RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

The 90+ List

Righteo. All horses now found. We have good evidence that he owned and raced 40 of them. There are another 20 ish that he owned at some stage that also raced, but whether they raced in his ownership needs confirmation. Pretty certain he owned at least 90 but often only for a month or two. Off to do other stuff for the day.

Sorry, all this has done my head in, I feel for Midget, if it's poleaxed me what it's done for him must be mind bending. I can't understand how it's come to this, it's a comedy/tragedy rolled into one, of Shakespearian magnitude.

Adults acting like this? I'm over it.........I have no respect for NZ racing, it's effected my business to the extent my partners will not invest a cent here, not only this debacle but the prizemoney, the costs, the returns and the position racing sits in relation to other potential investment entities.

I'll continue to support Midget, but no one in their right mind would respect an industry that conducts itself like this, most of you are bloody great people, salt of the Earth stuff, and I salute you all, especially the grassroots grafters.....god bless your cotton socks, for me, I'm spent.....I'll concentrate on my core business for now and pray a miracle occurs and racing here turns the corner.......I'm not a shot duck yet, just in the spelling paddock......Go Morty......and best to the rest!

You're doing a sterling job Leggy, which needs to be done, to basically keep people honest, plus it has probably opened the eyes of many with regard to what constitutes ownership.

Because GP is bringing the action, and I'm no lawyer, but cannot the defendants legal counsel request a full summary of facts, which should have to contain the correctly spelt name of every horse and evidence of ownership at the time of racing.

A forwarded list, with a number of mis-spellings, seems like a very unacceptable way of conducting proceedings

Thanks hesi. Just want to see this matter put to bed once and for all, whatever the facts turn out to be. Then perhaps the resources and commentary can be refocused on the real matters affecting the industry instead of this trivial side-show that NZTR and the RIU seem to have created.

Leggy...

This is just the start, if the RIU actually proceed to a hearing and table their "evidence" as it has, so far, been provided.

Mr Purcell has said that the RIU laid the charges, which is technically true, whichever way you take his statement.

In providing the requested "evidence" in the manner in which they have done so, they have demonstrated that actual facts don't mean anything to them, in my opinion.

This one actions clearly shows that the RIU have no integrity whatsoever.

This is very serious matter. Mr Morton's quality of life is at stake here, given his long-standing involvement in the racing industry.

The very fact that the organisation responsible for maintaining the integrity in the racing industry is permitted to act in this matter draws the JCA, all members of the NZRB and the government, by virtue of the fact that there is, officially, a Racing Minister, into a position of being complicit in the actions of the RIU.

I stand by what I have previously posted.

This matter should not proceed past the attempted discernment of the meaning of the word "raced" and it's synonyms.

However, given the current state of "justice" in New Zealand, anything is possible.

I hope that Mr Morton has instructed his legal representatives to apply for costs, and that all those who have assisted Mr Morton in the laborious task of "interpreting" the information provided, put in their accounts and are appropriately reimbursed.

All the best.

Ashoka

Righteo. All horses now found. We have good evidence that he owned and raced 40 of them. There are another 20 ish that he owned at some stage that also raced, but whether they raced in his ownership needs confirmation. Pretty certain he owned at least 90 but often only for a month or two. Off to do other stuff for the day.

Bloody hell.....What a complete bunch of tossers.....

So now he has been involved with 90 nags? Who gives a toss!

If this guy had said he had been involved in a swag of nags.....then some would have wanted confirmation on what a swag is??? Very Anal !!!

I say get over it......Should be far more posting on the drug situation rather than digging up horse names !

You're doing a sterling job Leggy, which needs to be done, to basically keep people honest, plus it has probably opened the eyes of many with regard to what constitutes ownership.

Because GP is bringing the action, and I'm no lawyer, but cannot the defendants legal counsel request a full summary of facts, which should have to contain the correctly spelt name of every horse and evidence of ownership at the time of racing.

A forwarded list, with a number of mis-spellings, seems like a very unacceptable way of conducting proceedings

Yes they do Its known as discovery, similar to the due diligence on anyone considering a contract.

I agree. If this list is supposed to be evidence that he raced 90+ horses, it's not much use. Aside from the spelling mistakes, it's not verifiable.

As far as I can make out there are

3 unnamed and unspecified

2 (Hannah Honey & All Sweeped Up) unraced

1(Gold'N'Able ) with no RISA (or HRA) record - might be spelling again.

Of the remainder,

44 that I'm pretty certain he raced; and

44 others that raced but where he is not amongst the listed owners (at retirement) in RISA

That does not mean he didn't race them, he may have at some point then sold them on or given up the lease but I can find no way to verify that.

However, even if it can be verified that he raced all those other 44 and Gold'n'able, assuming the unnamed ones haven't raced, we are still below 90.

They are obviously stretching things to include the unspecified ones and the likes of All Sweeped Up, an unraced 2yo with Rogie.

So he raced 44 apart from those with an agenda is there anyone else that really gives two hoots?

This is making some people look silly to say the very least and as others have pointed out looks a complete waste of time.

Surely if youre that desperate to get someone in his position you'd focus on his performance rather than some arbitrary number he probably came up with on a whim. 44 lets say 50 is a fair number of horses to have raced and ticks the industry involvement skin in the game box for mine,so why not just accept it at that or does it need to be exactly 90 to satisfy that over zealous nature of those going through this with a fine tooth comb? 

So he raced 44 apart from those with an agenda is there anyone else that really gives two hoots?

This is making some people look silly to say the very least and as others have pointed out looks a complete waste of time.

Surely if youre that desperate to get someone in his position you'd focus on his performance rather than some arbitrary number he probably came up with on a whim. 44 lets say 50 is a fair number of horses to have raced and ticks the industry involvement skin in the game box for mine,so why not just accept it at that or does it need to be exactly 90 to satisfy that over zealous nature of those going through this with a fine tooth comb? 

Quite agree, but I'm sure Morty and his family care. He is the one being charged with a serious racing offence over this lunacy.

Leggy...

This is just the start, if the RIU actually proceed to a hearing and table their "evidence" as it has, so far, been provided.

Mr Purcell has said that the RIU laid the charges, which is technically true, whichever way you take his statement.

In providing the requested "evidence" in the manner in which they have done so, they have demonstrated that actual facts don't mean anything to them, in my opinion.

This one actions clearly shows that the RIU have no integrity whatsoever.

This is very serious matter. Mr Morton's quality of life is at stake here, given his long-standing involvement in the racing industry.

The very fact that the organisation responsible for maintaining the integrity in the racing industry is permitted to act in this matter draws the JCA, all members of the NZRB and the government, by virtue of the fact that there is, officially, a Racing Minister, into a position of being complicit in the actions of the RIU.

I stand by what I have previously posted.

This matter should not proceed past the attempted discernment of the meaning of the word "raced" and it's synonyms.

However, given the current state of "justice" in New Zealand, anything is possible.

I hope that Mr Morton has instructed his legal representatives to apply for costs, and that all those who have assisted Mr Morton in the laborious task of "interpreting" the information provided, put in their accounts and are appropriately reimbursed.

All the best.

Ashoka

Quite agree Ashoka. They are obviously taking the stance that if he has had an ownership interest and the horse in work, that amounts to "racing" it. I doubt any sane person who read Morty's comment would have taken it to mean that.

Quite agree, but I'm sure Morty and his family care. He is the one being charged with a serious racing offence over this lunacy.

Well.....

Fair enough,

We all know how this 90 plus sort of shit started.....it started with a certain mouthy person who also got in the crap. Then a few others thought they might continue the crusade....but have now made themselves look bloody foolish.

I do not know Purcell....or any one else at NZTR. But lets face it.....some have been slaughtered on this site....and it gets very personal.

If anyone tries to have a go at a jockey or trainer...we are cut off at the legs!

So , get over it.  This may come as a shock......these guys are not in control of everything bad in racing at the moment......In fact.....this sort of thing just gets more people out of the game!

Hmm Porty not sure I agree with you this time.

I reckon your dislike of the previous owner (and perhaps current one) is colouring your thinking.

The action being taken by the RIU is a disgrace and is much worse than any censorship that goes on here (and I agree that is inconsistent and annoying sometimes)

Hmm Porty not sure I agree with you this time.

I reckon your dislike of the previous owner (and perhaps current one) is colouring your thinking.

The action being taken by the RIU is a disgrace and is much worse than any censorship that goes on here (and I agree that is inconsistent and annoying sometimes)

?????

Who said I disliked previous owner? Then saying I perhaps dislike current owner??

Hell..... I never said that!

I stated a mouthy person started this nonsense, who himself got in the crap ?

Never said I disliked the guy.....Could not care a less about him...

As for Scoobie....I think most of the time he is fair....and as it is his site.....I agree to his terms...

All I stated was that some people have been given heaps on this site...while others have been protected.

I feel sorry for Midget.....Seems every man and his dog has told him to go for it....but now....where is his support now?

Its just gonna cost him money.....and a lack of sleep?

Crazy.

Portfooli I'm not sure what your reading but we're real good here.

According to Leggy theres 44 horses he's raced, less what ever he raced in New Zealand, that's not close to 90 in my book is it and I said I knew he never raced 90.

I wish they'd charged me for saying he wasn't the New South Wales leading bookmaker in the country for 12 years to because he wasn't, but I guess they know it's much easier for me to prove that just anothe lie.

I've got lots of support over this and your all much appreciated for funding me and ringing me.

What I would like now to is for all the jockeys and trainers who've rung me to out there pen on paper and say or sign what they've said to my face or over the phone because that's the important thing, is this about me criticisms Purcell and the RIU or is it about me staring what's really going on and destroying thus industry.

That's what you all should be looking at.

Portfolio...

You ask where Midget's support is now.

I have not seen anyone who supported him on this Forum, withdraw their support.

In fact, Midget's support has increased since he informed this Forum of what he is facing.

The insinuation you have made is both incorrect and scurrilous, as things stand.

All the best.

Ashoka

sunlineboy...

Please forgive me, but I don't understand the relevance of your comment to this thread.

Can you please explain?

In particular, I am wondering if your post has been made in reference to mine.

Thank you.

All the best.

Ashoka

Porty, can't agree with you mate.

This is not a "crusade" as you put it....it is about taking a stand to protect a bloke's livelihood.

Purcell made the statement himself, so put his neck on the line when he did so.

Hardly surprising then that many have raised eyebrows at the statement and started querying it.

Given that in later interviews he has apparently revised the figure downwards, you have to wonder if he actually knows the number himself..?

Morty has the support of us all. He made a statement that echoed what everyone else was thinking.

The haphazard way this list has been provided just highlights the arrogance of these organisations, and does not provide any confidence that this matter will be handled in an appropriate way.

If Morty is proved correct, I want to know what action will be taken against the protagonists here

The amount of time and money spent on this will be considerable, by both parties.

Someone is going to look bloody silly at the end of it. And someone should pay.....

Guest 2Admin2

Portfolio and the rest of the sycophants - why does what Morty said constitute a serious racing charge?

Why hire expensive lawyers at the industry's expense?