RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
biff

Hello, track inspection

no NZ races to follow today so whip on down to your local quilters club. You might find a larger % of the population interested in that hobby and the company might be quite cheery too  ;)

Best news ever.........

No need to head to the quilters club Von....

Great racing from Melbourne today. Now that we have no dodgy nz racing on poor tracks.......we can now all look forward to real champagne racing !!!

So....So....Looking forward to it. And with no nz racing.......we will get all of the aussie previews etc.....

Now what!??

I just read this post to the Mrs... she,s doing a cross-stich.

She just laughed and said tell that Ligerzero to spend some time with the family or

do all those jobs ,your wife has been asking to be done for months. LOL

Relax mate and join the expected on-slaught of all weather track posts on Racecafe.

As Porty said before you know it , Oz will give you and me our fix.

Used to be a big Brett Davidson fan...probably still would be if had access to his top 4

in each race in Oz every saturday.

His best bet of day R5 no.2 Shiraz...looks like every other punter in Oz B/B also.

I will look on, at those odds...Too many Hot pots beaten in Oz for one reason or another.

Could be wrong...not enough value there anyway for me.

Best news ever.........

No need to head to the quilters club Von....

Great racing from Melbourne today. Now that we have no dodgy nz racing on poor tracks.......we can now all look forward to real champagne racing !!!

So....So....Looking forward to it. And with no nz racing.......we will get all of the aussie previews etc.....

Any tips then Porty?... I sometimes wonder why you still here...LOL

You backing All Blacks or Wallaby,s in world cup? (just joking man)

neither meeting should've been abandoned in my opinion

Te Rapa surprised me being abandoned so immediately..and Taranaki was a Heavy 11 with rain during the running., nothing that hasn't been surmounted in past racings there.

i won't be betting on any Australian racing..i only 'do' N.Z. form

Rain quickly cleared and the sun is shining and blue sky now in the Waikato. Absolutely beautiful and great conditions for racing.

Once again abandoned too soon. Why can't they wait and put the meeting back a race or two instead of pulling pin so quickly.

Too be fair to the powers that be, I was at the track and it was absolutely pelting down for the 3 races, I was not surprised when it was abandoned.

The Ambulance was hardly able to get around on the inside lane, I think they had no real option to be honest.

Been a long time since Te Rapa has had an abandoned meeting and a very long time since I have seen weather like that at the track.

I viewed the 3 races on TV and the camera didn't show anything like what the real conditions were like.

You will recall this happened at Avondale about a month ago, poor visibility, and if they had of waited one race, it cleared up to be perfectly raceable.

A quick look at the rain radar for the area, which can be accessed in about 30 seconds from most mobile phones, would have shown the weather system was not stationary but very fast moving.

As I understand, surface water was the main reason for abandonment, assuming there is drainage in place, Te Rapa in particular has sand slitting, then this water would have drained very quickly, and while not wonderful, racing would have been safe to continue.

Seems to be a lack of forward thinking, any thinking for that matter.

Now we have a situation at 2 race tracks, okay for racing but no racing taking place

Don't know where the rest of my post is response to Hesi's post went at 4:58 but it went something like this.

Correct Hesi, there have been other meetings having been abandoned too soon, that Avondale meeting being a perfect example.

After a heavy downpour the sun was shining at 12pm and as you point out it would have shown to be clear on the radar.

Whilst safety must always be paramount, surely a delay to see if any improvement has occured and racing can be resumed is better for all than a knee jerk abandonment straight away. There was ample scope to have that delay as the last was scheduled for 4:02pm and easily able to pushed back at least 45 minutes.

Having a bit of patience can be prudent many times.

Tasmania and Geelong both have synthetic tracks but NZ ? No way. They build another training track at Te Rapa for who? It was a classic opportunity to build a strathayr track or some other type of all-weather. The result more meetings cancelled. I see an add for a new director at NZTR but I guess at 77 there is not much point in throwing my hat in the ring.

Did anybody catch Des Coppins interview with Ken Rutherford and CEO of New Plymouth (Hobbs) around 11ish this morning.

I only caught a few minutes whilst in the car. From the small amount I heard New Plymouth CEO seemed pretty disappointed with the process of making the decision.

Might have been a comment out of context but my take on what he said was that some jockeys were simply not going to ride as soon as they arrived on course whereas others were happy to ride.

He then talked about Riddell being 100% ok but I didn't catch what about, Did Riddell do a test gallop on the track?

Interested to hear more about was said and if changes are needed to the process of making these decisions if anyone heard the interview.

Apparently Alan Sharrock had two of his better gallopers there ( Kawi and The Bold One I think ) for a workout pre-meeting.

Riddell asked Stewards why they didn't allow them to gallop, then decide on the track, and the answer was it was only two horses running side by side, and they were concerned about the splash back on horses behind the leaders in a full race situation.

Carey Hobbs did say that his staff had checked the track and everywhere was ok apart from the surface water in the straight. The weather improved and given time, this could have drained away.

Riddell said the track was no worse than Awapuni and others recently and jockeys would have been "absolutely 100%" ok with riding on it given his view of the track.