RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

England Tour

Well, I headed for bed reasonably happy with our four early wickets, although a little unsettled that a born and bred Kiwi was leading the fightback against us. 

Awoke this morn to the news that we had let it slip. We'd need to get those last three wkts quickly, in order to hop back in the drivers seat.

Felt just like old times. The English loved every moment of it and rightly so. It's been a rough ride for them. Even Mr Boring ..Geoff Boycott was very positive. Thing is,I'm not sure if England were really good or NZ were really bad. NZ were largely pathetic today with the bat.

So what went wrong? It looked like NZ just couldn't handle the pressure. I dismiss that possibility as any team who played in the recent World Cup final had to deal with considerably more pressure..ok they failed there also but had handled pressure in the World Cup beautifully.

For me the result is done to one thing. I...P...L...

I can't think of a worse way to warm up for all the discipline required in a test match especially with the bat than the candy floss hyped up bash it out of the ground Curry Cricket. NZ batsmen just didn't look like they knew how to occupy the crease. I'm sure they will be much better prepared for the next test but unfortunately they have feed English cricket months of real confidence and that will bite them all the English summer. The English will also want to hurt NZ in the limited over cricket when that arrives after all the shameful humiliation they suffered in NZ.

My fear is that a lot of the great work and progress done by NZ Cricket over the NZ Summer is about to be undone in the next month or so. Hope I'm wrong and this was just a case of every dog has it's day.  

The boys got the job done at Headingly. A solid effort.

This is a golden era for cricket in NZ. That rare occasion where the stars align and we get many very good players in the team at the same time. Previous time this occurred was the 80's.

And what a great brand of cricket they play. Hardly a dull moment.

I'm lovin it!