RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
keeneye99

Trevor Wilkes

When on earth are us addington fans going to be relieved of the pain we have to continue to be put through by listening to this commentator. he's been doing it forever and seems to be well past his use by date. he must be at retirement age? Surely addington is meant to be the premier track in NZ so it should have a commentator to suit. He almost never gets through a full field of sprinters, gets dogs wrong, gets close finished wrong and really isnt that flash of a commentator even without the mistakes. I guess the problem is who replaces him? isnt rossanowski from christchurch? 

When on earth are us addington fans going to be relieved of the pain we have to continue to be put through by listening to this commentator. he's been doing it forever and seems to be well past his use by date. he must be at retirement age? Surely addington is meant to be the premier track in NZ so it should have a commentator to suit. He almost never gets through a full field of sprinters, gets dogs wrong, gets close finished wrong and really isnt that flash of a commentator even without the mistakes. I guess the problem is who replaces him? isnt rossanowski from christchurch?

couple of younger callers are in the wings so things will change not sure of time frames though

This one again! Yes everything you say is true he's a horrible greyhound commentator, I think we suffer because no one's got the heart or should that be balls to sack him! And when Brian Martin went, the next cab of the rank was Darryl Robinson!? Hes ordinary too! Ive heard some much better, younger commentators that must be due a shot!

This one again! Yes everything you say is true he's a horrible greyhound commentator, I think we suffer because no one's got the heart or should that be balls to sack him! And when Brian Martin went, the next cab of the rank was Darryl Robinson!? Hes ordinary too! Ive heard some much better, younger commentators that must be due a shot!

yes agree that Darryl Robinson is ordinary. Does an ok job but that;s about it, horrible monotone voice that sounds like he is a caller from the 1960's....Peter Earley is still leading the way in my opinion but sometimes sounds llke he dosent want to be there

couple of younger callers are in the wings so things will change not sure of time frames though

Do you mean Jason Teaz? i think he dosent go too bad at the otago dogs but really seems to be a harness caller at heart. Somebody told me him and his wife are having a baby this year? surely he wont be able to stay in the south when that happens? or maybe she will move down

I think that Trackside appear to be planning for the future with their commentators because as has been said some of these guys won't be around for much longer.

I haven't heard Andrew McCook call races but he is very good when he assists on the big greyhound meetings - good comments and knowledgeable.

One out of left field is Matthew Gardner - I have heard him at Taranaki and he is very good - also very knowledgeable around greyhound stuff.

I'm not a harness fan but I heard Matt Cross call a race one Sunday and he was faultless, it was like he'd been calling for years.  He's also a good presenter.  That's interesting Matthew Gardner is into it, he will do well with his knowledge.  Yes, Andy is exceptional on Trackside, really like how he reads the races.  

I agree with everything that has been said and some say I can't give a compliment.

Credit where credit is due I say.  In the end, people want the best so why not use the best available.  

I think that Trackside appear to be planning for the future with their commentators because as has been said some of these guys won't be around for much longer.

I haven't heard Andrew McCook call races but he is very good when he assists on the big greyhound meetings - good comments and knowledgeable.

One out of left field is Matthew Gardner - I have heard him at Taranaki and he is very good - also very knowledgeable around greyhound stuff.

I have heard some sound clips of andy and it comes naturally to him just needs to get the opportunity to get some raceday exposure with non totes etc . I sent some of andys commentaries to mark mac who was impressed and even offered andy some advise and the use of his commentary box at addington to practice which he took up.

I agree re matty g as well being another bright caller .I believe he sometimes travels with rosso

to the races and calls the tier 2 races. And also with andy,matt cross and matty g gives trackside at least 25 years worth of services as all if them are under 30 years old. Next few years will be an exciting time

Heres hoping jason we have been long suffering in that regard, agree that matt gardner was good when I was at hawera couple years ago, and I believe I heard him on racing replays doing the teir races and that was good quality aswell, lets hope that some if not all these young fellas come through the ranks and get an opportunity.

I'd prefer to listen to/ watch Mark and/or Matt on a bad day over Trevor on his best day.

My Friday spend thus far is up 40% over last Friday's entire spend and there's still 12 more races to be run in Wanganui.

I hope the NZRB take the chance to review my account to back my statement up!

Words generally only go so far, unless every time a "S" is required in a word, you change it to a "$".

I think the interview thing should be a permanent feature as both other codes do pre and post race interviews every single meeting and gives Joe punter and in sight of what the trainers are thinking. and if the interviews are different people all the time raises the profile of more trainers and handlers to the general public

Trevor Wilkes will be back Tuesday, and I can see him going another 10 years at Addington

He has a good  employment contract so we look forward to seeing him back doing a good job

there would be more chance of Brian Martin coming back than trev being replaced anytime soon

Im off work for a week, just getting some lunch. Time i got back in the car i wasnt going to make it home to watch.

Really wanted to see how Know Decision would go. Listening to Trev was like pulling teeth! I'm not into bagging people but that was a shocker if u were only listening like me!

Agreed,however Pete Early and George Simon are past there used by dates also...sad state of affairs

bring back Brian and Tony...or import another Mcnamara , hes outstanding.

Go and have a listen to race 8 at Addington today and tell me it's not time Trevor was gone for good, I was listening to it in the car and I think he mentioned a total of about 3 dogs during the whole commentary, his eyes were just on one dog which was all he was concerned about......have a listen (no pictures) and you will hear what I mean.....it was beyond bad.