RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Gruff

Stevie

Question

Can he turn around adams season? Seemed to be some friction when splitting earlier in year ...now hes back...maybe adam needs someone whos straight up and calls a spade...and he can read greens. He gets adam up he will cement his position as the best in the buisness! ...few knockers out there...still think tiger can use him next year!

10 answers to this question

Reading the literature around chambers bay (us open)suggests you have no chance winning here unless you have done your homework,alot of undulation as you would expect from links and even tee boxes can be set on uneven ground....Stevies the man to steer around a world class ball striker ..with changing holes like the par 4/5 switch possible between 1/18 and tee box positional changes on 9 where you get two radically different perspectives and a 540 yard par 4 this course sounds like a nightmare to any duo not bringing their A game...hard to predict the winning score but has potential to be ugly...$17 ? The NZ tabs market

for this tournament far from generous. The wind blows here its anyones,pity darren clarkes not in,is showing a little form of late

...even allowing for the fact st andrews can dish favourable conditions to one side of the draw im real confident Stevie can plot adam around for the open win...then the pga! 100-1 get on ! ...old white is playing very up and down ! What a leaderboard! Anyone can win even from -5 ...first week i didnt throw in my big 3 molder,danny and romero and they are all in the mix..typical...kaymer get past van zyl, keifer in paris? Some sharp scoring in round 3 from those 2 on a tight track..weather can swing this 6 shots so beware

...open early conditions look a little more favourable,day 2 looks windy all day so chance for those first out...bjorn has lead opens before and playing ok after injury, was 151 on fixed,weather specers into 81....few others catch the eye,charley hoffman was blazing early consistently this year as did greg owen in recent starts at st jude and the greenbrier,harman didnt fire early at the masters so jurys out...alex levy the bolter,the happy assassin,if coetzee was in early id post as a special,fleetwood has gone low here so respect...will the wind play a significant enough role? Full moon 16th.....in one owen $20 for $3000

Yip 5k-10k winds early Thursday, then around 21-25k rest of the day, so early morning starters good advantage early on, but late Friday 37k winds so the early morning starters on Thursday may drop shots late in their round friday. Saturday, Sunday average conditions all day, plenty of Showers, and rain most days.

Going on Dunhill links which is played every year at Kingsbarn, Canoustie and SA Tommy Fleetwood shot a 62 10 under at St Andrews, he is in good form and along with Louis Oosthuizhen who also shot a 10 under 62 the year before are my 2 selections for the open, Louis was right in the mix at the US Open which played like a links course, and the last time the open was played at St Andrews 2010 I think he blitzed the field.

IN 2010 Ricky Fowler in round 1 shot a 79, while Louis shot a 65, however Fowler played 3 very good rounds to finish tied for 14th, and coming of a win in the Scottish Open, he should be right in the mix.

The best 3 ball in the first 2 rounds is no doubt Speith, D Johnson, Matsuyama, Matsuyama is a quality player and some big wins are just around the corner, this 3 ball will drag one another along, and look for these 3 to feature high on the leaders board after 2 rounds.

Danny Lee has gained plenty of confidence from his last couple of tournaments, and he is probably just starting to fill his true potential, other players who I think can feature are Brooks Koepka, Bernd Weisberger and David Howell, should be a tough open with the weather, but compulsive viewing.

I see where Steve has been giving Ryan Fox some hints about how to tackle the course and to play in a major.

Fox tees off around 11pm, admits to nerves (which is understandable) and will be interesting to see how he handles it.

I wonder if he'll have his old man carrying his bag? :)

The top 10/20

For scott was buying money but hit the lead and then reverse! Didnt see why though?...weather bomb? Or just bombed again leading an open....these h2hs always make me laugh it seems most times the supposed 'gun' either gets beaten by the rookie or ties,weird...james morrison is having a good year...surprised to see speith lose after getting so close,but zacs got some help from 'upstairs' as well