RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Steve Donovan

Coleman-King Of Comedy

What a ride from the King , only an expert horseman with the credentials of the King could have possible managed to get Selfie from a decent draw of 6 to be  5 wide, such majestic riding, few other jockeys could have managed this. I note that the commentators, alluded to the fact that a senior rider would give the horse more of a chance than Alysha, the previous rider, what a joke ! Did they see Alysha's rides in  the week? 

I note that Coleman had no excuse for the disappointing effort from Selfie, I suspect having to run 1520 metres may not have helped.

I presumed that the Joke thread related to Coleman, but it seems I need to start my own.

i'll pause and wait for the usual experts to tell how little I know. Take it as read.

Your problems started when you punted it Steve (only an opinion)if it drew 1 or 2 maybe a rough place chance. This race was 1400 and Mike had never ridden it ? He jumped forward then couldnt slot in, what else could he have done? He goes forward hes used up and weakens and your still complaining...good to see your criticism all the same. Best of luck in future. All the post race talk was about the big runs from 2nd and 4th?  Amarula goes further .

Good point Steve! Gubellini is my pseudonym.Named after Pietro Gubellini the Italian jockey who rode the unbeaten Nearco throughout his career. My name is Jim Flay and I live in Tauranga for the record.I have shares in horses who Race in the Camici Syndicate named after Enrico Camici who rode Ribot throughout his unbeaten career.Michael has never ridden any of the horses I have shares in but I would be happy to have him ride any of them!

Thanks Jim, I am too young to remember Ribot racing, but am aware of the influence on the US and UK breeding industry. I think that Lester ( now there's a jockey we can agree on) rode Boucher ( one of Ribot's sons) for Vincent O ' Brien to a classic win or two.

I too have and have had a number of shares in horses, several of which Coleman has  sat on, unless the trainer insists that score will not increase! You should insist!

I admire top jockeys.  Therefore I don't admire Mr Coleman!

Tom, you are bang on the money, I think that is the most tedious and annoying of all, to be fair I suspect that he didn't write his own epithet, but if it were me I think that I would have asked George and Aaron to cease and desist.

Well you can dislike him all you like, I had a small percentage of the quaddie going in the last at matamata today, and at the 100m I was nowhere and doing nothing with my runners until mickey turned up and showed he isn't as bad as some may say.

The mrs reckons he is a top bloke as well, like a far quit I said I will share if I get it. :blink:

Well done to the king, three midweek hack races and suddenly all is forgiven. I think not.

No-one is disputing that he can ride a horse. The 3 wins yesterday were ok, I thought that he rose Suffire out well, lustrous was always going to win and he was was fortunate that you are amazing was so much better than the opposition that it could still win after the ride given.

My old man always reckoned that really good jockeys win on horses that shouldn't win those races, Would Opie, Leith, Matt Cameron, Danielle have won on those horses? Yep.

I'm trying not to be churlish ( not very hard admittedly) , but riding 3 winners doesnt make him a good jockey. I m pleased for his followers ( subjects) though.

The King has no clothes........there I've said it.

NO ONE calls coleman the king, only himself, says it all really.

he was lucky to be aligned with a stable riding high, when he was starting out,

but it still takes perseverance to ride 900 winners, so a bit of this, bit of that. 

No need for a truce as we are just 2 guys hopefully just having a reasoned conversation!

On the Coleman front we can keep a watching brief! 2 high profile rides tomorrow , he should win on Justice League and Ryan Mark must go close.

Storm Bro went a cracker and with a better draw could easily have won, but a nice place divvy helped to ease the pain!

Ritchie is a super guy and probably the best communicator in the game. I also have a couple with Richard Collet, who is also excellent.

Good luck to all us owners as good rides or bad, it is us that pay the bills!