RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eminent racing

Auckland Cup

I hear a few hot dogs running in aus will be there!!! Dyna something? :lol:

Villa ? Double One ? I very highly doubt either of these 2 will come over. Isn't the cup on at a similar time to the Easter egg? Who's your source bone?

Can't give to much away....  ^_^

would have to be pretty special Bone to beat the likes of my boy Fantastic Pete who's going to a prolific Group1 trainer very shortly, 29.69 wenty first look, don't be afraid to tell us who the dog is as I would love a match race on a race day any track, I hope they bring back that 4 dog race every owner had to tip in 5 k winner takes all 40k to the winner, now that's my kind of racing, So now I've told you my secret weapon please tell us who the dyna dog is. The better the dogs here the better for our sport, cheers

would have to be pretty special Bone to beat the likes of my boy Fantastic Pete who's going to a prolific Group1 trainer very shortly, 29.69 wenty first look, don't be afraid to tell us who the dog is as I would love a match race on a race day any track, I hope they bring back that 4 dog race every owner had to tip in 5 k winner takes all 40k to the winner, now that's my kind of racing, So now I've told you my secret weapon please tell us who the dyna dog is. The better the dogs here the better for our sport, cheers

good dog.Well if all goes well i will mention him before he leaves the country.  

I hear two dogs from Vic made their way to Auckland yesterday for the cup. I see one is in Sunday but as mentioned in another thread must be c4 to be eligible an is only c2

Looks a pretty decent chance on Sunday, if Angvella wasn't in the race I'd be real keen on him.

Looks like Matt Roberts mucked up his nominations, Cawbourne Midget over 527? Unfourtunate mistake to make if they do infact get a start.

What a shame there was no wildcard option for Winsome Jenny, she would have added great interest to the cup. Also surprised to not see Know Danger up there, hope everything is well with him.

I feel its a weak cup this year, it will be interesting to see which young dogs step up in this race whether it be cawbourne crouch, lonesome pirate or spanish fancy my 3 picks.

the railway seems alot stronger, where do you look? Sozin comet and bright star are on fire and there are alot of young sprinters with alot of potential. Should be a cracker of a race

what race is he in

Only four heats for the Auckland Cup?

A 3 week series? Why?

So the top 4 from the 4 heats will make up 2 heats for the semi's?

A dog can finish unplaced in a heat and that guarantees advancement?

No Hodgson, no Fahey, no Lane/Wales, no Adcock, Know Cleeve?

No drive to Manukau for me to watch them live.

Very disappointing in my opinion.

Only four heats for the Auckland Cup?

A 3 week series? Why?

So the top 4 from the 4 heats will make up 2 heats for the semi's?

A dog can finish unplaced in a heat and that guarantees advancement?

No Hodgson, no Fahey, no Lane/Wales, no Adcock, Know Cleeve?

No drive to Manukau for me to watch them live.

Very disappointing in my opinion.

you would find they haven't the dogs to compete this year. Hard to buy a good dog at present anywhere, doesn't matter how deep ones pocket is. Even harder to breed one. It's either 30k for a litter or 30k for a potential c5 dog, no one would sell a true potential group1 dog with no issues unless the offers were 100k +

Its simple really, most of those trainers just dont have the dogs to compete right now, the three dogs i thought were notable abscences were kilchurn, fast archer and Blitzing mayhem.

Lets face it, Robbie has not yet stood up at the elite level, neither has know danger and the only dog off faheys that eould have any chance in this race is opawa tom, i can understand why they did not come up and spend that money whrn realisticaly, theres only a slim chance they would win the race

Here's a list of the placegetters which ran in the NZ Cup heats:

Jawlaa

Varga Frost

Botany Kevin

Trust Issues

Elephant Gun

Thrilling Butcha

Jinjarango

Jibbajabba Jewel

Know Ambition

Kilchurn

Stolen Money

Royal Runner

Blitzing Mayhem
Lunar Tom
Opawa Rosie (reserve)
Dream Collector
Botany Blake
Karen's Magic
Night Pearl
Murtaugh
Invidious

Other notables from those heats:

Fast Archer

Cawbourne Phillip

Know Danger

Dyna Filbert

Opawa Amy

Opawa Tom

Culvie Magic

Cawbourne Abbi

Homebush Chopper

Robbie

Could the new downgrade rule have adversely effected the noms? Have some of the top/near top dogs been downgraded after 3 misses? Statistically there are 25% fewer C5 graded dogs since Feb 1st.

You may have something there Yankiwi. This new downgrading rule is not only going to downgrade dogs faster, but its also going to downgrade the numbers at the top of the heap, and increase the numbers at the bottom. Nightmare for the punters, and also Clubs trying to card open class fields. All very predictable except for the wombles that voted for it.  I cannot think of one good reason for the change, only negatives.