RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swynford

Roc De Cambes

The mother of this horse is to my mind a great example of the perfect mare for this stallion. It incorporates what I have always expressed on this site.

Take a look at what is on the male line of the 1st dam, the 2nd dam, the 3rd dam and the 4th dam etc.  Each duplication is on the male line of the mare. 

And then ask the question....    where does this appear in the stallion....?     Using this method can give you more BANG for your BUCK (service fee)

Hes Our Rokki.jpg

He's Our Rokki has a lovely balanced pedigree, with a duplication of the great mare Lalun through half brothers Never Bend and Bold Reason. Plenty of Northern Dancer and Nearctic blood

4th Dam the great mare La Mer.

La Mer also features as the 3rd Dam of last seasons stakes winner Alamer (Alamosa)

Swynford, could you please put up the pedigree of Pearson Square and comment on it.

Incidentally he has been sold to HK and wont race again in NZ, and sadly, there goes my pre-post fixed odds at really nice money in the 2000 Guineas!

Insider......  below is a seven generation pedigree of Pearson Square showing common duplications between sire and dam. 

Using the theory that I used above not one of those duplications interests me

Pearson square.jpg 

I have taken it out to eight generations but will have to post sire and dam separately. 

So when I look at the stallions pedigree I look at it a little like a sales catalogue,    the female line being the most important and then the brood-mare sires in that line. 

Having studied many stallions I am a firm believer that they have a bias in this direction.Roc.jpg

And this is how I would look at the mares pedigree.  I would be looking to see the names on the male lines of these mares appearing as brood-mare sires in the stallion. Just like in the He's Our Rokki pedigree

Lims.jpg

I have moved a few names in the pedigree below,  ' forward '  so we can see the pattern but using the theory above it is right on the button.

PEA.jpg

There is a connection between Rego and Forli but to long to explain in this post.

Sorry I didn't answer your question Gubellini, .. and to be honest I'm not sure that I can answer it either, only guess. We seem to be able to mate a mare to a stallion a number of times and get different out comes. But I would be putting my money on Rego, and Tudor Minstrel on the mares male lines and matching that with Fair Trial sire of Red Ransom's 4th dam.  To me this bloodline is very quick.

The connection that I was referring to between Rego and Fair Trial is quite deep but has to do with Fair Trial's dam Lady Juror, Both Lady Juror and Rego are made up of the same female families and are often seen together in outstanding horses in the right positions. 

In the pedigree below it is easy to see.   If you believe that the mare has a bias to her male line and the stallion has a bias to his female side then the analysis is spot on. 

rubiton.jpg

Mares from the Fair Trial line appear in many of Centaine's Stakes winning progeny also.