them .. NOT that I have found takeaways in south island  up to Auckland standard..but that's another subject..

as for Auckland houses.. I paid $24,000 for one in Henderson  about 1979, and one in Papakura in 1995, for $50,000  Henderson rv  now is approx. $ 750,000 Papakura rv $ 650,000.. approx... so if they were sold the way things are going  I think another $200,000?  how can the young afford to buy in this day an age..  housing down this way they say has increased a little... but for young people they also need work and good educating schools, which  are few and far between, with  some schools very questionable ethics..

having said this.. their is a 4 bedroom in otahuhu, Auckland, for $198,000... real do auppa.. down fall----- lease hold section.

think better valve down this way.. specially for young families looking/wanting to buy.

Houses selling like hot cakes in Hamilton at prices that i consider to be well overpriced.Problem is if you intend to buy again in Hamilton you then pay at the other end.

Vicious circle.

I thought you were moving to Gisborne?

I thought you were moving to Gisborne?

Still my intention,however another more powerful member of the family is showing a fair bit of resistance to my plan due to the fact that an elderly parent is still breathing.

I  on the other hand couldn't give a rats.

I may go to mass on Sunday and pray.Should be all good because nothing else that i have prayed for has ever happened.

Edited by crustyngrizzly

we sold the 2 bedroom house on Wednesday at auction ..

while we were  expecting  a bit more on the advice of the land agents, we are still happy with the price

of $640,000  when you consider that  inlaws paid just over $38,000 for it in the 80's. it was  a very nice profit.

we will be buying another house in gore, hopefully  we  have one sorted that we like, and a deal can be arranged before Christmas..

take over day for the Avondale house is 9th December.. all going well. we will have some spending money for Christmas.

have found out a few details of this auction: there were 5 contestants fighting over this house.. 1x phone from Australia, 2xphone from china (one of which already owns a property in pt chev) and 2 x in auction rooms... the aussie dropped out at $500,000 and it was down to 2 at the end.. with the reserve at $650,000  top offer was from chinese owner of pt chev prop... at $640,000 which was excepted by brother in law... (god knows why.. think he wasa  right dumb arse).the nz bidder had cash  and  the estate would have the money by 7th November, now we have to wait until 9th December, and lawyers won't release it until april/may, incase some one contests the will.so I say to people in the same  situation as we are... tell your yawer that you would like it released early, when my mother died we all signed an agreement and we had  monies within a month...I will be looking into why this lawyer wants to hold on  for 6 months... am aware that that is a condition of probate, but in our case that has aalready been signed  off.. it seems strange...so will be getting my lawyer to haave a look at this...  having someone take care of  a sale  without being present  can be very dangerous especially if they have no clue on what they are doing...  thems the breaks I guess.... so in all, we have helped another chinesse invester... bugga... her moneys good.

House here in Hamilton listed for $289K.Built in the late 1800s and sold for $110k approx 15 years ago.No garage,no carport not even a shed of any desription for bikes,kids toys or firewood.Acrappy old wire netting fence is all thats protecting your kids from wandering on to a busy road.Has been rented out for the last 15 years approx.Owners should have it on market FREE to good owners.

the thing I find  really hard to swallow with house sales.... is.. LAWYERS... who decide that when the house is sold, and there is an estate to be paid out.. he/she expects the estate to wait  6 months for a payout  just in case one of you might contest the will and testament. holding up  an other sale of another house  as in our case... we are a little short of money and require  our share of the estate to cover  overheads.i've got legal advice and we may be able to hurry this lawyer up...   lawyers close down  mid December  and it is hard to finalise  house sales until close to February . when everything else is ready to roll.(we would like to be in this new house before Christmas.. don't think it will happen because of this lawyer/holdup..  and   may even miss out on buying the house... won't up set me, but  war department has her heart set on it...we have a cheaper option  house as a back up if need be but its not the same...it has been months since  everything on the estate has been signed off, and we are waiting for  money  from the lady   that brought inlaws  house to be handed over...   the goal posts keep getting moved...  this is our last chance at getting another house... the years are catching up..

Despite what the Governor of the Reserve Bank and Bank Economists say i predict that house prices to rise especially with all the turmoil going on in Europe.Wealthy Europeans and some not so wealthy Europeans  will be lining up at our gates to buy our property to escape the sh.t h..e that Europe is fast becoming with all those meatheads trying to get in.

On 8 November 2015 1:52:22 pm, final luca said:

the thing I find  really hard to swallow with house sales.... is.. LAWYERS... who decide that when the house is sold, and there is an estate to be paid out.. he/she expects the estate to wait  6 months for a payout  just in case one of you might contest the will and testament. holding up  an other sale of another house  as in our case... we are a little short of money and require  our share of the estate to cover  overheads.i've got legal advice and we may be able to hurry this lawyer up...   lawyers close down  mid December  and it is hard to finalise  house sales until close to February . when everything else is ready to roll.(we would like to be in this new house before Christmas.. don't think it will happen because of this lawyer/holdup..  and   may even miss out on buying the house... won't up set me, but  war department has her heart set on it...we have a cheaper option  house as a back up if need be but its not the same...it has been months since  everything on the estate has been signed off, and we are waiting for  money  from the lady   that brought inlaws  house to be handed over...   the goal posts keep getting moved...  this is our last chance at getting another house... the years are catching up..

Why hasn't everyone involved signed a certified document saying there will be no challenge to the Will ?

Should be no problem getting paid out if that was the case...

have no idea why   .. the lawyer hasn't even got hold of  us or  other sister in winton .and  the sister in Auckland is not being  helpful.. she was at the auction.. there was a reserve on the house and she let it go $10,000 under that reserve..it is all strange but being down here well away from the action we are at their mercy... we are getting  little bits of news, when it suits... but we have asked her for lawyers name, and contact details so our lawyer can contact him/her.. I understand  about signing  a document like you said and think this is the right way to go but  from what I can paste together... that chinnese shelia  is out of the country now..  and the full payment was ment to be 22nd November and sister in law has given them extra time, (27th November)to have money finalised.I would never have done it like she did.. but she just wanted to move things on.. and we respect  and understand that.. without going into details...but thanks Ohokaman ,

Sounds very fishy FL...why on Earth you would set an Auction reserve and then sell $10k UNDER it makes no sense..!

You are reliant on your Agent being a bit more helpful than a chocolate teapot in these circumstances though.

Presumably they have talked to all the bidders ( or should have ) and this was the best offer they were going to get.

Hope it works out for you anyway fella, and you can keep the missus happy with her new home....:D

brother sold his house in Avondale , (Chinese Sheila)  got $840,000 for his 5 bedroom in calvin st. he wanted more greedy buggar... but now this woman wants to reneg on the deal... deposit has been paid... he moves to papamoa in april.. but will be staying at my other brothers house down there  for a while until his new house is ready..they have listed his Avondale house again but they  (land agents) are pushing for this woman to honour the deal... wonder if its same Chinese Sheila that brought our 2 bedroom?  did not think they could do this unless they could not get finance... as for our sale... lawyer has money. said he is not paying out until april... (6 months)my lawyer has asked questions and he has not replied... strange.but then that's Auckland.

She loses the deposit ( should be 10% ) if she does not complete on settlement date, providing no other clauses, finance etc

Don't see why Solicitors should be holding on to that after settlement date. The deal is dead.

If no joy, get a new one....!!   ;)